Reggie Wayne

taglientep

I think Wayne is a bit overrated.  I think he's a product of playing with one of the best qbs ever.  That being said, I think we'd get more out him than a 4th rd pick.  My only worry is paying him too much.Looking at our recent 4th rd picks, its a no brainer.<br /><br /><a href='http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/120983-bills-fourth-round-picks/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://forums.twobil...th-round-picks/</a>

Edited by NewEra

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just disagree with this, adding mature veterans with playoff/super bowl experience is a good thing for a young team.

I also agree. And we need another top WR. Most great teams have 2 top WR's. If the price is only a 4th, I'd def take that. Just think of it as an Evans for Reggie Wayne trade. When you look at it that way, it's a no brainer.

Yes, a grown man in green tights dressed like peter pan!

Tom Brady's off season workout!

I think Wayne is a bit overrated. I think he's a product of playing with one of the best qbs ever. That being said, I think we'd get more out him than a 4th rd pick. My only worry is paying him too much.Looking at our recent 4th rd picks, its a no brainer.

Funny. I disagree.

I think Reggie Wayne is an awesome player.

As for 4th rounders drafted by this regime, if Easley ever commences his career, I have very high hopes for him.

And Chris Hairston is looking like a player. He could start at tackle for the Bills for many years.

If your team drafts well, a 4th rounder is a valuable pick.

With the revamping of the scouting department this year (the replacing of Modrak with Chuck Cook, the hiring of Tom Gibbons, the promotion of Darrell Moody, etc), I believe the Bills will be a team which drafts well.

I think the 2011 draft is an exceptional one.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Well the attitude around here is improving some what. It went from "Looks like we get Luck" to " we are rebuilding-no draft choices for vets". Seriously why can we not win the S.B THIS year? What team do you think stands in our way? If we can add a important player [and I know nothing about Wayne] do it NOW.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Well the attitude around here is improving some what. It went from "Looks like we get Luck" to " we are rebuilding-no draft choices for vets". Seriously why can we not win the S.B THIS year? What team do you think stands in our way? If we can add a important player [and I know nothing about Wayne] do it NOW.

I agree. Look around and no one other than pats or ravens scare me. Would be tough to beat Pats 2x for sure but easier than having lost the first and feeling fatalistic about losing. Ravens are of even greater concern because they can beat up the QB, have a big play guy in the secondary and they can run. Big match up issues for us. But hey being one of the top 3 gives you a shot and worth looking for that extra ingriedient or two now.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think Wayne is a bit overrated.  I think he's a product of playing with one of the best qbs ever.  That being said, I think we'd get more out him than a 4th rd pick.  My only worry is paying him too much.Looking at our recent 4th rd picks, its a no brainer.<br /><br /><a href='http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/120983-bills-fourth-round-picks/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://forums.twobil...th-round-picks/</a>

Any particular part of his game that you see as lacking?

Again, no thanks. Giving up draft picks for old players is the opposite of what we are trying to do, isn't it?

What good is perpetually getting younger? That is no good whatsoever. We have a chance to make a run - we should get what help we can find. That being said, Reggie Wayne isn't really what I had in mind.

The Brandon Lloyd speculation did intrigue me though. And Brandon Lloyd never had Peyton Manning inflating his numbers.

Per schefter on ESPN just now the Bills may look to acquire R Wayne from the Colts for a 4th....Why not we have a 4th to spare :thumbsup:

We don't need no almost done WRs for a 4th. We got the guys we need already and this allows us to use more 2 TE sets and the Fullback which will let us to run the ball more effectively.

<br />Funny. I disagree.<br /><br />I think Reggie Wayne is an awesome player.<br /><br />As for 4th rounders drafted by this regime, if Easley ever commences his career, I have very high hopes for him.<br /><br />And Chris Hairston is looking like a player. He could start at tackle for the Bills for many years.<br /><br />If your team drafts well, a 4th rounder is a valuable pick.<br /><br />With the revamping of the scouting department this year (the replacing of Modrak with Chuck Cook, the hiring of Tom Gibbons, the promotion of Darrell Moody, etc), I believe the Bills will be a team which drafts well.<br /><br />I think the 2011 draft is an exceptional one.<br />
. No harm done sjbf! I feel as such because think we have a legit shot to make a move THIS season. That 4th rd pick may or may not ever help us. One things for sure....it won't help us this year. Our wrs are depleted and we needed some help IMO. I'd love to bring up Aiken, but until I see it, I won't believe it. I don't believe it's likely that a 4th round pick has a good chance to significantly help our team. There's a chance, yes, but I think wayne hasna much better chance of helping our team this year, and the 3 following years. Planning the future is our game plan, but at 4-1, don't you think we should take a shot deep? It's a 4th rd pick, we traded a 1'dimensional Wr for it, let's add someone that can do more than that, nd hopefully help us make a push for a championship....the ONLY thing that matters.

Ps, sorry about the typos, can't stand typing on my ipad

Am I the only one that sees that this guy starts to run lazy routes when he doesn't get the ball? We don't need lazy route runners in this offensive system.

I'm torn with him.

Hard to say- don't see many routes on tv unless he's getting the ball. Have you seen him live or heard the commentary elsewhere or?

. No harm done sjbf! I feel as such because think we have a legit shot to make a move THIS season. That 4th rd pick may or may not ever help us. One things for sure....it won't help us this year. Our wrs are depleted and we needed some help IMO. I'd love to bring up Aiken, but until I see it, I won't believe it. I don't believe it's likely that a 4th round pick has a good chance to significantly help our team. There's a chance, yes, but I think wayne hasna much better chance of helping our team this year, and the 3 following years. Planning the future is our game plan, but at 4-1, don't you think we should take a shot deep? It's a 4th rd pick, we traded a 1'dimensional Wr for it, let's add someone that can do more than that, nd hopefully help us make a push for a championship....the ONLY thing that matters.

Ps, sorry about the typos, can't stand typing on my ipad

I feel ya but at this point, I'm thinking the Bills are not yet a Super Bowl contender.

If we were one or two players away, then I'd be for the trade.

Because I perceive us to be in the 2nd year of a 3-year rebuild (well ahead of schedule, however), I'd prefer to hold onto a 4th as opposed to sending one in a hypothetical trade for Wayne… or Lloyd.

But I understand where you and many others are coming from… why not make a grab for the ring (right here and right now)?