Fitz's Inaccuracy A Problem Going Forward?

The one pass/catch to the endzone yesterday was a thing of beauty. Ridiculous throw (for a rookie, for a vet, all-pro, doesn't matter, it was an insanely good throw, placed to where only the receiver could get it), and it was hauled in with one hand, with toes tapping down. I'm curious as to which defense is designed to stop this play...

Erm, one with a strong pass rush?

"It's hard to throw completions when you're sitting on your a**" Terry Bradshaw

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more you watch the rest of the league with the exception of Brady all QB's have these wtf throws every week. I started noticing last year when some guys were complaining about his wild throws- they all do it. Also we have fewer good catches and more flat our drops than other teams. He's fine not sure what we expect- we talk like there are a dozen guys out there better - they wouldn't be with this team.

the more you watch the rest of the league with the exception of Brady all QB's have these wtf throws every week. I started noticing last year when some guys were complaining about his wild throws- they all do it. Also we have fewer good catches and more flat our drops than other teams. He's fine not sure what we expect- we talk like there are a dozen guys out there better - they wouldn't be with this team.

Fitz is not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Neither are 30 other QB in the league.

Drew Brees threw 22 INTs last year. He's a great QB, and when he's under pressure, he makes a few "WTF?" throws.

Fitz is far from the biggest problem we have on the Bills right now. A look at our defensive stats after 4 weeks shows the red flag.

• 1 month later...

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afceast&id=34232

Analysis: Fitzpatrick has played awful the past two weeks. It's poor timing after he just signed a $59 million contract with the Bills. The bar has been raised for Fitzpatrick, who has thrown five interceptions the past two games. The expectation is that he performs well on a consistent basis, which is equal to the expectations for other franchise quarterbacks. I'm not sure how Fitzpatrick got a better QBR than Sanchez this week. Fitzpatrick made fewer plays and never gave his team a chance after falling behind 28-7 at halftime.

Walker's Grade: F

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

also note that last 2 games he has played with 3rd string LT and 2nd string LG. What bugs me more is that understanding the weakness on left side they didnt utilize TE or RBs to cover the blind side and create motion and rollouts to the right.

They started using roll outs to the right later. After they realized he couldn't just be a statue with his back turned to the weak side. I think it was too late by then as Cowboys probably prepared to counter the rollouts

well since this is only talking about last week then yes it is true. Fitz is winning the overall season for the stupid FITS MOORE SANCHEZ watch and I really dislike the new AFC East blogger. This is a stupid gimmick and I hate that they just crowned Brady and dont talk about his performance compared to the rest of the AFC East QBs.

well since this is only talking about last week then yes it is true. Fitz is winning the overall season for the stupid FITS MOORE SANCHEZ watch and I really dislike the new AFC East blogger. This is a stupid gimmick and I hate that they just crowned Brady and dont talk about his performance compared to the rest of the AFC East QBs.

Seriously what's the point? 3 rings, one of the best ever, and still playing at a high level. Would be silly to compare him to rest of AFC East. In his rarified air you're only talking names like Rodgers, Brees and Manning (if healthy) and IMO big Ben

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I don't like fitz but to rate him below Moore is dumb. I would take fitz over Moore any day. He did a great job the first 4 games. He has laid a big turd since "the contract". You could blame it on the line, but I think he is making dumb decisions as well. You are going to get picked when you throw it he ball into triple coverage or when your receivers tip the ball to the defense.

Seriously what's the point? 3 rings, one of the best ever, and still playing at a high level. Would be silly to compare him to rest of AFC East. In his rarified air you're only talking names like Rodgers, Brees and Manning (if healthy) and IMO big Ben

Rodgers is way better than Brady this year. Not even close. I've watched every Green Bay game and all but one Pats game.

I think Brady and Manning are the best I've ever seen since Elway/Marino, but Tom is about to go for his sixth year straight without winning a single playoff game. He's not the same as he was.

http://m.espn.go.com...fceast&id=34232

Analysis: Fitzpatrick has played awful the past two weeks. It's poor timing after he just signed a $59 million contract with the Bills. The bar has been raised for Fitzpatrick, who has thrown five interceptions the past two games. The expectation is that he performs well on a consistent basis, which is equal to the expectations for other franchise quarterbacks. I'm not sure how Fitzpatrick got a better QBR than Sanchez this week. Fitzpatrick made fewer plays and never gave his team a chance after falling behind 28-7 at halftime.

Walker's Grade: F

It's the grade for that week (Week 10). Exactly right for Week 10. It would be nice to see a little more depth to the analysis, such as acknowledgement that we have had our 3rd string LT (a guard playing out of position) against Ware, etcetera, but the rest of the media analysis is generally shallow, a lot of posters on TBD equally don't try to look at the full picture, why should this differ?

I don't like fitz but to rate him below Moore is dumb. I would take fitz over Moore any day. He did a great job the first 4 games. He has laid a big turd since "the contract". You could blame it on the line, but I think he is making dumb decisions as well. You are going to get picked when you throw it he ball into triple coverage or when your receivers tip the ball to the defense.

Dont know anything about Moore but interesting question , would you trade fitz for Sanchez straight up?

Problem with these rankings is that they take more into account the final scores (a team stat, not an individual players stat) and TD/Interceptions then anything else. I would be surprised if the guys doing the rankings watched more then the ESPN hgihlight shown of the game Sunday night. Fitz deserves a low grade this week, but theres no way I trade him for Sanchez or Moore

The last two weeks? Did the season start two weeks ago? Did they cancel the rest of the season. Are we 5-4 while after thursday the Jets will be 5-5? Does ESPN itself rate Fitz number 11, Sanchez 18? Can you go down far enough on the list to find the guy from Miami?

How do you grade the guy on two games in the middle of the season? Are you grading on a poorly played game where the other team scores 44 points and the blocking sucked?

I think Sanchez and he are in a close race for second place based on the season so far. I'll worry if we don't pull it together for the Miami game, but my worry will be about a number of other positions before I get to the quarterback.

In addition to the line the WRs obviously have a lot of influence. I keep thinking about the perfect deep ball he threw to spiller that was dropped. That's 50 yards at least, and maybe even an 80 yard TD. And it would have given bills at least some hope against Dallas.

Haven't seen any of Moore so i don't know about drops for him but I've seen all of Sanchezs last 2 and dont recall Anything that dramatic

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Rodgers is way better than Brady this year. Not even close. I've watched every Green Bay game and all but one Pats game.

I think Brady and Manning are the best I've ever seen since Elway/Marino, but Tom is about to go for his sixth year straight without winning a single playoff game. He's not the same as he was.

I agree. Rodgers is the best right now--he's having a Brady 2007 year. Brees is a close second. Brady third maybe. Big Ben is clutch. The rest? meh...