All Time Underappreciated Bills

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talley is on the wall. And while I'm sure others would disagree I don't think he should be. I think he was an average LB playing behind one of the best DE's to ever play the game. He wasn't even the best OLB on the team. And his play in the SuperBowl against the Giants was so bad, he is one of the main reasons they lost.

Cribbs was a great player. Had RW paid him there may not have been back to back 2-14 seasons and Ground Chuck may have stayed longer.

Ruben Brown went to 8 ProBowls with the Bills - hard to say he was underapprecaited by the national media or other players. He is only underappreciated in Buffalo. That Still have no idea why he didn't get the love from Bills fans that say Wolford (even though he totally screwed us), House Ballard, and Rithcer did.

He missed. That is all that matters. He was kicking in near perfect conditions and he missed. The kick would have been good from 55 yards at least. He tried to overcompensate and he missed. It is not too much of a stretch to say the future of the entire region may have been different if he makes that kick.

Overall, Ruben Brown was a very good player... but he made some critical mistakes at the worst possible times that directly led to losses.. and then the POS quit on the team in 2003 .:thumbdown:

Gary Balidinger? Sean McNanie? John Kidd and Mike Lodish. Part time or no time players.

Might as well say Eddie Fuller, Yonel Jourdain, Mickey Washngton, Al Edwards.

See - you don't appreciate those guys either. THEY ARE UNDER APPRECIATED!!!

Bahahahahaaaaaa :rolleyes:

And thanks for the props for Al Edwards. He had a huge touchdown catch for us. As a matter of fact, I think it was his ONLY touchdown catch! :nana:

And thanks for the props for Al Edwards. He had a huge touchdown catch for us. As a matter of fact, I think it was his ONLY touchdown catch! :nana:

I still wonder what would have happened if Tasker was the 3 receiver in SB XXV instead of Al Edwards. I don;t think the Giants could have handled it, and I have no idea why Marv didn't think of it.

The St. Petersburg Times ran an article today called "Top Ten Most Underappreciated Buccaneers". Pretty interesting stuff. Since it's a bye week, thought I'd run through my list of all-time underappreciated Bills (in no particular order). And no, you can't include Phil Hansen. If you're name is on the friggin' wall, you can't be friggin' underappreciated.

1. Jim Braxton. Did the dirty work for O.J. Powerful runner in his own right.

2. Bobby Chandler. One of the best possession receivers in Bills' history. Great blocker for O.J., especially for someone his size. Had a bunch of productive seasons after being traded to Oakland.

3. Mark Pike. Bad luck being a great special teams player on a team with the best special teams player of all time.

4. Frank Lewis. Jerry Butler had more flash but Lewis put together several strong seasons with the Bills.

5. Jim Ritcher. What was it? Something like sixteen years of solid left guard play?

6. Charles Rhomes. I remember him being a pretty good cornerback for us for a long time.

7. Pete Metzelaars. Strange career. Started for us for a bunch of years. Got benched for a few years in favor of Keith McKellar and then started again for a bunch of years after McKellar was gone. Strong blocker and dependable receiver.

8. Derrick Burroughs. He was really, really good. Better CB than Nate Odomes. Always thought we would have won Super Bowl XXV if he hadn't suffered career ended injury in 1989.

9. Daryl Talley. Underappreciated for first half of career. Pretty well appreciated after 1990.

10. Fred Jackson. He'll be off this list soon enough. Pay the man!

No Phil Hanson?

I still wonder what would have happened if Tasker was the 3 receiver in SB XXV instead of Al Edwards. I don;t think the Giants could have handled it, and I have no idea why Marv didn't think of it.

To be serious a minute, I think if we had John Kidd instead of Tuten, Fred Smerlas instead of J. Wright, and Tasker as a 3rd/4th receiver, we would have blown the Giants out. Plus giving Thurman a few more touches would have helped. Memories . . .

Why the eff wasn't Tasker playing WR all along. He was so good at it towards the end of his career. I've heard people say that he was too small and would be hurt all the time.......Was that it?

He was too valuable to special teams is the only reason I ever heard..but yeah, he was a solid WR as well as shown in 95 when Reed was out for most of the season

Why the eff wasn't Tasker playing WR all along. He was so good at it towards the end of his career. I've heard people say that he was too small and would be hurt all the time.......Was that it?

He could have been our version of Wes Welker.