Shut-out wins are unsustainable.

There is absolutely no way we can continue to count on 9 sacks per game to shut people out. We seriously need to add an average of 4 inches to our vertical leaps across the board or there is no way we can prevent people from ever scoring. I mean dang...do we really want to rely on having to get into field goal range EVERY SINGLE GAME in order to win? Let's not all get too excited. This win was obviously a fluke. Clearly we are not getting enough safeties, and until we do, I just can't truly believe this is a playoff team.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

Hate to say it, but I agree. I would have felt much more comfortable if we had allowed somewhere around 10-13 points instead of shutting them out. Between the comebacks and all the turnovers and now a shutout, I wish the Bills could get non-flukish wins. Can't they just be average?

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Hate to say it, but I agree. I would have felt much more comfortable if we had allowed somewhere around 10-13 points instead of shutting them out. Between the comebacks and all the turnovers and now a shutout, I wish the Bills could get non-flukish wins. Can't they just be average?

Why the hell would you want to be average?

It's prudent at this point to tell you that I and the OP were being sarcastic and lampooning a prior thread about how the Bills' penchant for getting turnovers meant that our winning was "unsustainable."

3.5, don't forget to tell him about 3.5...

I know that this thread is about the defense, but I worry that the offense is also not sustainable. I think it would make the game more interesting if Stevie would drop the ball occasionally. Being confident that he is going to catch the ball every time takes away a lot of the excitement of the game. And consistently catching the ball to keep the drive alive is not sustainable.

I know that this thread is about the defense, but I worry that the offense is also not sustainable. I think it would make the game more interesting if Stevie would drop the ball occasionally. Being confident that he is going to catch the ball every time takes away a lot of the excitement of the game. And consistently catching the ball to keep the drive alive is not sustainable.

Absolutely true. We MUST start coaxing more pass interference and unnecessary roughness penalties to have a chance.

There is absolutely no way we can continue to count on 9 sacks per game to shut people out. We seriously need to add an average of 4 inches to our vertical leaps across the board or there is no way we can prevent people from ever scoring. I mean dang...do we really want to rely on having to get into field goal range EVERY SINGLE GAME in order to win? Let's not all get too excited. This win was obviously a fluke. Clearly we are not getting enough safeties, and until we do, I just can't truly believe this is a playoff team.

:worthy: