Spiller to see more time at wideout

Jdragon2

They're guessing based on the loss of Parrish. I truly don't see it. CJ is becoming a better and better runningback. He and Freddie make a great 1-2 punch.

Or he could be lined-up in the backfield with Freddie and motioned to WR, a la the "Wild Bill" formation I was proposing using Brad Smith instead of one of the RB's.

He's lined up at wide out already quite a bit this year it seems. I even remember a few times when Fred and CJ lined up next to each other at wide out. I think there is a good possibility he will get more reps there and what it comes down to is the fact he is turning into a play maker. You have to have play makers on the field as much as you can so get him out there as much as possible without taking FJ of the field.

Getting CJ more snaps at slot receiver or wide receiver is a reasonable assumption and actually a move that many posters here have suggested as a way to get Spiller a more defined niche in this offense.

The real crux of the PFT post however is how many believe that Florio has a contact or more within One Bills Drive.

I believe he does.

I am sure he will get more playing time in general and probably more time at wideout. Maybe it's just me, but he seems to look bigger and stronger than I remember him looking last year - This year may be his coming out party, which would be awesome! If he gets hot, our "O" will have another weapon.

He's lined up at wide out already quite a bit this year it seems. I even remember a few times when Fred and CJ lined up next to each other at wide out. I think there is a good possibility he will get more reps there and what it comes down to is the fact he is turning into a play maker. You have to have play makers on the field as much as you can so get him out there as much as possible without taking FJ of the field.

This

They're guessing based on the loss of Parrish. I truly don't see it. CJ is becoming a better and better runningback. He and Freddie make a great 1-2 punch.

He anfj both have spilt out on certain plays. I see this "announcement" as nothing more than a speculation that Spiller may split out more often. I fail to see how this is much of a change. I see it as a positive if the Bills can get Spiller the ball in space he is more likely to make plays. Not arguing that he hasn't improved as a rb just saying he is a weapon and I applaud Gailey for being creative in an effort to get him more touches.

Freddie has also doubled as a great lead blocker for CJ.

Having those two on the field at the same time gives us the potential for FOUR different receiver sets, depending on the defense:

Three wide, split back

Three wide, double back (offset or power I)

Four wide, single back

Five wide

Doesn't really let the defense dictate much, does it.