Buffalo Bills have EXCEEDED my expectations!

rockpile

The Bills are 4-2.

The Bills lost both of those games by a last minute or overtime field goal.

The Bills beat the Patriots.

The Bills have been fun to watch.

I had no expectations of this team going into this season. I knew I would be watching and cheering, but I could not invest myself emotionally like I used to.

The Bills have been playing some exceptional football, and kept their composure after losing the lead instead of folding.

The Bills could have just as easily been 2-4 or worse going into the bye week.

Thank you, Buffalo Bills for giving me a reason to watch football again. I really believe that they expect to win every game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes they have exceeded most of our expectations but it doesnt give them a free pass when they literally piss a game away. I even agree that a couple months ago, I'd be happy 4-2 at the bye but expectations can change as things unfold. I'm real pissed off that we are not 5-1 right now or even 6-0. I hope the Bills take the bye week to get healthy and regroup because this season could very quickly turn to the shitter just as easily as we could keep our early success going. Thats how the NFL is and I'm nowhere near convinced that we are ready to take the "next step". Can't count on 5 turnovers every week.

They've overachieved because of interceptions. Every game has come down to turnover differential and it's taken a lot more turnovers in our favor to win games than turnovers against us to lose them. You can't rely on interceptions to win football games.

Edited by earthtobrint

Lets not kid ourselves....Everyone would take 4-2 prior to the start of the season...but I sit here writing this comment feeling very disapointed we are not 5-1 or 6-0.

1 - Stevie Johnson No catch by refs killed us

2 - Gailey play calling with 4 minutes left and Stevie Johnson 15 yard penalty on same play killed us

So bc they exceeded expectations means we should be ok when they lose?

Seriously what's the point of this thread?

You're right, anything less than 19-0 is absolute horse ****.

It's clear every Bills player, coach and employee should be fired.

Totally agree. Sure, we could have beaten Cincy and yes, we could have beaten the Giants. Make a play here, get a break there and we are 6-0. Then again, two good teams blew sizable leads against us and another team with far greater talent lost to us by a touchdown despite being a minus-5 in the turnover battle. So yeah, I'll take 4-2 as well, Rockpile.

I feel exactly the same Rock. First time in years I haven't been just beat down after a Bills loss. They are playing like they actually have a clue. I think I'll take that and a few bumps along the way. Anything beats the ballnumbing losses of the last 15 years...

So bc they exceeded expectations means we should be ok when they lose?

Seriously what's the point of this thread?

Seriously, I think we should just make this the official "exceeded expectations" thread and sticky it and we can all sign it so that we don't have to feel guilty or preface every single criticism by saying it.

Just because Bills fans haven't experienced it in over a decade doesn't mean nfl teams who are supposed to stink don't make the playoffs every single year. I don't want to apologize for wanting to be one of those teams one freaking time.

If I have to explain it to you, you'll never understand.

Obviously you can't explain it or you would hv

You are obviously ok with them losing bc they are exceeding expectations....yeah perfect sense

I on the other hand hate seeing them lose games they should probably win

Edited by Max997

Another tough loss by three points. Remember last year when those types of losses were offset by only four wins? The Bills have most emphatically exceeded my expectations and continue to play well. The board here has breed a new sort of Bill hater, the "we are no good because we need turnovers!" We were right there today and would have gone up late in the fourth if Fitz had not thrown that second int. This is a good team that can hang with the best in the league and win more than they lose. We lost again on the road, which is worrisome but they were so close to taking this one at the end. Again, the Bills have most definitely exceeded almost everyone's expectations and the play has been to a high level that I haven't seen in years.