New Fitz Nickname

berndogg

My friend who's a giants fan made it up and meant it to be derogatory (because Fitz has a "hand gun" arm opposed to a "cannon"), but I actually think it sounds kinda badass. What do you guys think?

The fact a Giant fan came up with it kinda puts it in perspective.

Here's one for your friend: The Mississippi Mistake.

He is really Amish. You didn't see the stories about the horse drawn carriage he takes to the stadium and how he has to plan a weak ahead for most road game.

:nana:

Red Dog - - Don't let this guy pull your leg. After all those Amish school kids got shot in PA a while back, the Amish elders decided that those in the Amish faith could use certain technology, but only to the extent it is required to support their families or keep them safe. So of course Ryan can travel with the team to away games. He would lose his job if he didn't. He is also allowed to use a rifle or other gun to defend himself and his family - - self-defense is everyone's right - - even if you're Amish.

If you missed that story about the Amish school kids, it's real - - here's a link to a CNN article about it:

http://articles.cnn.com/2006-10-02/us/amish.shooting_1_amish-community-school-shooting-charles-carl-roberts-iv?_s=PM:US

If you rent the movie "Witness" with Harrison Ford, there is a scene near the end where even the old-school Amish grandfather helps Harrison Ford find a gun so that Harrison Ford can protect the grand-dad's kin. And that was even before the Amish school kids got shot.

Now, are you gonna see Ryan get in fistfights like when Harrison Ford clobbered that guy who smeared ice cream on his friend's face (one of my favorite movie scenes of all time, by the way)? No, because the Amish will peacefully tolerate embarrasment and indignity - - such things don't create any physical injury - - just inner mental strength.

If anybody here disputes that Ryan is Amish, take a close look at his uniform on Sundays. You will not see any buttons, because buttons are not "plain" enough.

Kind of ironic, because now with HD quality TVs, those of us who are not Amish can see such things, while the Amish themselves, for obvious reasons, cannot.

I just wish Ryan was from Ohio - - it would make the line in "Witness" about them Ohio Amish bein' a little different (right after Harrison Ford breaks the bully's nose) pretty applicable to the great year Ryan is having so far with the Bills.

Edit:

In case you missed the movie, here's the scene I mentioned - - the good part starts about 1:20 into the 3:39 clip. Some idiot marked this clip up with a few editorial comments, but you can click a time or two to make almost all of them go away:

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

My friend who's a giants fan made it up and meant it to be derogatory (because Fitz has a "hand gun" arm opposed to a "cannon"), but I actually think it sounds kinda badass. What do you guys think?

Nope, hand gun sounds weak. Now the Harvard Howitzer sounds bad ass.

Still think we need to refer to this offense as "The FitzKrieg! " An aerial assault that cant be stopped.

After the K-Gun this seems appropriate!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice like that a lot.

Am I the only one who thinks Fitz actually has a pretty good arm?

No, his Mom does too.

I sometimes call him "The Ring Bearer" since often the TV announcers are obsessed with the fact that he wears his wedding ring during the game. It just tells me that his wife wears the pants at home. Lol

Edited by billsfreak

No, his Mom does too.

I sometimes call him "The Ring Bearer" since often the TV announcers are obsessed with the fact that he wears his wedding ring during the game. It just tells me that his wife wears the pants at home. Lol

She might - you're aware his wife was an All-American soccer player at Harvard, yes?

“I have to admit, the girl I left Harvard with was better than the degree. Liza has been an amazing wife and someone I have been able to share this whole experience with from the very beginning. It is easy for me to stay grounded, because I have a wife that reminds me daily that she is the only college All-American in the household.”

Liza Barber

Ah, that would be a "No."

She might - you're aware his wife was an All-American soccer player at Harvard, yes?

"I have to admit, the girl I left Harvard with was better than the degree. Liza has been an amazing wife and someone I have been able to share this whole experience with from the very beginning. It is easy for me to stay grounded, because I have a wife that reminds me daily that she is the only college All-American in the household."

Liza Barber

Fitz has been quoted as saying "she's the better athlete in the family".

If genetics holds out, those three kids might be scary good.

“I have to admit, the girl I left Harvard with was better than the degree. Liza has been an amazing wife and someone I have been able to share this whole experience with from the very beginning. It is easy for me to stay grounded, because I have a wife that reminds me daily that she is the only college All-American in the household.”

Liza Barber

Yes. Sight unseen.

Fitz has more of a musket than a rifle. Not very powerful or accurate -but got the job done most of the time.