John Murphy

r00tabaga

We have been absolutely spoiled here in western NY with top notch radio announcers to cover our teams. Van Miller's voice was unique and was the voice of the Bills for generations. Rick Jeanerette is a staple and one of the most recognizable names in the business. Nobody can call an NHL game like RJ.

Now on to my point, I have watched NFL Network's radio calls these last two weeks for all of the game's highlights and I gotta say, Murph us really starting to be a part of this illustrious group. He worked with Van and really makes me proud hearing his energy calling our highlites!

Anyone else think that he is not only getting better, but starting to sound "unique" himself? He really has captured the excitement of this team in his play-by-play and nobody is giving him credit. He has outshined others so far on the NFL Network.

Edited by r00tabaga

We have been absolutely spoiled here in western NY with top notch radio announcers to cover our teams. Van Miller's voice was unique and was the voice of the Bills for generations. Rick Jeanerette is a staple and one of the most recognizable names in the business. Nobody can call an NHL game like RJ.

Now on to my point, I have watched NFL Network's radio calls these last two weeks for all of the game's highlights and I gotta say, Murph us really starting to be a part of this illustrious group. He worked with Van and really makes me proud hearing his energy calling our highlites!

Anyone else think that he is not only getting better, but starting to sound "unique" himself? He really has captured the excitement of this team in his play-by-play and nobody is giving him credit. He has outshined others so far on the NFL Network.

I love RJ, I never liked Van Miller. I think Murphy is an upgrade over Van.

I'm sure i'm in the minority on the VM though.

I have not heard him a lot recently being out of town (NJ) but what I heard in previous years made me really dislike his calls (not much excitement). More recently, however, I have heard a noticeable change (improvement). So, I am starting to like his calls much more than in earlier years.

My 2 cents

-RnJ

Murph is ok, and he's starting to grow on me a bit. I was definitely disappointed both he and Kelso didn't have a clue at the end of the game Sunday, though. They were both caught completely off guard by the Bills' strategy to take a knee and wind the clock down for the game-winning FG. I guess I expect more from the guys being paid to know the game and analyze it -- it's not as if Buffalo's strategy was unexpected.

You're in such a minority, that you may be the only one with a pulse. You DO have a pulse, right?

I'm NO fan of Murphy. Not at all. Granted, he has a face for radio, but NOT the voice. My judgement comes simply from whether I, personally, can do better. I can and would relish the opportunity.

Are you serious?

This may be the most blasphemous post I've ever seen on here.

You may want to consider not going around telling people about your thoughts on this subject.

I think the Florence TD was the 1st time I ever heard Murphy legitimately excited on the radio. It was very good... but generally speaking he's too bland for me

What I would have given to hear VM announce the last 2 games

Edited by jonramz