Buffalo Bills have EXCEEDED my expectations!

rockpile

Honestly we can't complain. The Bills are fun to watch again, and it will remain that way as long as Gailey's around. Speaking of which, we've also found a coach we can have some confidence in. Yes, he shouldn't have called a fade to the end zone today in that situation. But if Fitz doesn't under throw that ball and Stevie catches it for 6, we're calling him a mastermind, which has happened before.

We're 4-2 at the bye, who could have expected that? I'm not ignoring the fact our defense has given up an astronomical amount of yards so far this year. If we can make a few changes here and there, we should be okay with the way our offense has been producing.

THIS! Excitement is back in Buffalo, people should shut their pie-holes and enjoy it. I'm not ashamed to admit that this team used to be so bad AND boring that I'd routinely fall asleep during games.

I'm certain that WON'T happen this year.

The Bills are 4-2.

The Bills lost both of those games by a last minute or overtime field goal.

The Bills beat the Patriots.

The Bills have been fun to watch.

I had no expectations of this team going into this season. I knew I would be watching and cheering, but I could not invest myself emotionally like I used to.

The Bills have been playing some exceptional football, and kept their composure after losing the lead instead of folding.

The Bills could have just as easily been 2-4 or worse going into the bye week.

Thank you, Buffalo Bills for giving me a reason to watch football again. I really believe that they expect to win every game.

I started a similar idea thread but you did a much better job of highlighting the good things, its great to be relevant again in the NFL

Exceeded expectations? That's because year after year they were so bad the smallest of improvement in any phasae of the game would exceed prior expectaion. Not hard to exceed expectations when you have been perenial bottom feeder.

Seems this team may be headed back to the safety and security the bottom offers. They all still get paid without that bothersome idea of expectations.

Thank you, Buffalo Bills for giving me a reason to watch football again. I really believe that they expect to win every game.

Yes, I am glad we are not irrelevant by this time of the season as we have been for the last several years. First time, counting the year we were 5-1, I feel encouraged and truly think we are always in a position to win. While we could have lost the Raiders game, we could have won the Cincy game (save the idiotic side judge's reversal of Stevie's catch). Also, I think the toughest stretch of 6 games is done. Looking down the list of reminaing games, and based on the way the teams are playing right now, there is no other stretch of even 3 games that is tougher than what we faced in the last 5 games. If we keep playing like this, we should be no less than 10-6 and finish second in the AFCE.

Yes, I am glad we are not irrelevant by this time of the season as we have been for the last several years. First time, counting the year we were 5-1, I feel encouraged and truly think we are always in a position to win. While we could have lost the Raiders game, we could have won the Cincy game (save the idiotic side judge's reversal of Stevie's catch). Also, I think the toughest stretch of 6 games is done. Looking down the list of reminaing games, and based on the way the teams are playing right now, there is no other stretch of even 3 games that is tougher than what we faced in the last 5 games. If we keep playing like this, we should be no less than 10-6 and finish second in the AFCE.

So who finished in first?

Does 10-6 earn a playoff spot?

So bc they exceeded expectations means we should be ok when they lose?

Seriously what's the point of this thread?

I'd say its a breath of optimism and hope on an otherwise ugly Monday morning.

I'm thankful I can now WATCH the Bills and see them be competitive EACH week.

And that sure beats the #$&* out of the last few years where the Bills have been pretty dismal.

GO BILLS!

The point of this thread is very simple. I expected another year of total suck, and instead the first six games have provided football worth watching. I am SO not ok that they lost to the Giants.

They should have closed it the way they did with the Patriots. The end of game play calling was surprisingly stupid.

I did not see the Bengals game but was disappointed that they lost in OT. I was at my daughters' wedding and getting updates while playing my role: Father of the Bride. :D

The point is that the Bills are much better than I expected they would be this year. They are playing with heart.

I never said that means 'losing is OK'.

Seriously.

I hear ya Tom. I think the thing people should keep in mind is that the Bills are VAASTLY improved from the last few years. They are learning how to win the games that they would have lost any other year. This is definite progress, and looks like we FINALY got a GM/coach who know what they're doing.

Baby Rock married???

I hear ya Tom. I think the thing people should keep in mind is that the Bills are VAASTLY improved from the last few years. They are learning how to win the games that they would have lost any other year. This is definite progress, and looks like we FINALY got a GM/coach who know what they're doing.

Baby Rock married???

No, Babyrock 's younger sister, Kalene is my recently married daughter.

She was with my (now) son-in-law at the home opener at Hammer's, and married two weeks later.