DT Kyle Williams

Brand J

I still do my job everyday no matter what. I'm wondering what a stiff back means to Troupe? It is just such a vague description. It makes me question the injury. I question his threshold of pain.

Unless your job is taking on multiple 300lb offensive lineman, you should probably put that ridiculous comparison back on the shelf where it belongs.

I am suspecting a turf toe or planter fasciitis. If ya ever have suffered from PF sounds just like what Kyle is discribing.

Indeed, sounds like Plantar fasciitis to me as well. The whole, once its gets warmed up comment is a good indicator.

Kyle wants to play this weekend. I like hearing that. However I'd probably do what they did with McGee, i.e. activate him but only play him if needed. And this is a game the Bills can afford to drop.

When you have a "stiff back" it's not just pain, it's muscle inflammation around the spine, and the spine itself could be out of sorts. Depending on where exactly in the back, that can effect a variety of things. Not only is the spine, and muscles surrounding it very important, many nerves travel through there as well that effect various parts of your body.

As someone who has had back issues for 20 years, I assure you, if he's out due to back stiffness, it's a good thing he's out. If he goes in there, he could do permanent damage to his back or other parts of his body at worse, and at the very least he won't get effective push or acceleration, and would be very inflexible.

For all we know, it might not be about pain, and it might instead be about capabilities.

A DT can play with a broken hand and a cast, that might hurt like hell, but if you take away his ability for an "explosive" acceleration and power because of a bad back, the pain level matters little.

20 years of back issues of what? Are they all in good condition?

Why do grown men call other men "studs"???? are you a little funny like that? not that there is anything wrong with that mind you...just sayin..sounds pretty gay

Good first post. Tired of this overly sensitive, politically correct mess. And I'm a male nurse.

He was held out of practice Wednesday for the Bills, but Kyle Williams foot injury has been an issue far longer than just this past week. The nagging problem worsened this past Sunday when he drove off the injured left foot the wrong way. Now Buffalo’s Pro Bowl defensive tackle is just trying to heal up in time for this week’s game at the Meadowlands against the Giants.

“Hopefully I can go out and play and go win a football game and then I’d have two weeks to rest up and get ready for the second half of the year,” said Williams in reference to Buffalo’s Week 7 bye. “I’ve always been pretty quick with healing, but it’s an irritating thing and it’s been bothering me. It came to a head on Sunday and hopefully we can manage it and get it under control where I can go out and be effective.”

Williams would not disclose the nature of his foot injury, but said he knew back in training camp that it was going to be something he’d have to deal with the entire season. At times the injury has compromised Williams’ trademark explosion off the ball that makes him such an effective interior penetrator.

“It’s a pretty sensitive spot in my foot. Once I get warmed up and going it’s been okay, but it came to a head Sunday,” he said. “I thought someone had fallen and hit me in a bad spot, but I just came off of it in a bad way and couldn’t do anything. Hopefully we can get some strength back in there and calm the inflammation down and play on Sunday. That’s what I want to do.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/DT-Williams-wants-to-play-Sunday/f97967ee-ec55-44e3-90cc-a8953bf7a50d

Unless your job is taking on multiple 300lb offensive lineman, you should probably put that ridiculous comparison back on the shelf where it belongs.

The english language leaves alot to be desired when communicating because people get the wrong idea from the same sentence. That isn't what I was inferring. I guess you just want to be confrontational.

The english language leaves alot to be desired when communicating because people get the wrong idea from the same sentence. That isn't what I was inferring. I guess you just want to be confrontational.

Since I don't want to disagree with you and risk the unholy terror of confrontation, I'll just concur that it makes absolutely perfect sense for you to question the toughness of an NFL Defensive Tackle based on the fact that you go to work every day and your buddy got hit by an acorn.

Great observation! :thumbsup:

Kyle wants to play this weekend. I like hearing that. However I'd probably do what they did with McGee, i.e. activate him but only play him if needed. And this is a game the Bills can afford to drop.

Please do not blaspheme 0:)

"If I expected us to lose games, why not just skip them and cut the risk of someone getting hurt and go on to the next one? We plan and prepare and work to win every game we play. I expect us to win every time we walk out there, I don’t care who we’re playing or when we we’re playing. You expect to win. Everything you do, every practice rep that you take, every meeting minute that you spend is done with the idea that you’re going to win. I don't pay much attention to the schedule, whether it's weighted in our favor or not doesn't really matter to me. We play whoever shows up. It's not that big of a deal." - Chan Gailey

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

Please do not blaspheme 0:)

"If I expected us to lose games, why not just skip them and cut the risk of someone getting hurt and go on to the next one? We plan and prepare and work to win every game we play. I expect us to win every time we walk out there, I don’t care who we’re playing or when we we’re playing. You expect to win. Everything you do, every practice rep that you take, every meeting minute that you spend is done with the idea that you’re going to win. I don't pay much attention to the schedule, whether it's weighted in our favor or not doesn't really matter to me. We play whoever shows up. It's not that big of a deal." - Chan Gailey

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

Okay, they can't really afford to drop any, but if it's a matter of making sure Williams and Merriman are healthier for the remainder of the season, versus aggravating their injuries further, I'd sit them both for this game.