The Top Ten Concerns Bills success could bring

Dr. Trooth

Be careful what you wish for...

10) Will the Bills look past the Bengals and get beat this week?

9) 75% of teams that go 3-0 make the playoffs. Hmm, remember the last time the Bills were 3-0 ?

8) The more games the Bills win, the higher the ticket prices will be the following season.

7) More wins = more players wanting new contracts & more money.

6) More wins = more fans going to the games. That means more cops on O.T. Can Erie County afford it?

5) More wins means fans will expect more

4) A better Bills team means less criticism. Sully could be out of a job.

3) More Bills wins could lead to the demise of WGR.

2) A better Bills team means lower draft picks

1) A good Bills team will put them on Monday Night Football with that blithering idiot John Gruden

The only one I'd have a hard time living with is #1. Gruden is a total ass. Alas, I could turn down the volume and tune into Westwood 1.

So... enjoy the Bills run for as long as it lasts. Probably took the late 80's and most of the 90s for granted.

I was worried about the Bills looking past the Bengals for about a one nanosecond and then i realized the following: this team is made up of players who have had nothing handed to them - they've had to scratch and claw for every ounce of playing time in this league and are finally reaping the benefits. Fitz was looked over twice in his career and was very close to being looked over again for a third time with the Bills. Fred Jackson was bouncing around europe and the arena league before finally making his way to the NFL. Stevie Johnson was on the practice squad this time last year...I can go on and on. Fitz and Freddy J are leaders in that locker room and I doubt that they'll let anyone on the bills look past the Bengals or take a single game for granted in this league. This team and these players have been waiting too long for this moment, and they're not about to let it slip away b/c they went 3-0. This team is hungry and this team is ready to !@#$ing go!

I was worried about the Bills looking past the Bengals for about a one nanosecond and then i realized the following: this team is made up of players who have had nothing handed to them - they've had to scratch and claw for every ounce of playing time in this league and are finally reaping the benefits. Fitz was looked over twice in his career and was very close to being looked over again for a third time with the Bills. Fred Jackson was bouncing around europe and the arena league before finally making his way to the NFL. Stevie Johnson was on the practice squad this time last year...I can go on and on. Fitz and Freddy J are leaders in that locker room and I doubt that they'll let anyone on the bills look past the Bengals or take a single game for granted in this league. This team and these players have been waiting too long for this moment, and they're not about to let it slip away b/c they went 3-0. This team is hungry and this team is ready to !@#$ing go!

Stevie Johnson was on the practice squad last year at this time? Did you type the wrong name? Who are you referring to?

Edited by bills7834

9) 75% of teams that go 3-0 make the playoffs. Hmm, remember the last time the Bills were 3-0 ?

8) The more games the Bills win, the higher the ticket prices will be the following season.

6) More wins = more fans going to the games. That means more cops on O.T. Can Erie County afford it?

1) A good Bills team will put them on Monday Night Football with that blithering idiot John Gruden

The only one I'd have a hard time living with is #1. Gruden is a total ass. Alas, I could turn down the volume and tune into Westwood 1.

So... enjoy the Bills run for as long as it lasts. Probably took the late 80's and most of the 90s for granted.

Now we have to hope that SOMEHOW a long-snapper will fall to us in the forth round :beer:

10: I doubt it completely. They didn't overlook Oakland and prepare for NE.

9: Yes I do, and that head coach's name of Dick Jauron, a mistake hire. Chan is not DJ.

8: I'd rather pay more for a winner and less for a loser, wouldn't you?

7: If they are worth it, pay them. Jackson, Fitz and Johnson deserve it. That's the core of this team's offense. If Nelson and Chandler continue, them too.

6: As NWA says, eff the po-lice! Who cares.

5: Good. Maybe that will pressure miser Ralph to open his wallet a little more, the cheap old coger.

4: Good. One less diphole hack writer.

3: Good. One less worthless, generic radio station.

2: We can always trade up. :)

1: At least it's better than that pseudo-intellectual Denis Miller and that puke-inducing retard Tony Kornhole!

I'm not trying to use the word loser as like nerd or not cool or something like that but holy **** what a loser mentality

Teams not taking us for granted?

National media blowhards jumping on the bandwagon?

Being able to wear our swag without public ridicule?

Being on highlight shows because we are winning?

Actually looking forward to games?

Not being on the smallest TV in the bar, unless we are playing NE or The Cowgirls?

Flexing to Sunday Night?

Not being able to get tickets?

Resurgence of Super Bowl jokes?

Being road favorites?

I don't think this team will look past Cincinnati. That '08 team had a much different make up. There's real leadership with this team that was lacking in '08. YE OLE would even hazard a guess that Fitzy fancies himself a bit of a fan in addition to being the QB.

Wrong. Edwards was as big a leader on that team. In fact I remember how Edwards went around the entire stadium Hi5ying fans. That team rallied around in that first five games...But when it came to facing the 3-4 teams in the AFC East they choked.