Al Davis Passed Away

Chilly

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the Raiders/Bills game, just a few weeks ago....

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not him. At least it's not him at the Bills game a few weeks ago. It said in a news report he missed the Bills game. And that was only the 3rd time in 47 years he had missed a game.

Edited by Wayne333

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not him. At least it's not him at the Bills game a few weeks ago. It said in a news report he missed the Bills game. And that was like only the 3rd time in 47 years he had missed a game.

Mr. Wilson missed the game too.

And it was not surprising but very sad foreshadowing that both men missed the game.

A page is turning in NFL history.

pretty sure Ralphs lawyers already have all that outlined, its all already in the lawbooks, and Ralphie pays a good buck to have his estate planned

Not to mention Al is just turning over control of the team to his son Mark I believe, so it will stay in the family, which Ralph has already said is NOT his plan, he will sell....

Same general region? Same state maybe, but LA is 6 hours by car from Oakland. Small comfort to local Raider fans....

This. I was going to respond with the same thing. It is like if the Bills moved to NYC. That is why I support Toronto teams over NYC/NJ teams anyday (though it is hard to root for the Maple Laffs).

RIP Al Davis

The NFL was lucky to have you

I second that. And will add that the AFL was lucky to have him as well. Because of Al Davis and other AFL owners, the AFL merged from a position of strength, something rare when a competing league merges (i.e. WHA).

This. I was going to respond with the same thing. It is like if the Bills moved to NYC. That is why I support Toronto teams over NYC/NJ teams anyday (though it is hard to root for the Maple Laffs).

Then again, in my point was that the Raiders 1) have played in LA and 2) Mr. Davis still claimed it as their territory.

I didn't know about his son. The estate/inheritance taxes are likely going to be killer. Possibly not as bad as any heir of Ralph would have had, since Davis didn't purchase a majority of his team 'til the late '70s --- but the govt is still going to take its juicy bite.

Plus one--that's what I think of when I think of the Raiders. Rest in peace, Mr. Davis.....

Same general region? Same state maybe, but LA is 6 hours by car from Oakland. Small comfort to local Raider fans....

bills fans zre class acts a reflection of their great owner. This thread proves it. I can not thank my brothers on the East Coast enough! I will passionately root for the bills second to my Raiders to make the playoffs I hope these two great and storied franchises can play each other in January. Raiders and Bills forever!