NBC Sunday Night Flex Scheduling

Hsp08

There is no night game in week 16 I believe.

You mean Week 17, but you're right - all of those games are at 1 or 4. The Sunday Night games end in Week 16.

I think the only two possible Bills games that get flexed are Week 12 vs NYJ (currently Pit @ KC) and Week 13 vs Tennessee (currently Ind @ NE). Every other Sunday Night game has a big market team or a potentially good matchup.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

The season again will utilize "flexible scheduling" in Weeks 10-15 and 17.

In Weeks 10-15, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

A flexible scheduling move would be announced at least 12 days before the game. For Week 17, the change will be announced no later than six days before the game. The schedule does not list a Sunday night game in Week 17, but an afternoon game with playoff implications will be moved to that time slot to conclude the season.

The Christmas night game between the Bears and Packers in Week 16 will not be flexed. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and give "surprise" teams a chance to play their way into primetime.

It would be cool but given our track record of primetime games, I won't mind if we didn't get any.

This is a new Bills' team!!

I remember some great night games back in the Kelly era ... our track record has been pretty poor any time of day/night for the last 10 years!

The season again will utilize "flexible scheduling" in Weeks 10-15 and 17.

In Weeks 10-15, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

A flexible scheduling move would be announced at least 12 days before the game. For Week 17, the change will be announced no later than six days before the game. The schedule does not list a Sunday night game in Week 17, but an afternoon game with playoff implications will be moved to that time slot to conclude the season.

The Christmas night game between the Bears and Packers in Week 16 will not be flexed. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and give "surprise" teams a chance to play their way into primetime.

I hope our Bills have already clinched a playoff spot by week 17. I would hate to have to go play the Pats in NE with the Division or Playoffs on the line that week. Brady will be out for revenge :angry:

Hopefully we can rest our starters instead!

10 NE@NYJ. No way they flex this one out. Division rivalry, Brady, Sanchez. Won't happen

11 PHI@NYG Again, don't seem flexing this out for a Division rivalry with Vick involved

12 PIT@KC. Good candidate to be flexed. BUF@NYJ and NE@PHI are both strong possibilities. Brady vs Vick would give NBC wood, but I don't think they want to show the same team (PHI) 2 weeks in a row

13 IND@NE. I drew alot of heat in Shoutbox saying this wouldn't be flexed. 3 hours of waxing nostaligic over Manning vs Brady. Still hold the same opinion. GB@NYG looks like a strong candidate, but that's also Fox's premiere game that week. I doubt Fox gives that one up to NBC. Depending on the Redskins, NYJ@WAS is another possibility. But again, if they Flex in BUF@NYJ the previous week, they won't go with the Jets 2 weeks in a row

14 NYG@DAL. Snowballs chance of NBC passing on this

15 BAL@SD. Likely winner of AFC West vs Probable Wild Card at worst/Possible AFC North winner, they'll keep this one

16 Christmas Eve, No SNF

17 New Years Eve. No SNF scheduled but NFL.com says a game can be flexed if there's playoff implications. DAL@NYG, TEN@HOU, BUF@NE, DET@GB, TB@ATL, WAS@PHI all possible

Edited by /dev/null

If things continue look for the Bills/Jets game to be flexed on NBC in November. They play on a day when the KC Chiefs are scheduled for Sunday Night football. NO way they don't flex that out.

Depends if the network protects that game. You'd have to think that CBS would want to keep the NY base unless they have rights for another big game that weekend. You have to look for the 2nd-3rd best game most of the time.

The only chance for a Bills home sunday night game is the one vs the Titans, probably won't happen though, but I think the best chance for one is the Bills @ Jets

Remember networks get to protect a certain amount of games from being flexed

10 NE@NYJ. No way they flex this one out. Division rivalry, Brady, Sanchez. Won't happen

11 PHI@NYG Again, don't seem flexing this out for a Division rivalry with Vick involved

12 PIT@KC. Good candidate to be flexed. BUF@NYJ and NE@PHI are both strong possibilities. Brady vs Vick would give NBC wood, but I don't think they want to show the same team (PHI) 2 weeks in a row

13 IND@NE. I drew alot of heat in Shoutbox saying this wouldn't be flexed. 3 hours of waxing nostaligic over Manning vs Brady. Still hold the same opinion. GB@NYG looks like a strong candidate, but that's also Fox's premiere game that week. I doubt Fox gives that one up to NBC. Depending on the Redskins, NYJ@WAS is another possibility. But again, if they Flex in BUF@NYJ the previous week, they won't go with the Jets 2 weeks in a row

14 NYG@DAL. Snowballs chance of NBC passing on this

15 BAL@SD. Likely winner of AFC West vs Probable Wild Card at worst/Possible AFC North winner, they'll keep this one

16 Christmas Eve, No SNF

17 New Years Eve. No SNF scheduled but NFL.com says a game can be flexed if there's playoff implications. DAL@NYG, TEN@HOU, BUF@NE, DET@GB, TB@ATL, WAS@PHI all possible

Bills do have some attractive flex-possible games. And if they are still hot the NFL will want to get them into prime time. @DAL week 10, but I agree NE/NYJ is too strong. @NYJ week 12 is a definite flex contender. @SD week 14 is a great contest but NYG/DAL is a lock to stay put. Plus SD is already scheduled for week 15. Week 17, @NE could be for the AFC East crown.

I agree Week 12 vs the Jets is the most likely.

PTR

Bills do have some attractive flex-possible games. And if they are still hot the NFL will want to get them into prime time. @DAL week 10, but I agree NE/NYJ is too strong. @NYJ week 12 is a definite flex contender. @SD week 14 is a great contest but NYG/DAL is a lock to stay put. Plus SD is already scheduled for week 15. Week 17, @NE could be for the AFC East crown.

I agree Week 12 vs the Jets is the most likely.

PTR

Agreed. Other than week 15 that would put a NYC or Boston team in the slot every week. NBC would love to hold those markets consistently.

Then I fully expect the last game of the season, Bills @ Pats, to be flexed.

PTR

Actually, I bet there's no way it gets flexed if it is a meaningful game - CBS/Fox are allowed to protect certain games from being flexed and ending up on NBC. The hot games get protected so that's why you don't see that much of it.