Get ready for one fast, aggressive and YOUNG defenses on Sunday...

Booger

Troup, Darius, Moats, Batten, Sheppard, McKelvin and Byrd...maybe even Carrington all most likely starting.....its going to be fast and aggressive.....one or two early stops or key plays and these kids are going to be going nuts and feeding off of one another. Time to get HYPED...Bring the Noise...shake off any mistakes and keep attacking!!!

Troup, Darius, Moats, Batten, Sheppard, McKelvin and Byrd...maybe even Carrington all most likely starting.....its going to be fast and aggressive.....one or two early stops or key plays and these kids are going to be going nuts and feeding off of one another. Time to get HYPED...Bring the Noise...shake off any mistakes and keep attacking!!!

Young and fast means, they also can over react to the plays and leave gaping holes.

What was Troups injury? I thought he had injured his hand but would still be able to play. Did he injury something else?

though i'm excited as well, i'd feel a heck of a lot better if KW is able to start.

I hate to be the guy to say this but.....since Kyle received his new deal, he has not played like the maniac, the way he did in the past few years.

I prefer to have Merriman, Kelsey and Kyle Williams in the mix.

Lots of youth and speed but that also means mistakes, overpursuit, missed assignments. Not to mention a talent drop off.

What was Troups injury? I thought he had injured his hand but would still be able to play. Did he injury something else?

I hate to be the guy to say this but.....since Kyle received his new deal, he has not played like the maniac, the way he did in the past few years.

Troup has had back issues.

And Kyle Williams has had an ankle problem (that has worsened recently) since camp. Could explain why he doesn't look like the beast he was last year.

I really, really do not understand this line of thinking that has been popping up from several people on this board recently. Williams is an absolute beast and has been this season as well. He manhandles his opposition and has one of the quickest first steps I've seen from a NT in a long while.

He doesn't have a ton of stats, but he is impacting nearly every play he's on the field. Causing other teams to game plan around him, run away from him and yet he's still applying pressure and collapsing running lanes.

Go back and watch him, and only him, play this season. This guy is one of the best D-Lineman in the league. Even though he's been playing hurt.

Edited by tgreg99

I prefer to have Merriman, Kelsey and Kyle Williams in the mix.

Lots of youth and speed but that also means mistakes, overpursuit, missed assignments. Not to mention a talent drop off.

The item in bold has yet to be proven, or disproven. As for the first part of your statement, these things already happen when the veterans are in the lineup. A team doesn't give up over 450 yards for 4 straight weeks without mistakes and missed assignments on the field. That said, the only name I want to see back in the mix ASAP is Kyle Williams. He has no equal on the DL.

I really, really do not understand this line of thinking that has been popping up from several people on this board recently. Williams is an absolute beast and has been this season as well. He manhandles his opposition and has one of the quickest first steps I've seen from a NT in a long while.

He doesn't have a ton of stats, but he is impacting nearly every play he's on the field. Causing other teams to game plan around him, run away from him and yet he's still applying pressure and collapsing running lanes.

Go back and watch him, and only him, play this season. This guy is one of the best D-Lineman in the league. Even though he's been playing hurt.

i've watched each game about 6 times. kyle williams has been half as good as last year. maybe you're forgetting just how dominant he was - he was in on half the plays.

Agreed about Marcell. Huge asset because of his ability to move and play more than one or two techs.

Dwan is is solid against run. Johnson will be in there, also we need to find out more about Morrison.

If Barnett is out the play calling will suffer so thats tough.

But what a great opportunity. We lost Kelsay last week and the Kids stepped up pretty well.

Now we are going to ask more from our freshmans and 2nd year guys. This game is a good window into what the youngsters can bring. and i bet they bring they bring some if GE lets them. we still have George back there to help them recognize.

Should be a fun game.