Dan Gronkowski Cut

Astrobot

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rats, so much for picking up their game plan.

We'll have to rely on whatever Lee Smith has already provided, I guess...

(September 4, 2011) It is almost like the Buffalo Bills were just awarded another draft pick for the 2011 NFL Draft...The Bills today claimed rookie tight end Lee Smith off the waiver wire from the New England Patriots...

Smith was thought to have a solid chance to make the Patriots roster, but he failed to pass any of the outstanding rookies from the 2010 team, namely Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. Smith was drafted by New England with the 159th draft pick. He is 6'6" and weighs 269 pounds, so is a nice big target for Ryan Fitzpatrick...

The other benefit regarding adding Smith to the team, is that it is safe to assume that he has some inside knowledge about the Patriots offense that will be of extreme interest to Chan Gailey and George Edwards. Just another added benefit.

Buffalo Bills Claim TE Lee Smith off Waivers

Boston Globe - Analysis of 5th round pick (B): Marshall TE Lee Smith

Gronk was only with them for 2 weeks, since we signed Smith. My guess is that NE* is more upset - and Nix much happier - about losing Smith to the Bills than they* would be about 'Mr. Almost-Irrelevant' Dan Gronkowski.

Edited by The Senator

We'll have to rely on whatever Lee Smith has already provided, I guess...

(September 4, 2011) It is almost like the Buffalo Bills were just awarded another draft pick for the 2011 NFL Draft...The Bills today claimed rookie tight end Lee Smith off the waiver wire from the New England Patriots...

Smith was thought to have a solid chance to make the Patriots roster, but he failed to pass any of the outstanding rookies from the 2010 team, namely Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. Smith was drafted by New England with the 159th draft pick. He is 6'6" and weighs 269 pounds, so is a nice big target for Ryan Fitzpatrick...

The other benefit regarding adding Smith to the team, is that it is safe to assume that he has some inside knowledge about the Patriots offense that will be of extreme interest to Chan Gailey and George Edwards. Just another added benefit.

Buffalo Bills Claim TE Lee Smith off Waivers

Boston Globe - Analysis of 5th round pick (B): Marshall TE Lee Smith

Gronk was only with them for 2 weeks, since we signed Smith. My guess is that NE* is more upset - and Nix much happier - about losing Smith to the Bills than they* would be about 'Mr. Almost-Irrelevant' Dan Gronkowski.

Great point, I forgot about that. I'm imagining BB is pretty ticked about that now.

Haynesworth, Vollmer, Wright, Hernandez, Rob Gronkowski absent from practice.

Haynesworth wasn’t on the field because of a back injury, and with defensive tackle Myron Pryor being placed on injured reserve this week after suffering a season-ending shoulder injury, and Mike Wright (concussion) not expected to be available any time soon, DL should only be great instead of fabulous.

About the subject, Astro. How did you get this? At the time of your post, I Googled, and I couldn't find it out there anywhere.

When did the Pats DL become "fabulous"?

The Dark Master sent Smith forth from the Bright Fields of the Perennial Contender to the Frozen Tundra of Blighted Hopes as an inside spy upon the bright, bubbling Caldron of Invention that is Nailey

It remains to be seen whether Smith has in fact been "turned" by the mystical powers of The Beard and has instead, disclosed the Dark Master's ways to the Inventive One.

I say DG is good for something. Maybe a blocker, but Rob cant be the only person in the family with talent. All I gotta ask is why is this on the board? I know the bills play the pats, but wtf. Has nothing to do with the bills. They wont pick him up.

You're wondering why we might find it interesting that the team we're about to face, who is already down one very good TE, just cut their only other TE on the roster, who also happens to be from Buffalo?

The Dark Master sent Smith forth from the Bright Fields of the Perennial Contender to the Frozen Tundra of Blighted Hopes as an inside spy upon the bright, bubbling Caldron of Invention that is Nailey

It remains to be seen whether Smith has in fact been "turned" by the mystical powers of The Beard and has instead, disclosed the Dark Master's ways to the Inventive One.

Damn!

Not to offend you but I thought you were a simple idealist (which is always welcomed)… but you got some chops… serious sports fan and excellent writer.

This forum amazes me sometimes.

You're wondering why we might find it interesting that the team we're about to face, who is already down one very good TE, just cut their only other TE on the roster, who also happens to be from Buffalo?

Uhh... yeah. And actually, Chris Gronkowski is the only one of the three actually born in buffalo. Check it out. Why should we care that some worthless te is dropped by the pats just because hes from new york and his brother rob is a good te ans chris is a decent fullback?

Uhh... yeah. And actually, Chris Gronkowski is the only one of the three actually born in buffalo. Check it out. Why should we care that some worthless te is dropped by the pats just because hes from new york and his brother rob is a good te ans chris is a decent fullback?

If you weren't a useless troll, you'd know that...

1) There are 5 Gronkowski brothers, not 3, and they were all born here in Buffalo;

2) Amherst, NY is to Buffalo what Brookline, MA is to Boston.

About the subject, Astro. How did you get this? At the time of your post, I Googled, and I couldn't find it out there anywhere.

When did the Pats DL become "fabulous"?

As a robot, I can frequent Twitter 24/7, and follow some of NFL players' friends. One of Gronk's friends mentioned it first.

You are a Jedi.

If you weren't a useless troll, you'd know that...

1) There are 5 Gronkowski brothers, not 3, and they were all born here in Buffalo;

2) Amherst, NY is to Buffalo what Brookline, MA is to Boston.

I am a useless troll? Damn, you guys are a little unforgiving. Of course Amherst is basically buffalo, but its still not literally buffalo, and there are only 3 GRONKOWSKI's IN THE NFL. I knew there was more of them, I'm not an idiot. The rest of them aren't playing in the NFL as far as I know. I still don't know why this is important on a buffalo bills forum. So a local football player is cut by the team we are about to play. Who cares? He was cut for a reason. Bills wont sign him.

As a robot, I can frequent Twitter 24/7, and follow some of NFL players' friends. One of Gronk's friends mentioned it first.

Another reason I think teams hate Twitter. I can see some player tweeting about being out for the season due to injury before the team can officially announce it in the future.