DT Williams could be out for year?

Numark

Actually, no. I was simply making fun of your suggestion that a psychologist would help any GM make a proper offer.

Maybe you prefer dice or roulette? Because that is what you are doing when you ask a football GM who is well versed in seeing football talent, but has no training in the inner workings of the human mind, to take all aspects of the process into his own realm of responsibility. Personally, I think throwing a few bucks at an expert can never hurt.

If you were buying a house would you have the title searched by an expert and the frame inspected by an expert or would you just say that because you found it attractive that you should buy it? Geez dude get a grip.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your clarification does not make any more sense than your original post.

My clarification points to an entire thread discussing the topic which was on the front page yesterday so is probably on page 2 now.

Here is a quote from the other thread which may help clarify:

One time in Buffalo I drove through a town called Lackawanna which I think is an Iriquois word meaning "I don't want to". I think Lackawanna is something the Bills have seen in KW and should fear in SJ/RF/FJ more than any age or inconsistency issues.

Still, I think if you read through the entire thread it would help more. It is only 2 pages and I just bumped it.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

My clarification points to an entire thread discussing the topic which was on the front page yesterday so is probably on page 2 now.

Who cares. It's better that he is out against the Redskins as losing to them will help us make the playoffs.

Actually, no. I was simply making fun of your suggestion that a psychologist would help any GM make a proper offer.

You're right. They use psychiatrists instead.

The NFL has teams that goes through incredible lengths to vet players before they are drafted (some go as far as hiring PIs to do background checks -- something they all deny but happens regularly). So if you think that a GM or front office is above bringing in a sports psychiatrist (or a normal psychiatrist) to figure out as much as they can about their investments you're being silly.

You're right. They use psychiatrists instead.

The NFL has teams that goes through incredible lengths to vet players before they are drafted (some go as far as hiring PIs to do background checks -- something they all deny but happens regularly). So if you think that a GM or front office is above bringing in a sports psychiatrist (or a normal psychiatrist) to figure out as much as they can about their investments you're being silly.

Dude I don't want to be a prick but you started in. Psychologist and psychiatrist are two words which mean the same thing. The term used is homonym and please refrain from making gay jokes because that is not what it means. Anyway, another example of this is "oxygen" and "air". Different words....same thing.

Dude I don't want to be a prick but you started in. Psychologist and psychiatrist are two words which mean the same thing. The term used is homonym and please refrain from making gay jokes because that is not what it means. Anyway, another example of this is "oxygen" and "air". Different words....same thing.

This is true. I do stand corrected. But what about words like vet and vet? Spelled the same and can mean two different things? What's that called? I forget.

I view these as different type scenarios which I spelled out in the other thread. I hadn't thought of Kelsay but brought up Merriman. In his case I think it was a physical thing and a psychologist wouldn't have helped. Take a look at it and let me know what you think. I'm worried about them signing Fitz/FJ/SJ without covering all the bases.

Are you a psychologist or just winging it? I will leave that analysis for the professionals but your post above is in line with the thread from yesterday until you start trying to be a psychologist.

I think that in all of those different situations will apply.

If Fitz extends, the stadium redesign will need to include horse carriage trails, otherwise the Amish will occupy the Ralph parking lots.

For Freddie, they'll need to give Father Time the wrong address so he won't remind Freddie that he's a 30-yr old RB.

Stevie is a hopeless cause, because you can't plan against force majeure

This is true. I do stand corrected. But what about words like vet and vet? Spelled the same and can mean two different things? What's that called? I forget.

I forgot. Look it up. I think it is an opponym or a pallindome but I might be mixed up on that.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Psychologist and psychiatrist are two words which mean the same thing. The term used is homonym and please refrain from making gay jokes because that is not what it means.

Homonyms are words that sound the same and are spelled the same but have different meanings. Your definition of homonym is totally wrong.

Also, a psychiatrist and psychologist are two different types of professionals . They have different training and qualifications. For instance, a psychiatrist has a medical degree which typically qualifies them to prescribe meds. A psychologist typically cannot prescribe.

You lose a Pro Bowler from the leagues worst run defense, what does it leave you with? Not good at all.

Well, he's probably been struggling with it all season, making him a shell of his previous self. Probably one of the main reasons our defense hasn't been better.

So the "silver lining" is that maybe there won't be any further dropoff if he goes on IR.

Homonyms are words that sound the same and are spelled the same but have different meanings. Your definition of homonym is totally wrong.

Also, a psychiatrist and psychologist are two different types of professionals . They have different training and qualifications. For instance, a psychiatrist has a medical degree which typically qualifies them to prescribe meds. A psychologist typically cannot prescribe.

You'd think it'd get old but I still can't believe that after all the previous threads, and here in a thread that references that this shouldn't be taken seriously, people still get into it with him for real. I'm pretty sure he could preface all his posts "the following is totally a joke that I am playing on anyone that is willing to take it serious" and we would still have a solid 5-10 people quote it, offended by false information... What do you think it would take? How explicit/off the wall would he have to be before no one replied seriously?

You'd think it'd get old but I still can't believe that after all the previous threads, and here in a thread that references that this shouldn't be taken seriously, people still get into it with him for real. I'm pretty sure he could preface all his posts "the following is totally a joke that I am playing on anyone that is willing to take it serious" and we would still have a solid 5-10 people quote it, offended by false information... What do you think it would take? How explicit/off the wall would he have to be before no one replied seriously?

Jay Clocker is still my favorite. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128247-my-mock-draft/page__p__2129823__hl__clocker__fromsearch__1#entry2129823

I think you are mixed up -- it's not pallindome, I think you're thinking of terrordome (Good song!). Common mistake.

Not sure what the Road Warrior has to do with any of this?

Edited by Carey Bender

Forget it..and enjoy it!

There is absolutely no verbiage known to man that would constitute an effective enough disclaimer to prevent unknowing neophytes from taking Crayonz' bait.

It will never happen - and that's the beauty, and the hilarity, of it all. B-)