Don't NOT get too giddy over that win!

DUFF

Debbie Downers:

Buffalo vs the Chefs ( The Chefs were in the playoffs last year, and theres no way Buffalo (ranked 32nd against the run) can stop they're running game.)

Buffalo Wins/Destroys the Chefs!!

Debbie Downers:

It's the first game of the season,The Chefs suck, lets see how they stack up next week against the bigger, more physical Raiders.

Buffalo comes back to defeat the Raiders the following week.

Debbie Downers:

Lets see how they handle the Pats, thats the real test. I'll Billieve it when I see it.

Alright Mother :censored: 's...........You BILLIEVE it now???? I've said it once and i'll say it again...This team can compete with and beat anyone in the league. If this is really your team, then you should stand behind them through the good and the bad. If you only like this team when their 3-0, then you are a fair weather fan who should throw on a pair uggs, smile like a beee-atch going down a water slide, and root for the pats. I saw alot of posters "man-up" on the "confession" forum :thumbsup: but yes you can now get GIDDY with it. This is a better team than we have seen in a long time, whether they make the playoffs or not, this is a team with young heart heading in the right direction, and should only get better and better as time goes on. Sorry for the rant.

Hate to get too excited but it seems like 1987 all over again

Im not buying superbowl tickets yet, but this is a young team that should only get better. (Fred and Fitz- still has quite a few years left in him.) Byrd, Williams, Dareus, Stevie, Jones, Spiller, Nelson and im sure a few that i'm missing are all really young.....imagine them when they have as much time together as brady and welker. The only thing that will piss me off about the Bills would be them not bucking up and paying these people. Even if they flop the rest of the season this team is on the up!!

Debbie Downers:

Buffalo vs the Chefs ( The Chefs were in the playoffs last year, and theres no way Buffalo (ranked 32nd against the run) can stop they're running game.)

Buffalo Wins/Destroys the Chefs!!

Debbie Downers:

It's the first game of the season,The Chefs suck, lets see how they stack up next week against the bigger, more physical Raiders.

Buffalo comes back to defeat the Raiders the following week.

Debbie Downers:

Lets see how they handle the Pats, thats the real test. I'll Billieve it when I see it.

Alright Mother :censored: 's...........You BILLIEVE it now???? I've said it once and i'll say it again...This team can compete with and beat anyone in the league. If this is really your team, then you should stand behind them through the good and the bad. If you only like this team when their 3-0, then you are a fair weather fan who should throw on a pair uggs, smile like a beee-atch going down a water slide, and root for the pats. I saw alot of posters "man-up" on the "confession" forum :thumbsup: but yes you can now get GIDDY with it. This is a better team than we have seen in a long time, whether they make the playoffs or not, this is a team with young heart heading in the right direction, and should only get better and better as time goes on. Sorry for the rant.

Alrighty....

I don't think anyone has been arguing that we aren't going in the right direction since about 15 mins into the season. The "Debbie downers" are trying to get a grasp on how far we are. Are we just improved? Wild card contender? I never doubted we could beat any team, but there are some that we aren't as likely to beat. Will we be streaky or have consistency? What are our strengths, and do we have weaknesses that will haunt us?

KC looked like a middle of the road team. They have totally imploded. I don't think any of us expected KC to be an upper echelon team but no one expected that meltdown. Makes it tough to read what that win meant. Still - we did everything you can ask for given who was on the field.

Oakland coming across the country for an early game outside their division (which they were 2-8 outside of) was going to be a game I had penciled in as a win. Fell behind big, but came back. Team was a little two faced but handled what they needed to. Can they do it 4 quarters? How good is Oakland? Fair questions.

Pats? Big win. At home, pats missing pieces still fell behind big and fast. Worrisome trend. Got ourselves together but need to figure out our first half woes the last two weeks. Won't be a playoff contender if that keeps up. If we can hit the ground running and be more consistent it looks like we have a chance to play in January.

You obviously haven't been a Bills fan for that long...

Great insight on the topic :wallbash:

Born in Buffalo in 79' and a fan since whenever kids start watching football...became a Bills Fanatic around the 90's when i began to understand the game more, and also when it was difficult to face my gradeschool on monday for 4 straight years...in Pittsburgh Country. Wasn't a fan when they were wearing leather helmets, or before OJ wore leather isotoners, but always a fan.

how can you not be a little troubled by the way we're playing defense?

I'm troubled by the way we're playing offense - this thing of getting behind by 21 points before we wake up has got to stop before it becomes a habit. Talk about the Cardiac Kids - sheesh!

