To Stand or not to Stand

kota

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn on the issue. I really think getting up out of your seat and a loud atmosphere are part of what makes it worth going to a football game. I also feel for your Dad and understand that not everyone wants to stand. No disrespect intended, but maybe the answer is that people like your Dad should just enjoy the game from home or a bar.

I must be part of the problem but I stand all the time. I stand on first down and on third down. I stand on 4th down the only time I sit on 2nd down is if nothing is going on... then again I stand while watching the game in my living room. Call it nerves excitement whatever I stand the entire game while watching at home why wouldn't I in the stands.

Something that's always frustrated me slightly off topic is when everyone is yelling attempting to disrupt a team on third down then stop cheering as soon as the ball is hiked instead of cheering through the play.

I have yet to be at a bills home game, but I unfortunately disagree....I am so glad to hear the fans are all on their feet no matter the down!....I feel if you wanna sit, sit on your couch...the opposite to all standing would be a Jacksonville\cincy situation, which is no tix sold!!...who knows, maybe it's all that fan enthusiasm while down so much that sparked both of our comebacks!!! Keep on your feet buffalo!!

So let's take all the seats out so we can stand 3 plus hours.

Also you will need to be in fit condition to attend a game.

Why do we need seats in subway cars?

in Airplanes?

Maybe there should be a section for standers that have no seats?

Like I said I do stand but I hate standing the WHOLE Fing GAME!! Especially when it's a god forsaking kickoff that will not be returned! Thanks NFL!

So let's take all the seats out so we can stand 3 plus hours.

Also you will need to be in fit condition to attend a game.

Why do we need seats in subway cars?

in Airplanes?

Maybe there should be a section for standers that have no seats?

Like I said I do stand but I hate standing the WHOLE Fing GAME!! Especially when it's a god forsaking kickoff that will not be returned! Thanks NFL!

The Bills are definately 3-0.

This topic getting mentioned and traction just proves that the negative nancies will always find something. The next I decide to pay to attend a game with 70,000 people and Canadians I will be very upset if I am forced to look at a blue player in the endzone, it is ridiculous.

I must be part of the problem but I stand all the time. I stand on first down and on third down. I stand on 4th down the only time I sit on 2nd down is if nothing is going on... then again I stand while watching the game in my living room. Call it nerves excitement whatever I stand the entire game while watching at home why wouldn't I in the stands.

Something that's always frustrated me slightly off topic is when everyone is yelling attempting to disrupt a team on third down then stop cheering as soon as the ball is hiked instead of cheering through the play.

Standing is tricky. I try to be respectful of others but when it comes to YELLING, I feel like we can make more noise for the defense when we are on our feet. For some strange reason the game is just more exciting when your standing. I try to sit and be quieter so the offense can run more efficiently. On big plays or exciting moments it is hard to stay seated and then once up I prefer to stay on my feet, as I am getting older and the up down up down is harder on my knees than standing. Once in Pittsburgh I stood for the entire game so that their fans in the aisle behind me couldn't see. Didn't make any friends but really didn't care.

i'm in the 15th row, 30 yd line.....the standing is too much.

for me, i can understand standing on 3rd downs, and when going for it on 4th downs....

in the new england game i had to stand 9 out of 10 plays...pretty much every defensive snap and every offensive snap other than coming out of a commercial break and some first downs.

the problem is the folks in the first few rows are just too low and they stand to get a better view....once they stand, it's a domino wave going up.

i must be getting old....but half the time i'm into it....the other half, i'm like , this is stupid.

i had seasons tix during the heart of the glory years of 90-95. funny thing is those crowds were enthusiastic and loud as hell, but they rarely stood up, or at least only during the right critical times. then again, i did have seats at the forty in like row 15 of the upper deck so pretty much all seasons tix holders, but i dont think that was it. and it wasnt like they were used to a winning team either, when i got my first seasons they were still pre-superbowl and the same thing happened. i think it was just a different time when people werent so desperate and inconsiderate or something. just didnt seem like people felt the need to stand constantly

there actually is a rule that you cant stand but they almost never bother to enforce it. and they really should, there should be regular announcements that standing for most of the game is not tolerated. everybody understands that during high stress critical times people are gonna stand in anticipation. but you can be just as pumped and just as loud and just as supportive sitting down for the nine out of ten plays that arent super critical. then of course you can always jump up after a great play

its just so unfair and inconsiderate to people who pay for a ticket and dont want to stand the whole game just to see. its especially bad for people who arent maximally healthy or worse have a disability and cant stand that long. you really are robbing other people of their enjoyment of the game

and just for the record, due to a permanent back injury i cant even sit in those seats for more than ten minutes. i have to stand the whole game, but i do it back in the tunnel out of the way so im not hindering anybody elses view. just wanted to throw that in there to show im not a whiner or a hypocrit. they really should do something about the near constant standing and put a stop to it

Edited by Meathead

Stand after they score, stand after a big play, stand at halftime. When the ball is in play, have a seat. You can be just as loud sitting down as standing.

Having said that, I was at the comeback game, and I stood (as did pretty much everyone else) for the majority of the second half.

Last year I sat in the front row at the Cincy game and the security guard was threatening to throw me out for standing up and yelling! Finally I got to the point where I told him that I paid so much money for the tickets that if he was going to kick me out for cheering for my team loud that he better get more yellow jackets! Surprisingly he left me alone after that.

Look, if you are out there contemplating dropping $500+ on a season ticket at RWS, or even buying a single game seat, you should really ask around and do a bit of research beforehand if you are going to get bent out of shape about people standing in front of you.

Football games aren't the most civilized events in many cases. I've been to countless games - not just Bills but plenty of college games and HS, too. People in front and behind you are going to stand no matter what. Some will stand longer than most and for no good reason, but thems the breaks. Want to know why they don't enforce the "no standing" policy? Because trying to do so is futile. You either save your money and dont go or suck it up, as i do.

I don't feel the need or see the point in standing the entire game - i paid for my seat so I use it as often as possible. But those out there too infirm or too stubborn to stand when necessary to see and enjoy the game should stay home and watch it on TV. You'll get the best view from home anyways.