If a LB- Burfict, Upshaw, or other

....lybob

Lets say the Bills go LB in 2012- I like Burfict and think he could play OLB as well as ILB and really I think Upshaw could play any LB in the 3-4 too, who do you like if you had your pick of LBs

Haven't seen Burict so I can't say but I really like Upshaw and he is bigger and played inside and now plays outside.

Not concerned about versatility to the inside right now, we need pure unadulterated PASS RUSH. I don't follow college football so I can't give you a name, but just get the best damn edge rusher you can (value permitting, as always).

Honestly when I hear a guy can play inside in a 34 it downgrades him for our purposes in my mind. Demarcus Ware and James Harrison wouldn't be nearly as effective at ILB as they are at OLB, and that is the kind of linebacker we desperately need.

Between Barnett and Shepp we're good up the middle.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

vontez is a bad dude for sure. he hasnt had as big of a season so far as he was projected. but i just dont see Nix being into him. He makes a ton of bone head penalties and flys off the handle when other teams bait him into doing things and he obliges them by doing dumb things.

I think we're comparing apples and screwdrivers. We need a 3-4DE, 3-4OLB, and another DT, not a ILB like Upshaw. No OLB43 like Zach Brown or 43DT like Jerel Worthy. I'd even take a good cover CB in RD1.

My choices, drafting at #17-24, would be (in my order of preference):

• Billy Winn DE34 Boise State
  • Brandon Jenkins OLB34 Florida State
  • Morris Claiborne CB LSU
  • Levy Adcock OT Oklahoma State
  • Alameda Ta'amu DT34 Washington
  • Andrew Datko OT Florida State
  • Donte Paige-Moss OLB34 North Carolina
  • Jared Crick DE34 Nebraska

Edited by Astrobot

I think we're comparing apples and screwdrivers. We need a 3-4DE, 3-4OLB, and another DT, not a ILB like Upshaw. No OLB43 like Zach Brown or 43DT like Jerel Worthy. I'd even take a good cover CB in RD1.

Courtney Upshaw is not an ILB. He's an OLB and he is bada**. Gotta watch the games not read Wiki. He is the guy that I want more than anyone in this draft because he can play the run and the pass. Upshaw reminds a lot of Harrison, he's on the shorter side which gives him great leverage, he's stout at the POA, he can change directions well and he's about 270. He will be a pro bowler for years in the NFL. Plus he's played under Saban...nuff said.

Jenkins, like every FSU DE (Remember Everette Brown, Reynolds, ?) cannot play the run because they still allow their DEs to freelance way too much just like Mickey Andrews did. Crick has has had a terrible season and Datko's been a turnstile this year and is built like a power forward.

Courtney Upshaw is not an ILB. He's an OLB and he is bada**.

We have Upshaw as 34OLB, 3rd best after Coples and Jenkins http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalOLB34.asp

and strongside ILB http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalSILB.asp

5th best at that position (Burfict, Hightower, Kuechly, Manti Te'o). We don't need ILB; we need pass rush and edge sealers. While I don't think that Coples is the Bills' ultimate answer at #17-24 (think of a bigger Adrian Clayborn), Coples can seal the outside edge like Clayborn and turn the play back inside. Coples needs lots of coaching on his rush moves, but he won't freelance like Von Miller is doing. Clayborn's skills are translating well to the NFL.

I don't think Jenkins will come out this year, so that's a moot point.

BTW, I listen to the guys at DraftTek who do this for a living, not Wiki.

I was of the opinion in '10, and still am, that the offense is one big time wide receiver away from being elite and dynamic. For that reason, I advocated for AJ Green and still think that would be the pick. Where would you rate some of the receivers this year? It seems to me it's a good year for receivers. Jeffery from SC, Blackman from Ok. St., and Broyles from Oklahoma all seem like studs and legitimate number 1 receivers in the NFL, and guys that would complement Johnson well. What are your thoughts on those guys and when they might go?

We have Upshaw as 34OLB, 3rd best after Coples and Jenkins http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalOLB34.asp

and strongside ILB http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalSILB.asp

5th best at that position (Burfict, Hightower, Kuechly, Manti Te'o). We don't need ILB; we need pass rush and edge sealers. While I don't think that Coples is the Bills' ultimate answer at #17-24 (think of a bigger Adrian Clayborn), Coples can seal the outside edge like Clayborn and turn the play back inside. Coples needs lots of coaching on his rush moves, but he won't freelance like Von Miller is doing. Clayborn's skills are translating well to the NFL.

I don't think Jenkins will come out this year, so that's a moot point.

BTW, I listen to the guys at DraftTek who do this for a living, not Wiki.

Again, he plays and has played OLB since high school. He will stay there when he moves on too. He is twice the player Jenkins is.

Upshaw in a heartbeat! the guy is an animal, he can play inside and outside in our defense and he is a pass rush demon. you can line him up all over and rush the passer with him if he is there i want him

Courtney Upshaw is not an ILB. He's an OLB and he is bada**. Gotta watch the games not read Wiki. He is the guy that I want more than anyone in this draft because he can play the run and the pass. Upshaw reminds a lot of Harrison, he's on the shorter side which gives him great leverage, he's stout at the POA, he can change directions well and he's about 270. He will be a pro bowler for years in the NFL. Plus he's played under Saban...nuff said.

Jenkins, like every FSU DE (Remember Everette Brown, Reynolds, ?) cannot play the run because they still allow their DEs to freelance way too much just like Mickey Andrews did. Crick has has had a terrible season and Datko's been a turnstile this year and is built like a power forward.

i agree with everything but the is not a ILB part, he has played both and is dominant wherever he lines up

Upshaw in a heartbeat! the guy is an animal, he can play inside and outside in our defense and he is a pass rush demon. you can line him up all over and rush the passer with him if he is there i want him

i agree with everything but the is not a ILB part, he has played both and is dominant wherever he lines up

He only play inside due to injury last year. Either Nikko Johnson or Hightower went down last year so he filled in. But is an OLB and would make this team better instantly.

He only play inside due to injury last year. Either Nikko Johnson or Hightower went down last year so he filled in. But is an OLB and would make this team better instantly.

im aware of why he played inside the point is he can play both and be dominant at either position and i agree he would make the defense instantly better put him on the strong side at OLB and cut Kelsay.

you think paige-moss has fallen that far already? i havent been able to watch to much of him but there was a lot of buzz on that guy wasnt there?

With Heard at DE and they will probably move Carrington back there I don't think we need an End but NT, OLB and CB are big needs.

1. CB Morris Claiborne 6'0" 180

2. OLB Vinny Curry 6'3" 260

3. NT Dontari Poe 6'5" 350