[OT] More avatar problems

Rubes

I've been trying to switch avatars to a new cowbell avatar for a while now with no luck.

I've tried .jpg files, .gif files, all with no luck. All are smaller than 80x80, and all smaller than the requested file size. All I get is the red 'X'.

Even switching back to the previous cowbell avatar isn't working.

I tried the quick fix noted in the sticky above, but still no luck.

Any thoughts?

I've been trying to switch avatars to a new cowbell avatar for a while now with no luck.

I've tried .jpg files, .gif files, all with no luck. All are smaller than 80x80, and all smaller than the requested file size. All I get is the red 'X'.

Even switching back to the previous cowbell avatar isn't working.

I tried the quick fix noted in the sticky above, but still no luck.

Any thoughts?

173413[/snapback]

are you sure the file you're trying to load isnt' a red X?

Rubes.

1) Right click on my avatar.

2) Click save as. The file is named av-3179.gif. Save it to your desktop.

3) Go change you avatar to that file, just like you always have.

4) THEN follow SDS's link.

173478[/snapback]

I tried the damn link! Many times!

It isn't working for me either and I've tried SDSs link multiple times.

174091[/snapback]

then why don't I see a generic image icon in your spot? Neither your avatar or Rubes is in the directory. Are you guys deleting them after you don't see them?

My link only works if you upload the avatar, but see only an image holder in it's place.

then why don't I see a generic image icon in your spot?  Neither your avatar or Rubes is in the directory.  Are you guys deleting them after you don't see them?

My link only works if you upload the avatar, but see only an image holder in it's place.

174198[/snapback]

I did upload the avatar and when I look at my controls it shows an uploaded file of 80x80, and I have a red x in the top left corner. I uploaded the file from my avatar file (where I can see the picture) 2xs, each time from different files I have saved.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

then why don't I see a generic image icon in your spot?  Neither your avatar or Rubes is in the directory.  Are you guys deleting them after you don't see them?

174198[/snapback]

I just eventually took mine off out of frustration. But now I put it back, tried all the tricks, and still nothing. Hopefully you see the generic image holder icon now.

Rubes and Dave,

The files that are uploaded have 0 bytes. You need to check the file you are uploading and see if it really is a picture or if it is a bad file.

everything is working on my end - it is either the file or your browser that isn't working.

Rubes and Dave,

The files that are uploaded have 0 bytes.  You need to check the file you are uploading and see if it really is a picture or if it is a bad file.

everything is working on my end - it is either the file or your browser that isn't working.

174413[/snapback]

Not sure why that would be...I'm using the same broswer (Safari) as the previous day when I uploaded an avatar and it worked. And I'm using the same avatar file as the previous day when it worked. The file is 4K in size and opens fine in any image editing program. I've tried other files with no luck, either.

I've even tried a different browser (IE) without luck.