Revis is a really good corner but refs make him great!

Did anyone else see when Brandon Marshall was running a go route down the sideline? Revis turned and ran with him somewhat, but kept sticking him in the chest so Marshall couldn't run by him. Literal jabs to Marshall's chest! Because he didn't have to run full speed with the WR, this allowed Revis to stop and break with Marshall if the route was ever cut. If that isn't impeding the progress of a WR then I don't know what is.

I liked how Gruden wouldn't stop saying how his pick-6 was 100% pass interference. Tirico & Jaworski never disagreed with him, either.

I noticed that as well...Have to give Gruden credit...He actually seemed a bit excited about it...

The guy is a great CB no question...I just wonder if he would be considered as good without the Ref help...Because no question he's getting away with A LOT more than most CB's out there...No question whatsoever...If I had the Jets coming up as a HC I would put together a highlight package of blatant Revis PI and send it in to the League Office pronto... B-)

Might it also be possible that because he is so "good," the refs tend to focus on other parts of the play, knowing that the likelihood of the ball coming Revis' way is slim? Hence he would be able to do a lot more extracurricular stuff because the ref wouldn't be looking as often as he would if it were, say, McKelvin.

Part of being a great corner is knowing how to hold when the ref isn't looking

Really?? So he has to watch his man, the QB, the ball, and the ref behind him??

Please... the refs turn a blind eye when it comes to him giving contact after 5 yards because of his rep.. it is as simple as that.

Really?? So he has to watch his man, the QB, the ball, and the ref behind him??

Please... the refs turn a blind eye when it comes to him giving contact after 5 yards because of his rep.. it is as simple as that.

Just like the best QBs have a sixth sense for where passrushers are without looking directly at him, so do the best corners have a sixth sense for when to hold.

Exactly...

And I think it's pretty sad players who are as talented as this guy is get the extra help...It's not good for the League if you ask me...And of coarse no one did... B-)

No question this guy get help from the officials. That INT he had last night for a TD was pathetic. Revis stood in the middle of Marshalls route. He put both his arms around Marshall and swung him out of the way to get into position for the interception. That was a digusting display of NFL football.

So does someone make a statement before the Bills play the Jets? Something like, Revis gets away with more illegal contact and holding than any CB in the league? This seems to have worked in the past when players and coaches have planted seeds before a matchup

Just like the best QBs have a sixth sense for where passrushers are without looking directly at him, so do the best corners have a sixth sense for when to hold.

Absolutely.

And when you've been around the block a few times you also know where refs are positioned and how to shield those prying eyes when you're working the edges of the rulebook.