Safety Tandem

dailar

Simple question. Is there a better safety tandem than Byrd and Wilson in the league right now. I can't think of any. Wilson is getting all the plaudits (and rightly so) but I think Byrd has been as good as anyone in the league. He's going about his job quietly but does everything thats asked of him.

Simple question. Is there a better safety tandem than Byrd and Wilson in the league right now. I can't think of any. Wilson is getting all the plaudits (and rightly so) but I think Byrd has been as good as anyone in the league. He's going about his job quietly but does everything thats asked of him.

They're both playing spectacularly. If the second half of the season goes like the first, we should have a slew of probowlers. Jairus and George should both go.

Byrd I'm not sure about. This is not casting aspersions about his play, which has been quite good, but Wilson has been a beast: four interceptions and he leads the team with tackles. He's definitely the stronger of the two.

I disagree as they play different positions. Byrd is second in the NFC at his position in tackles. Not that there are big numbers anywhere in the NFC but he is joint top in the NFC in sacks and is joint second in forced fumbles. I think he has been brilliant.

I love our secondary. Once we get Williams back to 100%, AND if we can maintain a respectable pass rush, our secondary will be very solid.

But....but remember all of the people said whitner didn't make plays because that wasn't his role in the defense. Wasn't his fault.

There were a few people (unfortunately I was not one of them) who insisted as early as 3 years ago, that Wilson was a better player than Whitner.

That play where he defeated the guard and made the open-field tackle was incredible. He has size and physicality against the run and has great range and ball skills as you would expect from a former wide receiver.

It was as recently as the Cinci game where some here were roasting Wilson (and McKelvin) for that incredible catch by AJ Green… or was it against Oakland and Denarius Moore? Either way, Wilson had unjustly come under a fair amount of criticism only a few short weeks ago. In truth he has been excellent all season long and has been a huge improvement over Donte.

As I'm fond of describing him, he's the Fred Jackson of the Bills defense.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

It's great that Lil' Donte made way for George Wilson ( who was clearly better the last few years)

It's great the Poz made way for our FA freak in Barnett.

And now Merriman is making way for our secret Weapon Don't cross the Moats! He was All over the QB and ball (even if he was diving in late on some plays.)

Add in a ton of Dareus, plus a sprinkle of Heard and Dwon Edwards and you got a recharged defense.

I was impressed with Harrison's (who played the position in the NFL) comment.

Add George Wilson to the "Pay the Man" list. We need to get to that salary floor and George Wilson deserves a chunk of that money.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Byrd I'm not sure about. This is not casting aspersions about his play, which has been quite good, but Wilson has been a beast: four interceptions and he leads the team with tackles. He's definitely the stronger of the two.

Byrd your not sure about?? Did u miss the Philly game? Byrd is playing lights out pretty much all season......watch the tapes and u will be very sure that the Byrd is the word