CJ Spiller

JPS

Here's what Gailey said-

“The thing that goes unnoticed sometimes is we had him in there on a couple of plays where two people ran out there with him,” said Gailey. “All of a sudden something else is open. So he’s having an impact beyond just touching the ball. People know he’s in there, they know where he is and what he’s capable of.”

I little fodder for those who dismissed this same assertion made around here last week. Because we all know Spiller is a bust...right?

Here's what Gailey said-

“The thing that goes unnoticed sometimes is we had him in there on a couple of plays where two people ran out there with him,” said Gailey. “All of a sudden something else is open. So he’s having an impact beyond just touching the ball. People know he’s in there, they know where he is and what he’s capable of.”

I little fodder for those who dismissed this same assertion made around here last week. Because we all know Spiller is a bust...right?

So he's our decoy receiver a la Lee Evans?

Joking aside Spiller is not a bust. He may not have met the expectations of his high draft pick, but so far this year he is looking better all around.

Here's what Gailey said-

Defense' fault keying on a guy that's not proven worthy of being focal point.

Here's what Gailey said-

He's not playing up the the position where he was drafted, but the Raiders game was the best that I've seen from him. Hopefully more better good stuff to come.

Here's what Gailey said-

Sounds like he's worth a fourth round pick!

Defense' fault keying on a guy that's not proven worthy of being focal point.

He had 6 touches ranging from 7-26 yards I think. That's the value of having many focal points. Whether that "lives up" to the 9th pick will forever be debated. But if Spiller keeps the safeties a little deeper and makes linebackers forget about David Nelson and Chandler at key times, he is very valuable to this offense.

He had 6 touches ranging from 7-26 yards I think. That's the value of having many focal points. Whether that "lives up" to the 9th pick will forever be debated. But if Spiller keeps the safeties a little deeper and makes linebackers forget about David Nelson and Chandler at key times, he is very valuable to this offense.

I'm just saying raiders defender made a bad judgement call keying on a guy who wasn't likely the primary target with the game on the line. Thankfully

I'm just saying raiders defender made a bad judgement call keying on a guy who wasn't likely the primary target with the game on the line. Thankfully

I hear you. The nice thing about Fitz appears to be that Spiller could be the primary target if he was open. QB's in the past seemingly couldn't see the field.

In a 4th and 1 that swing pass, which he picked up big yardage on earlier in the game, probably made him the primary target.

With Roscoe out, I'd like to see CJ used a lot in 4/5 WR sets. Put him in motion, do some reverses, fake reverses, and WR screens with him. I think he'll be better and more effective then Roscoe ever was. I'm thinking he could be the X factor this week against NE. BILLS!

Edited by bobshaw81

it's kinda hard to break into the lineup as a running back with Jackson leading the league in rushing.

That pretty much boils it right down.

Granted he seemed to run into his blockers or run backwards last year. This year he's usually moving, and in the right direction.

With Roscoe out, I'd like to see CJ used a lot in 4/5 WR sets. Put him in motion, do some reverses, fake reverses, and WR screens with him. I think he'll be better and more effective then Roscoe ever was. I'm thinking he could be the X factor this week against NE. BILLS!

This is what needs to happen.