Buffalo has become 1 dimensional team

San-O

I love how we led the league in almost all positive offensive stats and one bad game against a top three defense and now we are one dimensional. I'm starting to really hate our boards. The people here are worse than the National media. It's ONE GAME get over it. The philly game the Bills will run for 120 plus yards are we going to still be considered a one dimensional team? Oh yea if we lose that game we didn't throw the ball enough.

SCS is one of our biggest Chicken Littles.

I take the middle ground in this thread. As Promo states, the W/L column is what matters. That said, the weather will soon change. Running will matter more in a few weeks, as will strength on both lines.

Spiller? Look at it like this.....Trent Richardson, if he stays healthy, might be in contention for the Heisman Trophy. Some mocks have him going in the top 10. So I ask, in his first 20 NFL games, would you expect Richardson to be more or less productive than Spiller?

The answer would appear to be a no-brainer. We can only hope that Spiller, one of these days, develops into a productive player.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I love how we led the league in almost all positive offensive stats and one bad game against a top three defense and now we are one dimensional. I'm starting to really hate our boards. The people here are worse than the National media. It's ONE GAME get over it. The philly game the Bills will run for 120 plus yards are we going to still be considered a one dimensional team? Oh yea if we lose that game we didn't throw the ball enough.

I tell my kids that if they really hate something to stay away from it?

Death, Taxes, and blaming playcalling after a loss.

You act like running the ball is some kind of lifeline that guarantees 5 yards on every carry when the passing game isn't putting up big #'s. Well guess what just like the passing game wasn't as successful against Cincy, neither was the running game, which is why Jackson was <4ypc.

It's not that easy to "kill the clock and kick a FG" with 10 minutes left. First you have to get in FG range, which they may have done if not for the blown call.

You must've missed that the running game helped get us back in the game vs. Oakland too.

I don't think they are any more one dimensional than the Jim Kelly/Thurman Thomas/Andre Reed teams were one-dimensional. We have a good running game (Jackson) and a good passing game. Whether we pass or run seems to be based on the teams we are playing and the game situation.

A team does not and is not one demensional when your rb is in the top 5 in the league for rushing...... 40% rushing against the #1 rush defense is impressive coming from a group of lineman most say are average at best. Chan calls his plays week to week to against the opposing teams weakness. The pats are one demensional. I can't see how you are saying all this. They had one bad game so far against a good defensive team.

A lot more fun to watch, however Gailey talks about being balanced, but doesn't do it. 146 pass attempts vs. 104 run attempts.

Great when the passing game is working, which it had until last week, however you are going to need to run the ball at some

point (see 4th quarter last game), and if you can't do it or won't do it, you won't win when it counts.

The pass game is not always going to work: great D line or 2ndary, QB or receivers just off, bad weather, take your pick.

Bills needed to run the ball in 4th quarter last week, IMO, and could not or would not do it.

P.S. Why did the Bills draft Spiller anyhow? 14 carries in 4 games? What's the point taking the guy 7th overall?

Flame away.

Fred Jackson: 17 carries, 3.9 YPC.

I wouldn't have run the ball in the 4th quarter either.

One dimensional? We have like the 4th leading rusher in the league. He'd be 1st or 2nd if we haven't had to come from behind twice.

Our offense is plenty balanced. This offense will be able to adjust to whatever circumstances throw us. Just look at what we're doing with our much-maligned line.

On D, on the other hand, even our much-maligned secondary is tied for 1st in takeaways. And our run D, while statically toward the bottom-middle, is still hovering stat-wise around two Ds with historical run-stopping prowess: Jets and Steelers.

We only have two serious issues right now: McKelvin's inability to make big plays and our surprising inability to pressure QBs. We get those right, we'll be in the fifth dimension.

I thought in the bengals game that their ability to shut down our running game hurt the balance of the offense overall......it needs to be said because its true....

I am happy with the offense....BUT if this team is going continue to win it is going HAVE to get tough yards on 3rd down....and it seems to me that we got stuff on 3rd down runs FAR too much

Really? 3.9 YPC is averaging a first down every three plays. It's greater than what you need for your running game to be effective. 3.9 YPC will do just fine.

To put some context around 3.9 YPC:

10 of the 17 plays (58.8%) went for 3 yards or less.

In the second half, 6 of 9 rushing plays (66.6%) went for 3 yards or less. 5 of 9 (55.5%) went for 2 or less.

Compare this to Fitzpatrick's 5.8 Yards Per Attempt that he finished the game with, and I would have been passing too.

Edited by BlueFire

A lot more fun to watch, however Gailey talks about being balanced, but doesn't do it. 146 pass attempts vs. 104 run attempts.

Great when the passing game is working, which it had until last week, however you are going to need to run the ball at some

point (see 4th quarter last game), and if you can't do it or won't do it, you won't win when it counts.

The pass game is not always going to work: great D line or 2ndary, QB or receivers just off, bad weather, take your pick.

Bills needed to run the ball in 4th quarter last week, IMO, and could not or would not do it.

P.S. Why did the Bills draft Spiller anyhow? 14 carries in 4 games? What's the point taking the guy 7th overall?

Flame away.

Better than a no dimensional team like last year.