My prediction for "pleasant surprise of the week"

eball

Chris Kelsay. Before his injury, Kelsay was playing as well as he ever has. I believe a significant part of the Bills' dropoff in pass rush coincides with Kelsay's injury.

He will play a major role in Toronto on Sunday.

Chris Kelsay. Before his injury, Kelsay was playing as well as he ever has. I believe a significant part of the Bills' dropoff in pass rush coincides with Kelsay's injury.

Don't you know anything about football? Acknowledging Kelsay's talent and contribution to this team exposes you for the un-informed dolt you are. :devil:

I haven't even bothered expressing my satisfaction with Kelsay's play over the past few years. TSW simply refuses to embrace the guy.

Don't you know anything about football? Acknowledging Kelsay's talent and contribution to this team exposes you for the un-informed dolt you are. :devil:

I haven't even bothered expressing my satisfaction with Kelsay's play over the past few years. TSW simply refuses to embrace the guy.

As a former Kelsay basher I would say that the opinion of him has turned around here this year (myself included). With that said he did finish strong for us last year.

As a former Kelsay basher I would say that the opinion of him has turned around here this year (myself included). With that said he did finish strong for us last year.

agreed 100 percent, have hated on Kelsay (and rightfully so) for the previous years of his career...because he was very underwhelming...however, last year he played well after he adjusted to life in the 3-4 and earlier this season prior to the injury he really was pretty solid at generating pressure and setting the edge...i think his return will be a help for sure

I agree and have said several times that prior to his injury, he was probably playing better then anyone on the defense, and was about the only one putting any pressure on the QB. It would be great if he doesn't miss a beat and comes back at full throttle, might help to make up for the loss of Williams.

Yup. He is obviously a bum because I have read it right here over and over. so I don't need to pay attention to how he plays or anything. Sheesh. :devil:

Back when the Bills brought in both Ryan Denney and Kelsay, and Denney was getting all the focus, my "baby" brother, who was a pretty darned good linebacker in his day, said that Kelsay was the better prospect, with more "football intelligence." He also predicted Kelsay would likely be dissed by some fans because of his total lack of flash because his personality is that of a workaday guy going about his job quietly and effectively. So, bottom line, a solid player not a great one, a reliable guy, not a "high impact" one.

My pleasant surprise is total domination of this Redskins team. Remember how the Bills came out of the bye week last year by giving the superior Ravens a run for their money? This team was far worse in 2010, and the 2010 Ravens were far better than this edition of the Skins. Given time to prepare and heal (not enough, but still...), I think Gailey is going to put away the Redskins.

Agreed. What happened the last time we played a red, gold, and white team named after native americans...?

The Bills already destroyed the Chiefs - time to pwn the D.C. Squaws! :devil:

...Oh, that AND, the Redskins are a horrible team - although I am a little jealous of their rookie OLB Kerrigan.

Edited by BobChalmers

I have a funny feeling that we are going to see a new star born Sunday ....

IMHO using Spiller at WR last game was an experiment born out of necessity, we were slim at the "speed" WR spot, and you can't take away touches from Jackson to get Spiller jump started as a running back. I really don't think they had "special plays" to highlight Spillers talents, they just kind of taught him a few routes and threw him in.

I think the experiment went well, Spiller didn't make a fuss about playing "out of position" (by all accounts he embraced doing whatever it took to help the team), and he made a few catches proving he can play the position at least at a rudimentry level.

Chan the "Mega-mind" has now had two weeks to figure out exactly how to use him as a WR, and a "game breaking" type of running back's stock in trade is that if the team can block 8, 9, or 10 of the opponents the running back will make the rest miss the tackle. If Spiller is as good as the front office thought he was when they drafted him he should be "killer" once he gets behind the defense and gets the ball in his hands.

Because he has the speed the defenders HAVE to repect it and cover him deep, but unlike most "speed recievers" they also have to respect his ability to take the short pass through traffic to the end zone. I see C.J. being a nightmare to cover.

I must admit, I've hated the Spiller pick from day one, I felt that with Lynch and Jackson in the backfield, picking a running back no matter how talented, was a luxury we couldn't afford because we had sooooooooo many holes at other positions, but this just may work out afterall.

Count me in. I'm expecting a great, whole team effort in a game that won't be all that close. I think Fitz was speaking the mindset of the team the other day when he said 5-2 will look a lot better than 4-3. These guys are focused on this game, sure, but they have the playoffs squarely in the crosshairs. I think their approach is that this is a must-win game.

I have a funny feeling that we are going to see a new star born Sunday ....

IMHO using Spiller at WR last game was an experiment born out of necessity, we were slim at the "speed" WR spot, and you can't take away touches from Jackson to get Spiller jump started as a running back. I really don't think they had "special plays" to highlight Spillers talents, they just kind of taught him a few routes and threw him in.

I think the experiment went well, Spiller didn't make a fuss about playing "out of position" (by all accounts he embraced doing whatever it took to help the team), and he made a few catches proving he can play the position at least at a rudimentry level.

Chan the "Mega-mind" has now had two weeks to figure out exactly how to use him as a WR, and a "game breaking" type of running back's stock in trade is that if the team can block 8, 9, or 10 of the opponents the running back will make the rest miss the tackle. If Spiller is as good as the front office thought he was when they drafted him he should be "killer" once he gets behind the defense and gets the ball in his hands.

Because he has the speed the defenders HAVE to repect it and cover him deep, but unlike most "speed recievers" they also have to respect his ability to take the short pass through traffic to the end zone. I see C.J. being a nightmare to cover.

I must admit, I've hated the Spiller pick from day one, I felt that with Lynch and Jackson in the backfield, picking a running back no matter how talented, was a luxury we couldn't afford because we had sooooooooo many holes at other positions, but this just may work out afterall.

I had the exact same thought...fingers crossed...