Bruce Smith Fathead

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have much more patience than I. After nearly three weeks of waiting, crappy attempts at customer service in response to my inquiries...well, I had had enough. As soon as my wife told me it was Ortiz and not Bruce I damn near lost my mind and fired off a polite but somewhat angry email. The gist of it was "I wanted Bruce but you took three weeks to screw it up and I don't trust you guys to get it right on the exchange, so I want my money back but I don't want to wait nearly another month like it took to get the damn thing in the first place."

The only thing they did right was they refunded my money before they even replied to my email.

ajzepp - can you send me the link to their feedback? I'd like to add something to it.

Sure thing...here ya go: http://www.epinions.com/Graveyard_Mall_Online_Store

You guys have much more patience than I. After nearly three weeks of waiting, crappy attempts at customer service in response to my inquiries...well, I had had enough. As soon as my wife told me it was Ortiz and not Bruce I damn near lost my mind and fired off a polite but somewhat angry email. The gist of it was "I wanted Bruce but you took three weeks to screw it up and I don't trust you guys to get it right on the exchange, so I want my money back but I don't want to wait nearly another month like it took to get the damn thing in the first place."

The only thing they did right was they refunded my money before they even replied to my email.

ajzepp - can you send me the link to their feedback? I'd like to add something to it.

Well, it was $15 total, so thats why i didn't think it was worth freaking out about. Worst case scenario, i'l toss it up on craigslist and try to get $20-25 for the Ortiz from some sawx fan.

Well, it was $15 total, so thats why i didn't think it was worth freaking out about. Worst case scenario, i'l toss it up on craigslist and try to get $20-25 for the Ortiz from some sawx fan.

The "it's only $15 total" mentality was the only thing that kept me sane during the process of getting it. When I shop online I'm accustomed to your order shipping within a day or two, and you have it within a week. But with how long it took - well once they screwed up which Fathead I wanted it was all over.

Funny thing was I threw a note up on my Facebook page offering it for $20 + shipping because I know I have Red Sox fans, but the place had already refunded my money before I got a single reply. They sure are fast at getting the money back to customers - must be experienced at that.

Edited by Bmwolf21

The actual fathead box.

Mine came in a fathead box wrapped in clear plastic. There was a UPC code on the botton that said D. Ortiz, and then on the top and side, a graphic showing the Ortiz fathead and said "David Ortiz." Sure enough, when i opened it, it was a david ortiz.

EDIT: just got an email response from customer service who claims they are having the correct order shipped to my today, and are also sending me a return address label for the Ortiz fathead. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Ramius

I just checked some reviews, and it's not good for graveyard mall. I was about to buy one, but I'm not sure I wanna give this company my info, even though it's only 17 bucks. Has anyone here ever bought from there before? If so, good or bad experience?

I bought two the Bruce Smith fatheads took them a couple of weeks to fill the order but I recieved them today and they are sweet.

Mine came in a fathead box wrapped in clear plastic. There was a UPC code on the botton that said D. Ortiz, and then on the top and side, a graphic showing the Ortiz fathead and said "David Ortiz." Sure enough, when i opened it, it was a david ortiz.

Same here. I didn't open it completely, though.

This is pretty funny. I got referred to this from a friend and after I ordered I saw the link on here. Like everyone else it took 3 weeks and lots of complaining to give me the proper USPS tracking info - why the hell didn't they just give it to us in the first place? On Tuesday I finally go it, but I didn't take a look at it until everyone said they were receiving the Ortiz. Sure enough, his ugly mug was on the package.

When I emailed them again, they tried pulling the crap "we'll send you the return tracking, and once we receive it you'll get your new fathead." I wasn't going to fall for that, especially since the website says it is sold out. Just got my refund today, thank god! I'll probably try and dump the Ortiz on craigslist, but the lesson here is if it sounds too good to be true, it is!

For anyone that is returning Ortiz and getting the Bruce, let us know how that goes! I wanna see if theyll actually get it right this time!

Edited by TheLynchTrain

This is pretty funny. I got referred to this from a friend and after I ordered I saw the link on here. Like everyone else it took 3 weeks and lots of complaining to give me the proper USPS tracking info - why the hell didn't they just give it to us in the first place? On Tuesday I finally go it, but I didn't take a look at it until everyone said they were receiving the Ortiz. Sure enough, his ugly mug was on the package.

When I emailed them again, they tried pulling the crap "we'll send you the return tracking, and once we receive it you'll get your new fathead." I wasn't going to fall for that, especially since the website says it is sold out. Just got my refund today, thank god! I'll probably try and dump the Ortiz on craigslist, but the lesson here is if it sounds too good to be true, it is!

For anyone that is returning Ortiz and getting the Bruce, let us know how that goes! I wanna see if theyll actually get it right this time!

Yep, that's exactly why I'm not sending this Ortiz one back until "Bad Things, Man!" shows up in my mailbox. They take three weeks to process our orders and ship the damn thing, but sure enough they can get that return shipping label to us pretty damn quickly! :rolleyes:

Yep, that's exactly why I'm not sending this Ortiz one back until "Bad Things, Man!" shows up in my mailbox. They take three weeks to process our orders and ship the damn thing, but sure enough they can get that return shipping label to us pretty damn quickly! :rolleyes:

This was the response they gave me. I asked them why they couldn't just send the Bruce Smith replacement out WITH the return shipping label but that was totally sidestepped. To me, I think its BS and if I were you I'd get that refund ASAP. Who knows if they'll even be in business next week.

