BB.com sez Wilfork slammed Fitznoggin into turf

Scrappy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what drew an unsportsman penalty that gave us a fresh set of downs & literally wipe out the rest of the clock:

Link to story

We should be thanking Vince for his ignorance there, it closed out the game for the Pats.

I see what you're linking, but it doesn't make sense to me (that it was Fitz). What I remember is the kneel down, general douchebaggery pushing and shoving, but never did I see Fitz head anywhere near the turf. I'm going to have to try to watch that play again. I just assumed that (think they announced #70, but that Mankins) it was one of our o-lineman getting the business.

I see what you're linking, but it doesn't make sense to me (that it was Fitz). What I remember is the kneel down, general douchebaggery pushing and shoving, but never did I see Fitz head anywhere near the turf. I'm going to have to try to watch that play again. I just assumed that (think they announced #70, but that Mankins) it was one of our o-lineman getting the business.

Just watched the play, he got on Levitre's back and pushing the back of his helmet and face into the ground. Wilfork was no where near Fitz on the play.

Hrs a real sob that vince. But peole don't realize that's the way bb has coached defenses for years. All 11 play like that. So does their oline

lol really? he been doing this for 30 years has numerous top defenses, 5 SB rings as a coord and HC but he teaches be dirty. This was a stupid act on Vince part and not like him at all he has maybe a handful of dumb penalties like this in his career.

Actually the first time Fitz kneeled down, the play this happened, he did try to move forward or something, for some reason. On that play the Pats were signaling fumble, and I was almost crapping my pants. The stategy made sense to me, but the Fitz handled the first one didn't, as a fumble could have lost the game for us, as the announcers pointed out. That doesn't excuse the un-Patriot like lack of discipline by Wilfork, Belicheat on the wasted Time out and the DB who mauled Nelson in the endzone on just a terrible decision by Fitz, that gave us first and goal at the one yard line. Not sure what Wilfork has against the Bills as you don't really hear about him playing dirty against other teams, but he is a repeat offender against us.

Actually the first time Fitz kneeled down, the play this happened, he did try to move forward or something, for some reason. On that play the Pats were signaling fumble, and I was almost crapping my pants. The stategy made sense to me, but the Fitz handled the first one didn't, as a fumble could have lost the game for us, as the announcers pointed out. That doesn't excuse the un-Patriot like lack of discipline by Wilfork, Belicheat on the wasted Time out and the DB who mauled Nelson in the endzone on just a terrible decision by Fitz, that gave us first and goal at the one yard line. Not sure what Wilfork has against the Bills as you don't really hear about him playing dirty against other teams, but he is a repeat offender against us.

The Pats have to be concerned about Fitz & decided to try to hurt Fitz / cheat. They take advantage of everything they can, whether it is by camera / bringing on players for a week or generally cheap plays during the games. I found it funny that Byrd ran into Welker hard & was flagged, it's almost like the refs abnormally protect the Patriot's players.

The League needs to review this & take direct action for this, it's uncalled for & really cheapens the game.

Edited by Scrappy

lol really? he been doing this for 30 years has numerous top defenses, 5 SB rings as a coord and HC but he teaches be dirty. This was a stupid act on Vince part and not like him at all he has maybe a handful of dumb penalties like this in his career.

Really? Do you know what you're talking about?! This is the same guy who took out Losman's knee intentionally a few years ago and then went on to be fined like 3 other times that same year, including for poking Brandon Jacobs in the eye (caught on film, BTW). He's toned it down the last few years, but that season alone he did enough to get a suspension and in fact went before Goodell (with his wife, no less) and didn't get suspended, but just warned, probably because he plays for the Pats*--anyone else would have been out for a while.....

Welcome PatsFanNH!

Cool to see an intelligent PAts fan come on here after yesterday's game, it shows respect.

Why do you feel it was a wasted timeout? The clock was restarting due to the no TD for Fred, they needed to salvage as much time as possible, let the Bills score on the first play (which Buffalo wisely countered with a kneeldown) and get the ball back with over a minute left and one timeout. Or is this not the TO you were refering to?

Edited by Carey Bender

The Patriots really showed a lack of class at the end. It's one thing to play hard and try and fight through the line to get to the QB, anticipating the kneel. But once the QB is down and once the whistle blows, extra-curriculars are highly unprofessional. FWIW, after the first kneel-down the refs should have been on the whistle MUCH quicker. Horrible job by the zebras, all around.

Has to be one of the most uninformed posts I've ever seen. So much so I suspect youre some kind of plant purposely trying to stir the pot. Watch a rerun of the giants bills super bowl when bb was dc and see Leonard marshal taking a full 5 step run from behind Kelly after the pass was thrown, drilling him hard btw the shoulder blades which I think effected his throwin motion rest of the game. Watch one db hold Andre reed off the ground while the safety comes in and elbows him in the gut. Reed was also never the same. As I said this has been going on for years.

Not only are your observations wrong your logic is too. Who says that's not a way to win games?

But hey buddy two can play it that way and it's no coincidence theres a lot of "activity" around bradys knees game in game out.

Just saying