Kyle Williams Injury?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that he was not in there in the 4th but I did see him walk through the tunnel towards us (after the game concluded) and he looked like he may have some sort of ankle issue by the way he was walking

Kyle aggravated a nagging ankle injury in the 3rd quarter and will probably be out til after the bye. However as I was told today in the shout box Williams is invisible out there anyways so losing a Pro Bowl NT doesnt mean much

Kyle aggravated a nagging ankle injury in the 3rd quarter and will probably be out til after the bye. However as I was told today in the shout box Williams is invisible out there anyways so losing a Pro Bowl NT doesnt mean much

I saw him on one play late in the 2nd quarter where he pushed the Eagles center straight back 10 yards . . . Vick got rid of the ball, but he must have been a bit un-nerved seeing his center coming straight at him aaa$$$$$$ backwards at a high rate of speed.

Hopefully he's not out, but if so, Heard will need to step up.

he was a pro-bowler last year - who gives a ****? he's been invisible all year. he and dareus combined for a whopping 0 tackles today. kyle has 4 solo tackles all year. are you really trying to tell me that there isn't something wrong there?

Edited by deep2evans

he was a pro-bowler last year - who gives a ****? he's been invisible all year. he and dareus combined for a whopping 0 tackles today. kyle has 4 solo tackles all year. are you really trying to tell me that there isn't something wrong there?

I think the comment by WVUfootball29 was meant to be sarcastic. At least I hope it was.

Football is a popular sport with a broad audience so I keep reminding myself it's not necessary to know what you're seeing in order to watch it (or comment here)

The fax that most defense are electing to run to the edges shows hoe effective they have been

Football is a popular sport with a broad audience so I keep reminding myself it's not necessary to know what you're seeing in order to watch it (or comment here)

lol unbelievable. you're absolutely right - i'm completely clueless and have no idea what i'm talking about. i'm completely blown away by kyle williams' fantastic 5 game performance. i don't know what's better - the 4 tackles, the 0 sacks, the 1 tackle for loss, or the fact that he spearheads the 29th run defense. surely he's a pro-bowl favorite again this year! :wallbash:

lol unbelievable. you're absolutely right - i'm completely clueless and have no idea what i'm talking about. i'm completely blown away by kyle williams' fantastic 5 game performance. i don't know what's better - the 4 tackles, the 0 sacks, the 1 tackle for loss, or the fact that he spearheads the 29th run defense. surely he's a pro-bowl favorite again this year! :wallbash:

Well then you realize that the Eagles had most of their success attacking the edges of the defense, rolling Vick away from Williams and Dareus most of the game. You also realize that McCoy gained most of his yards, not up the middle, but running away from Williams, again attacking the edges of the defense.

But since Williams is an All-Pro tackle, most fans "in-the-know" do expect him to have 4.2 speed, with the ability to shed tacklers in a split second to stop plays that head to the sideline. :doh:

Well then you realize that the Eagles had most of their success attacking the edges of the defense, rolling Vick away from Williams and Dareus most of the game. You also realize that McCoy gained most of his yards, not up the middle, but running away from Williams, again attacking the edges of the defense.

But since Williams is an All-Pro tackle, most fans "in-the-know" do expect him to have 4.2 speed, with the ability to shed tacklers in a split second to stop plays that head to the sideline. :doh:

can you stop talking down to me like i'm some simpleton? thanks for clarifying that nose tackles don't have 4.2 speed - this is completely new information to me.

a guy earlier in this thread essentially made it seem that Williams deserves a pass because he was a !@#$ing pro-bowler a season ago. and i think that sucks. i don't care if teams run away from Williams - he's still not in on enough plays and is sure as !@#$ not earning his new pay check. he's rarely causing pressure on the QB and his tackles are obviously way down. his production is a fraction of what it was last year and he needs to pick it up - that's all.

Anyone who has watched the games has seen good interior play by Williams, Dareus and Edwards... :blush:

i mean, are you serious? they have 1 combined sack and are ranked 29th against the run. what part of that is "good"?

He is one of those high motor guys

can you stop talking down to me like i'm some simpleton? thanks for clarifying that nose tackles don't have 4.2 speed - this is completely new information to me.

a guy earlier in this thread essentially made it seem that Williams deserves a pass because he was a !@#$ing pro-bowler a season ago. and i think that sucks. i don't care if teams run away from Williams - he's still not in on enough plays and is sure as !@#$ not earning his new pay check. he's rarely causing pressure on the QB and his tackles are obviously way down. his production is a fraction of what it was last year and he needs to pick it up - that's all.

i mean, are you serious? they have 1 combined sack and are ranked 29th against the run. what part of that is "good"?

Um, judging by this response, no.

Maybe you're not completely clueless, but you're implying that based on the statistics sheet the Bills will be better off without Kyle Williams on the field. Your dubious DT grading criteria combined with your know-it-all attitude reminds me of the drunk guy at the game that has all the answers, knows more than the coaches, and can tell you exactly why we suck so bad.

Do you think the offensive line coaches for the past 5 teams we've played would agree with you? "Hey guys, look at the film on this 95 guy, what a dud. Guy hasn't had a sack all year, and only 4 tackles. Hopefully the Bills are dumb enough to keep playing this loser..... Now lets go figure out why the Bills SS Wilson and LB Barnett are both in the top 5 NFL tacklers this year...They've gotta be really something...."

Maybe you're not completely clueless, but you're implying that based on the statistics sheet the Bills will be better off without Kyle Williams on the field. Your dubious DT grading criteria combined with your know-it-all attitude reminds me of the drunk guy at the game that has all the answers, knows more than the coaches, and can tell you exactly why we suck so bad.

Do you think the offensive line coaches for the past 5 teams we've played would agree with you? "Hey guys, look at the film on this 95 guy, what a dud. Guy hasn't had a sack all year, and only 4 tackles. Hopefully the Bills are dumb enough to keep playing this loser..... Now lets go figure out why the Bills SS Wilson and LB Barnett are both in the top 5 NFL tacklers this year...They've gotta be really something...."

lol whatever. the opposing o-line coaches are probably saying "we can run AND pass on them?!?!, what should we do first!!"

Williams is a nice player, but his production and impact is way down. it's a cause for concern big time.

I haven't had the chance to watch much this year, but has anyone on this board seriously state that they have seen other teams run at KW and he got blown off the map? Are teams avoiding him?

I think one also has to factor in that other teams tend to pass a bit more when they face Fitzbearded-one and our high scoring offence.