What troubles you about the way we're playing defense? The Pats are one hell of an offensive juggernaut.

We stopped them twice, picked them 4 times, and held them to a field goal.

That's about as well as a team can do against the Pats, the way Brady and Co. have been playing.

It's actually way way better than I expected us to be able to do.

I will eat my crow - I did think we could win, but only by playing mistake free, ball control offense.

Edited by Hopeful

Great insight on the topic :wallbash:

Born in Buffalo in 79' and a fan since whenever kids start watching football...became a Bills Fanatic around the 90's when i began to understand the game more, and also when it was difficult to face my gradeschool on monday for 4 straight years...in Pittsburgh Country. Wasn't a fan when they were wearing leather helmets, or before OJ wore leather isotoners, but always a fan.

I have 6 years on you and a LOT of miserable years of empty promise, and yet I'm still here. I was here during Stephenson and pre-Polian, during the Bickering Bills, during the Kelly implosion in 1996, here when Hobert didn't study, here when Gregg Williams throttled the team spirit, here during the 0 for the world starts, here for MANY YEARS of crushing defeats and misery.

I HATE being lectured by people who slap me around for being skeptical because I have LIVED all of this and yet I am still here like you. Today's win should bring us together, and yet your post seems to want to keep the divide open.

Alrighty....

I don't think anyone has been arguing that we aren't going in the right direction since about 15 mins into the season. The "Debbie downers" are trying to get a grasp on how far we are. Are we just improved? Wild card contender? I never doubted we could beat any team, but there are some that we aren't as likely to beat. Will we be streaky or have consistency? What are our strengths, and do we have weaknesses that will haunt us?

KC looked like a middle of the road team. They have totally imploded. I don't think any of us expected KC to be an upper echelon team but no one expected that meltdown. Makes it tough to read what that win meant. Still - we did everything you can ask for given who was on the field.

Oakland coming across the country for an early game outside their division (which they were 2-8 outside of) was going to be a game I had penciled in as a win. Fell behind big, but came back. Team was a little two faced but handled what they needed to. Can they do it 4 quarters? How good is Oakland? Fair questions.

Pats? Big win. At home, pats missing pieces still fell behind big and fast. Worrisome trend. Got ourselves together but need to figure out our first half woes the last two weeks. Won't be a playoff contender if that keeps up. If we can hit the ground running and be more consistent it looks like we have a chance to play in January.

Cautiously optimistic is Different than Debbie Downer. Every Bills fan has the right to remain cautiously optimistic...I hoped to win against the Patriots, I felt we had a chance to beat them, but at the same time I didn't put $ on the game- "cautiously optimistic". The "debbie downers" of which I speak will find a way to credit each win as the other teams failure instead of our success.

I'm pumped about the 3-0 start, but the Bills shouldn't be taking anybody for granted. Take this thing one game at a time. They gotta focus and prepare for Cincinnati just like they focused and prepared for New England this week.

I have 6 years on you and a LOT of miserable years of empty promise, and yet I'm still here. I was here during Stephenson and pre-Polian, during the Bickering Bills, during the Kelly implosion in 1996, here when Hobert didn't study, here when Gregg Williams throttled the team spirit, here during the 0 for the world starts, here for MANY YEARS of crushing defeats and misery.

I HATE being lectured by people who slap me around for being skeptical because I have LIVED all of this and yet I am still here like you. Today's win should bring us together, and yet your post seems to want to keep the divide open.

Not looking for Division at all. I'm just calling out those who seem to want to suck any sort of optimism there is for this team. If your a real fan than we are together on this...if your a "love to hate" the Bills type of fan then we are divided (i guess until they win a superbowl...and the fairweather fans come back).

PS- not calling YOU out personally, just responding to your reply about me not being a fan for very long.

I'm troubled by the way we're playing offense - this thing of getting behind by 21 points before we wake up has got to stop before it becomes a habit. Talk about the Cardiac Kids - sheesh!

What troubles you about the way we're playing defense? The Pats are one hell of an offensive juggernaut.

We stopped them twice, picked them 4 times, and held them to a field goal.

That's about as well as a team can do against the Pats, the way Brady and Co. have been playing.

It's actually way way better than I expected us to be able to do.

I will eat my crow - I did think we could win, but only by playing mistake free, ball control offense.

I'm not troubled per say about the defense. 4int's against Brady is not a bad day at all. My concern/question was merely regarding the lack of pass rush...more specifically Merriman now vs. Merriman Pre-Season "lights out" mode.