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting me with your concern. What had happened is the shipping department ended up grabbing off of the wrong pallet, therefore sending out the wrong item. We have all of the Bruce Smiths in the warehouse, and we are having people send back the David Oritz so we can send them out the correct item. The reason it says sold out on the website is because all of these items have sold, but were just miss shipped. It is not a scam it was just an honest mistake that unfortunately we did not catch in time. I hope this helps to answer your question. If you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Warmest Regards,

Nicole Adams

Customer Service

www.GraveyardMall.com

+1

It took them less than 12 hours to email me the return shipping label, but they aren't getting their ortiz back until i get my bruce (the one they claimed they shipped yesterday)

David Ortiz, Bruce Smith...just ship them the Ortiz, they won't notice the difference!! If there is a pic on the outside of the package, how didn't they notice this when they allegedly "grabbed them off the wrong pallet".

Sorry for those whose orders got screwed up, I just find this whole thing funny.

:lol:

This was the response they gave me. I asked them why they couldn't just send the Bruce Smith replacement out WITH the return shipping label but that was totally sidestepped. To me, I think its BS and if I were you I'd get that refund ASAP. Who knows if they'll even be in business next week.

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting me with your concern. What had happened is the shipping department ended up grabbing off of the wrong pallet, therefore sending out the wrong item. We have all of the Bruce Smiths in the warehouse, and we are having people send back the David Oritz so we can send them out the correct item. The reason it says sold out on the website is because all of these items have sold, but were just miss shipped. It is not a scam it was just an honest mistake that unfortunately we did not catch in time. I hope this helps to answer your question. If you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Warmest Regards,

Nicole Adams

Customer Service

www.GraveyardMall.com

They seem to say the right things a lot of the time, which means either their order fulfillment dept is full of fugtards, or they are laughing at us behind their back while telling us exactly what they think we want to hear lol. These people are a mess. I'm just glad we didn't pay the sort of prices that Fatheds usually cost. I bought a huge Fathead of Turner Field and it was $99. Worth every penny, cause I love it (and so does everyone else who's seen it). But I can tolerate a little more nonsense when we're only talking a few bucks. I think a few of us ordered it while in the back of our minds thinking it wasn't legit to begin with, so I suppose just the fact that I got SOMETHIGN was surprising enough. B

I'd really like the Bruce one, though, so as long as they follow through on their end, I'll be happy to ship back Ortiz. But until then, he's slated for an Ebay sell.

David Ortiz, Bruce Smith...just ship them the Ortiz, they won't notice the difference!! If there is a pic on the outside of the package, how didn't they notice this when they allegedly "grabbed them off the wrong pallet".

Sorry for those whose orders got screwed up, I just find this whole thing funny.

It is kinda funny, especially considering how many of us got Ortiz lol

mine just arrived today with no problems. I even ordered the Marshawn Lynch one since it was like $3.99 or something silly like that... I just got it for the extra logo and helmet, totally worth it! Thank you to the original person who notified all of us to this great deal!

UPDATE - I did get an Ortiz sent to me, but I sent them an e-mail, and my Bruce Smith FatHead just came in the mail today. Definitely not a scam site, and they corrected their mistake.

Shout out to McKinleys Curse and Woody.., how long did it take to get your Bruce Smith Fathead after receiving an e-mail they were shipping it out?

Thanks,

Tim

Shout out to McKinleys Curse and Woody.., how long did it take to get your Bruce Smith Fathead after receiving an e-mail they were shipping it out?

Thanks,

Tim

I got it fairly quickly. They definitely did not wait for Ortiz to get back...I just got that out and Bruce came within a few days. Better than expected...I was ready for a 3 week wait.

GLAD IM THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO HOSED THIS SH*TTY COMPANY! I GOT MY BRUCE SMITH FATHEAD, READ ALL YOUR COMPLAINTS, SO I SENT AN EMAIL DEMANDING REFUND. THEY GAVE REFUND RIGHT BACK AND SAID THEY WERE SENDING A RETURN LABEL...... SO I CANCELLED MY DEBIT CARD AND I GOT MY FATHEAD FOR FREE!!!!!!! I WENT WAY OUTTA MY WAY TO SCREW THESE IDIOTS OVER

I had to buy this just to get in on this hysterical conversation. I'm hoping I get the Bruce Smith fathead, but based on what people have been saying, there's actually a good chance I get an SDS Fathead.

Those are rare. You could probably get $15 for it on EBay.

Maybe the guy in China working in a warehouse for a bowl of rice a day wouldn't see the difference between Rodger Rabbit and Bruce Smith. Just saying.

GLAD IM THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO HOSED THIS SH*TTY COMPANY! I GOT MY BRUCE SMITH FATHEAD, READ ALL YOUR COMPLAINTS, SO I SENT AN EMAIL DEMANDING REFUND. THEY GAVE REFUND RIGHT BACK AND SAID THEY WERE SENDING A RETURN LABEL...... SO I CANCELLED MY DEBIT CARD AND I GOT MY FATHEAD FOR FREE!!!!!!! I WENT WAY OUTTA MY WAY TO SCREW THESE IDIOTS OVER

Can't tell if you are proud or remorseful that you did this. <_<

Got my replacement FAthead yesterday. As I was unrolling it, I didn't realize it came in two halves, so I thought they printed it wrong or something and I only got bruce's top half to put up on the wall. Thankfully there was another sheet stuck to it.

I agree it's not a scam site...just run by monkeys.