Is there any doubt we need a FRANCHISE QB ?

It's the 3rd game with a lot of bad throws of Fitzpatrick. Today 2 underthrows became int specially the 2nd cost us the game and that last drive prove we need a franchise QB. I know it's not all Fitz fault but it's clear as water. We have a very good backfield, a good group of WR, a decent OL (spite of the injuries). But the D doesn't make the right adjustments and the QB has all day to get rid of the ball. I'm just pissed, lose because a team outplayed you, fine. But lose because your own mistakes like today and that Cincy game just makes me crazy. :wallbash:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He really didn't play that poorly overall, though he made three costly mistakes. Let's cut him a break until he does a complete nosedive. Let's have some perspective folks. They're 4-2.

Edited by GOBILLS78

lulz at this thread. Op probably had the majority of it written before the game...just itchin for a bad outing so he could click send.

:doh: Sorry to disappoint you but it was after the game. I'm just being objective. Look at GB we have a much better backfield, and why not better WR corp. But they have a great D and Aaron Rodgers BIG difference. The Lions have a good D and Stafford, they don't have our running game but they're a solid team (spite the lose against a brutal D today)

Please . . . we're 4-2. He had a bad game. The D was banged up and didn't play well. Who in the long line of undistinguished Bills QBs would you rather have? What makes you think the first three games were flukes? Let's see how Fitz does after the break before asking for his head.

NO I'm not asking for his head. He MUST be or QB this year but it's not the QB that will take us to the SB again. We need a Franchise QB.

Probably not. Fitz is and always has been a great back up quarterback. I can't begin to imagine what Gailey could do with an amazing talent at QB.

AGREE !!! :thumbsup:

:doh: Sorry to disappoint you but it was after the game. I'm just being objective. Look at GB we have a much better backfield, and why not better WR corp. But they have a great D and Aaron Rodgers BIG difference. The Lions have a good D and Stafford, they don't have our running game but they're a solid team (spite the lose against a brutal D today)

You're being anything but objective.

If you're going to play gunslinger football with your QB, he is going to throw some ints.

Both of those were underthrown and both were very good plays by Webster.

You live by the gun, you die by the gun.

You're being more than a little reactive.

Go back to the Patriots game week three. There was a similar situation. Tie ball game in the fourth quarter; in field goal range. Fitz throws a lob ball into double coverage that is easily intercepted. David Nelson had no chance at the ball and it is nestled directly into the arms of the DB. This would've turned the game upside down. However in that case, a completely unnecessary pass interference by the other DB had us first and goal at the 1 yard line. We scored a touchdown and ultimately won the game so all is forgiven. Fitzpatrick makes these kind of game deciding mistakes.

yeah Fitz had a mediocre game(he did a few good things too along w the few butal mistakes and the seeming lack of focus at times).

But lets not forget his strengths. With his athleticism he can make an average O line look very good.He throws well over the middle and usually catches the player in stride so he can run. He is gutsy. He doesn't fold after making a bad play. He is probably in the top 30% of league starters in spite of his accuracy problems and questionable arm strength.

wow! the sky is falling chicken little.

why dont the bills go out and get a franchise corner after the poor game florance had.

to play the giants as close as the bills did with the fitz picks and the interferance penalties on florance is still a good sign to me.

fitz is still good enough after 6 weeks in my opinion

It's the 3rd game with a lot of bad throws of Fitzpatrick. Today 2 underthrows became int specially the 2nd cost us the game and that last drive prove we need a franchise QB. I know it's not all Fitz fault but it's clear as water. We have a very good backfield, a good group of WR, a decent OL (spite of the injuries). But the D doesn't make the right adjustments and the QB has all day to get rid of the ball. I'm just pissed, lose because a team outplayed you, fine. But lose because your own mistakes like today and that Cincy game just makes me crazy. :wallbash:

I concur. Fitz clearly threw the game away.

NO I'm not asking for his head. He MUST be or QB this year but it's not the QB that will take us to the SB again. We need a Franchise QB.

AGREE !!! :thumbsup:

Even if Fitz is not the perfect QB, he will have to do, because we have bigger needs at D and we are not drafting Andrew Luck. Consider Fitz our franchise QB and move on . . . we're on track for a winning season this year, with a good draft next year we are serious playoff contenders.

This is insane. We haven't seen this kind of offensive production in years, and it's in large part due to Fitz.

Maybe the problems lately have been a product of our WR-injury woes.

You're being anything but objective.

If you're going to play gunslinger football with your QB, he is going to throw some ints.

Both of those were underthrown and both were very good plays by Webster.

You live by the gun, you die by the gun.

You're being more than a little reactive.

Reactive maybe. Yes you throw some int like Favre, he was a gunslinger to, but not at critical moments, and yes i'm being objective because it's the 3rd game in a row with this kind of mistakes. Look at the Phily game, Fitz throw a lot of stones in screen passes, and in the Cincy game the same. Fitz is and must be our QB this year but we need a franchise QB to be a contender for years to come.