Tedy Bruschi on Fitz

There was another article linking the entirety of "Bruschi's Breakdown" on NE vs Buff

I thought this snippet deserved its own thread

Tedy: You have to be ready for a shootout Sunday. Fitzpatrick is a good quarterback who is decisive. I love the way he sees it, makes the read, and delivers the ball. As a defense, you look at him and say "He's going to throw us a couple every game." So you have to take advantage of that. They may hit you in the hands, and it's whether you catch it or not that can turn the game. This is an offensive team that you want to steal possessions from. They're going to go up and down the field on this Patriots defense, but just like last week against the Chargers, those big plays will be needed on defense. Fitzpatrick is the type of quarterback, even though he has done some great things these last two weeks, who will give a defense the chance to make those plays.

Translation: Bring it, Fitz. You'll sling some picks. You'll toss them right at our DBs, and we know our D can earn points off you

Talk about damning a QB with praise. It can not be denied that last week, Fitz threw one pick and two passes that could have been picked (Campbell also had some lucky escapes).

I hope, if any is needed, this will be "bulletin board fodder" for Fitz and the Bills.

I hope Fitz takes it to heart that this is one aspect where he can really improve his game - not eliminate INTs, but decrease them to a point where a tool like Tedy can't reasonably prate about Fitz being "the type of quarterback that is going to throw the defense a couple every game"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past this was spot on. Certaonly got away with a few in raiders game. Overall I think fitz is showing some improvement early in the season. Let's hope be keeps it up.

Some luck but mainly greater awareness defensively by our WRs saved us around 3 to 4 ints thusfar.

Some luck but mainly greater awareness defensively by our WRs saved us around 3 to 4 ints thusfar.

I will admit (not happy) this to be true, but actually that is a smart way to play football. very good point. And this makes us/Fitz a Much better offense.

Outside of Brady, who never seems to throw picks, a lot of the best QBs have been high risk/high reward guys...

look at Kelly, Favre, etc. they might throw 2 or 3 picks in a game, but you also knew they could bring their team

back to win the game.

Compare that to a Trent Edwards or Rob Johnson...whose interception percentage was spectacular, but if the team got

down was there any chance they would lead a big comeback?

My heart was definitely in my throat on a few of those passes (TD to Chandler, near INT in endzone that Jones swatted away),

but this offense is starting to have that 90s Bills swagger, where you never count them out and that's due to Fitz taking those

risks. I'll take that any day over a guy who's afraid to let it fly, so we go three and out more often than not.

Edited by folz

Outside of Brady, who never seems to throw picks, a lot of the best QBs have been high risk/high reward guys...

look at Kelly, Favre, etc. they might throw 2 or 3 picks in a game, but you also knew they could bring their team

back to win the game.

Compare that to a Trent Edwards or Rob Johnson...whose interception percentage was spectacular, but if the team got

down was there any chance they would lead a big comeback?

My heart was definitely in my throat on a few of those passes (TD to Chandler, near INT in endzone that Jones swatted away),

but this offense is starting to have that 90s Bills swagger, where you never count them out and that's due to Fitz taking those

risks. I'll take that any day over a guy who's afraid to let it fly, so we go three and out more often than not.

I couldn't agree with you more man! Fitzpatrick is a risk taker that's for sure, but we are a team that needs to take risks to win. Sorry Bruschi if Our QB hasn't had the privilege to play under the same head coach and same system his whole NFL career. I think that type of security and knowledge for a system might just help a little bit. One thing is always true, There's rarely a chance to have a prime reward if you don't take any risks.

It's stuff like this that just reminds YE OLE how badly we need this one Sunday. It's a decade of Tedy Bruschi, Belichick, Brady, and everyone associated with that organization that exudes this kind of arrogance. Fitzpatrick has the ability to rip New England's secondary a new on on Sunday. We know it and they know it.