DT Williams could be out for year?

Numark

Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere but yea.........

“Bills DT Kyle Williams talking of his vague foot injury sounded ominous. That plus info I’ve heard suggests return for 2011 in serious doubt,” Graham wrote.

Williams has been out with a foot injury for three weeks. He spoke this week about it:

“Hopefully I can come back later in the year and help our team,” Williams said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/27/bills-pro-bowler-kyle-williams-season-could-be-in-doubt/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rolling ball of butcher knives leads to big contract leads to rolling ball of butter knives leads to season ending "injury".

What a shock. Let's sign Fitz/Jackson/Stevie right away. <_<

Yes, the contract caused the injury. :wallbash:

Rolling ball of butcher knives leads to big contract leads to rolling ball of butter knives leads to season ending "injury".

The contract was somewhat ill-advised.

When you are composed of that many butcher knives, it's pretty easy to get injured, particularly in a self-inflicted way.

Yes, the contract caused the injury. :wallbash:

Sorry if you missed a step. The contract caused the relaxed attitude which caused the "injury". Get it now?

There was a thread about this yesterday called "Cheapness as a weapon". It is probably on page 2 by now. That thread was created before the announcement that Williams season is over. I guess it looks like a prediction thread now but I can honestly say it was not.

Sorry if you missed a step. The contract caused the relaxed attitude which caused the "injury". Get it now?

There was a thread about this yesterday called "Cheapness as a weapon". It is probably on page 2 by now. That thread was created before the announcement that Williams season is over. I guess it looks like a prediction thread now but I can honestly say it was not.

And the solution is to bring a psychologist to the contract negotiations to see if he can tell if a player is going to dog it after he signs a fat new contract, right?

And the solution is to bring a psychologist to the contract negotiations to see if he can tell if a player is going to dog it after he signs a fat new contract, right?

I think that is a step in the process, yes. Are you suggesting bringing a fortune teller or a tear-o card reader or something? I know teams cannot completely predict the future but they should try to do what they can. I think a psychologist is the best shot but if you believe in psychics and stuff then whatever. Personally I think that other stuff is bunk.

I don't think in Williams' case it had anything to do with the contract. His foot has been bothering him every since training camp. Did Peyton Manning's contract have anything to do with his neck injury? He signed a huge contract at the end of this past July. I am sure some players let up after a huge contract is acheived, but I don't picture Kyle Williams falling into this category. I am not saying it would happen, but I would expect it more from a Stevie Johnson, then Williams, whose motor is just to high strung to not go all out. Football is a violent game, and injuries happen.

Edited by billsfreak

I think that is a step in the process, yes. Are you suggesting bringing a fortune teller or a tear-o card reader or something? I know teams cannot completely predict the future but they should try to do what they can. I think a psychologist is the best shot but if you believe in psychics and stuff then whatever. Personally I think that other stuff is bunk.

Actually, no. I was simply making fun of your suggestion that a psychologist would help any GM make a proper offer.

Certainly plausible. Merriman also got hurt after he signed the extension. So did Kelsay.

I don't think in Williams' case it had anything to do with the contract. His foot has been bothering him every since training camp. Did Peyton Manning's contract have anything to do with his neck injury? He signed a huge contract at the end of this past July. I am sure some players let up after a huge contract is acheived, but I don't picture Kyle Williams falling into this category. I am not saying it would happen, but I would expect it more from a Stevie Johnson, then Williams, whose motor is just to high strung to not go all out. Football is a violent game, and injuries happen.

Such as Chris Johnson??? Oh wait its not his fault, its the teams' just ask him. http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-10-24/chris-johnson-says-struggles-not-his-fault

Certainly plausible. Merriman also got hurt after he signed the extension. So did Kelsay.

I view these as different type scenarios which I spelled out in the other thread. I hadn't thought of Kelsay but brought up Merriman. In his case I think it was a physical thing and a psychologist wouldn't have helped. Take a look at it and let me know what you think. I'm worried about them signing Fitz/FJ/SJ without covering all the bases.

Are you a psychologist or just winging it? I will leave that analysis for the professionals but your post above is in line with the thread from yesterday until you start trying to be a psychologist.

The big difference between those two is before he got hurt Kelsay might have been playing the best of any player on the defense this year, Merriman got hurt high fiving or something before the opening kick off and the only time you heard his name was when he committed a penalty.

Your clarification does not make any more sense than your original post.