Drew's decline last 2 games

Albany,n.y.

Get Peters involved, says I.

172711[/snapback]

And you wonder why?

He got something like a negative 6 on his Wonderlic.

This actually came from the Arkansas web site. It is a little profile about Jason with his answers. It is a little scary to say the least.

INSIDE INFORMATION: He came to Arkansas “because I like it.” Something you may not know is “I play golf.” A good deed or off-the-field accomplishment he is proud of is “I play golf.” His favorite part of being a Razorback is “playing football.” Within the next 10 years, he sees himself “coaching.” The person who has been his biggest inspiration is “my mom.” In three words or less, he describes himself as “wild.”

In three words or less, he describes himself as “wild.”

172717[/snapback]

At least we know he can count to three! Listen, I've heard all of these things about him, but I've also heard some interviews with him and he ain't as dumb as he's made out to be. Just let him go out 3 yds (he can count to that), turn around, and wait for the ball. Then he just has to know which direction to go in, I doubt anyone will tackle him on his way to the endzone.

Unfortunately, the NFL is all about reads, blitz pickups and breaking off paterns. I can picture this guy getting hit in the back of the helmet as he misses his read and runs his pattern.

I love this guys talents too, but there was a reason he went undrafted and unclaimed when he was on our practice squad. But he does like to play golf.

Over the course of the winning streak, while there has certainly been a difference in QB productivity from game to game, I actually don't think there has been an extraordinary difference in what I see of his play. He still throws some extraordinarily beautiful long balls as he did when he hit Evans virtually in stride on the flea flicker this past weekend or when he hit him for a TD on a bomb on the far sideline in the game (or two before that). He muscles the ball thru traffic on many throws like few others can do.

However, in addition to muscling the ball into a tight spot he throws some godawful passes into the dirt as he tries to use what passes for touch. He has also continued to make more bad throws to the wrong side of receivers bodies than I remember him making in the past.

Yet, I think his play has improved in several areas which I would attribute mostly to good play calling and work by Clements/MM

1. The simplification of the offense by limiting the number or types of audibles he can call seems to have reduced a tendency toward pass happiness in our offense and him being forced to make too many judgments.

2. He seems to have used this unused mental space to instead concentrate on showing some nifty fakes and movement as he faked a QB sneak and instead turned and flipped a lateral to WM for a TD, he has received a couple of laterals after handing off and hit a streaking receiver, heck he has even run a few QB draw plays.

3. The team has played extraordinarily well as a team and ST and D play has delivered him short fields or leads where he has not had to press.

4. He seems to have learned from the alarm clock which fills in for Parcells constantly yelling throw the damn ball at him practice after 4 seconds by not locking onto a receiver for a long time and thus missing other receivers or getting picked off.

Some games he has gotten lucky and opposing defenders missed INTs and some games he has gotten unlucky and been picked off a few times, but the D is playing well enough they can make the stop or ST is scoring and we're way ahead.

Overall, I haven't seen much change in Bledsoe's basic QB play, but the team correctly relies on him less to win the game for us and doesn't force things. When his efforts work (as they have on several flea flickers) we wn going away and the good news is that even when his efforts don't work the rest of the team is playing well enough we win going away anyway.

Bledsoe's efforts and production are fine with me as this gives JP the time to develop ino our QB of the future through some practice work he obviously needs and through some gametime in blowouts which gives him some playing time he must have as well.

Bledsoe's efforts and production are fine with me as this gives JP the time to develop ino our QB of the future through some practice work he obviously needs and through some gametime in blowouts which gives him some playing time he must have as well.

Good post..... I hope JP gets a full quarter of 'mop-up' time this weekend in SF as we cruise in a blow-out. :)

I will however be satisfied with a 'healthy' "W" to setup a 'Steeler Showdown' @ the Ralph! :D

I agree with your post. Imo, Bledsoe, especially taking the weather into account (since the ariz. game) is playing well both actually and statistically.

As for Harvey's point about the TE thing, here is my take.....

The Buffalo Bills TE situation almost mirrors that of their offensive line. Both have been horrid for 9 or 10 years. Imo, Pete Metz was the most unappreciated Bill since I have been a Bills fan.

Not only did he block like an OT, he was murder in the red zone. He would run those end zone patterns and just turn around. He was SO big and wide, Kelly would just heave a fastball to the upper middle of his body, and Pete would catch the football in his hands with his elbows out. How does one defend this????

Since then, we have suffered through Lonnie, Riemersma, and other horror shows. Finally, we get production from 2 football players at TE and they are both hurt. This sucks, but we must play around it.

Btw, I like Euhus, and think that McNally will help him learn to block. He can already catch and run nice patterns.

The Bills are, and will continue to be an interesting football team.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He got something like a negative 6 on his Wonderlic.

C'mon Yo, I've been admiring your posts long enough to know you know better. It doesn't matter how these guys conjugate a verb or if they can figure out when TrainA overtakes TrainB. What matters is whether they can play ball and the kind of thinking you need on the gridiron is more instinctual than analytical, with a few exceptions.

Hell, Julian Peterson scored about a 3 and it took him all of 7minutes to become one of the league's best 'backers.

The way Peters fouhgt to get his hand in the one single small spot that it needed to be in during his first game as a puntrusher, and the way he instinctively circled the ball and put his body between it and the endline tells me more about his football intelligence than any written standardized test ever will.

Cya

P.S. Re: the original post about Drew, yeah he's struggled since the phish game and I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with him no longer being pissed off after all the back-patting he undoubtedly received after his excellent performance in miamuh. But it bears mentioning that if you rewatch the Bengals game starting late in the 3rdqrtr you will see an absolutely smoking hot Bledsoe. I don't know what went on in the huddle or on the sideline, but something the Bills did got that boy's engine cranking and he was outstanding executing some gutsy Clements calls to put the Bengals away.

Cya

The way Peters fouhgt to get his hand in the one single small spot that it needed to be in during his first game as a puntrusher, and the way he instinctively circled the ball and put his body between it and the endline tells me more about his football intelligence than any written standardized test ever will.

Cya

172797[/snapback]

Yep. The running around the ball thing changed my opinion of him greatly. How many times do you see a big man's momentum end up knocking the ball out of the back of the endzone - a 5 point difference?