Pass Rushers....Possible Trade Options

The time is now to add a guy with a relentless motor who can come in and wreck havoc on the opposing team. I don't know what it would cost to get Jared Allen, but if I were the owner I'd go get him. The Bills are a playoff team right now. With Allen we become even more dangerous. Either we start blitzing, or we go get a Jared Allen - a guy who can create when you rush 4.

Ranked in order:

Jared Allen 6'6'' 270 Age 29 4-3-1982 9.5 sacks on 1-5 Minnesota

Dwight Freeney 6'1'' 268 Age 31 2-19-1980 5 sacks on 0-6 Indianapolis

Chris Long 6'3'' 270 Age 26 3-28-1985 3 sacks on 0-5 St. Louis

Robert Mathis 6'2'' 245 Age 30 2-26-1981 4 sacks on 0-6 Indianapolis

I'd give up a 1st for Allen, 2nd for Freeney, 3rd for Long, and a 3rd for Mathis.

Even with losing records, teams don't trade effective pass rushers. Tom Jackson says.....comon man! You either draft em, or pay out the ass in free agency when the original team doesn't want to pay top dollar. We aren't one piece away anyways. Keep building .......

In the world of extreme possibilities, the only one on that list that would go anywhere would be Mathis.

The problem is that you'd pay out the nose to get a 30 year old lineman and then have to sign him to a big contract.

Mathis is productive, but how much of that productivity is due to teams having to worry about Freeney on the other side?

The time is now to add a guy with a relentless motor who can come in and wreck havoc on the opposing team. I don't know what it would cost to get Jared Allen, but if I were the owner I'd go get him. The Bills are a playoff team right now. With Allen we become even more dangerous. Either we start blitzing, or we go get a Jared Allen - a guy who can create when you rush 4.

Ranked in order:

I'd give up a 1st for Allen, 2nd for Freeney, 3rd for Long, and a 3rd for Mathis.

i like the idea of acquiring a pass rusher myself. sure it is easy to say the bills arent going to make any moves, they probably wont, but i was thinking the same thing today. a guy like allen would be a great addition because the team itself is not as far away as some think.

Edited by dwight in philly

Ranked in order:

I think it's pretty clear that our lack of a pass rush is the biggest problem with our defense right now...

Having said that I don't think we need or want guys like Freeny or Mathis. They are and always have been pure 4-3 rushers, and have never really been bothered with having to play the run. I just don't see them fitting in.

Allen is a beast, and even though he plays in a 4-3 now, I think he could flat out play anywhere. I just don't see us paying the price for him though. Have there even been hints that he's on the block?

Long doesn't impress me, Chris Kelsay clone...

We need help, badly...But I think it will have to wait until next year, we will have to start blitzing I think...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Ranked in order:

Doesn't fit the teams plans of building through the draft

I think its silly. Any player that we could get in trade would not be worth the upgrade over what we have now. People don't trade top notch stuff. No need to give up a 1,2,3,4, round pick for a modest, temporary improvement by a piece of damaged goods.

Jared Allen has been rumored to be on the block. Im sure the Colts would ship off Freeny if the price is right.

Edited by It's in My Blood

I think its silly. Any player that we could get in trade would not be worth the upgrade over what we have now. People don't trade top notch stuff. No need to give up a 1,2,3,4, round pick for a modest, temporary improvement by a piece of damaged goods.

I think Jared Allen was traded TO the Vikings after a 15.5 sack season, for a 1st and two 3rd's if I am not mistaken...

I have to say though, I can't remember the last time there was this much noise around the trade deadline. The NFL doesn't usually do much mid-season trading.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I have to say though, I can't remember the last time there was this much noise around the trade deadline. The NFL doesn't usually do much mid-season trading.

If true, I think Andrew Luck is playing a factor. It makes no sense for Denver to try to win games right now. Trading away talent is the best course of action.