Bengals Still Keeping it Real

Stl Bills

Real Dumb that is.......don't they get it yet. This is why you have a "yes man" on your payroll. Send the weed to his house, he takes the rap if it gets intercepted by the cops....that's why he's on the payroll. When are they going to learn? They need to let me give a seminar right after Herm Edwards at the Rookie Symposium. :nana: The best part of the story is, no arrest were made as the investigation continues. How the hell do you find 6 lbs of chronic in somebody's house and not arrest anyone, must be nice to get special treatment.

http://www.cbsnews.c...n20110041.shtml

Edited by Stl Bills

Never understood what athlete's fascination with drug use is...why put yourself in that position when you have so much to lose...suspensions coming right around the corner from the nfl...you get drugs confiscated from your house and goodell could care less if they get jail time or not...

Never understood what athlete's fascination with drug use is...why put yourself in that position when you have so much to lose...suspensions coming right around the corner from the nfl...you get drugs confiscated from your house and goodell could care less if they get jail time or not...

Drug use, abuse and addiction in general are mostly a symptom of something else, recreational use aside, when there are major consequences at stake that do not deter the user from his or her use then there is usually an underlying problem.

Drug use, abuse and addiction in general are mostly a symptom of something else, recreational use aside, when there are major consequences at stake that do not deter the user from his or her use then there is usually an underlying problem.

Even recreational use is a symptom of other comorbid problems such as low self esteem. It doesn't matter that they are paid millions, if the home life is disintegrating or was horrible before they came to the NFL.

Even recreational use is a symptom of other comorbid problems such as low self esteem. It doesn't matter that they are paid millions, if the home life is disintegrating or was horrible before they came to the NFL.

Completely agree, however a recreational user should be able to stop when ultimate consequences are held over them.

He's a "marijuana addict"?

He's a "marijuana addict"?

Good point.

From the quantities and intent discussed in the report, it doesnt sound like they were going to be smoking it as much as turning a profit.

This is more about "kids" with money making bad "business" choices. They get a bunch of cash, and say "know how I can turn this $20k into $100k? I'll just call my old friends and sell some drugs". This is more bad investing than it is addiction. If theyre addicted to anything, it's money and stupidity.

I don't know what he is, not for me to say and if you're looking to argue whether or not weed is addictive I'm not going to do that. The substance is not the issue, its the behavior.

Well, you already alluded to him being a drug abuser/addict in your previous--so...

Anyway, nobody keeps nearly 9 pounds of weed around the house for getting high. It is clear from the article that they were dealing.

If anything, dudes addicted to "the life".

Well, you already alluded to him being a drug abuser/addict in your previous--so...

Anyway, nobody keeps nearly 9 pounds of weed around the house for getting high. It is clear from the article that they were dealing.

If anything, dudes addicted to "the life".

Actually my original post was directed at matter2003's post about athletes in general and their infatuation with drug use.