Stevie and Bills $2M apart

CBD

WGR Sports Radio 550 has learned through a league source that after exchanging contract proposals from one side to the other, the Bills and Johnson are $2 million per year apart in talks at this point in time.

The exact number being offered to Johnson by the Bills isn't known to this point, but the source said the difference between the organization's offer and the counterproposal made to Buffalo is $2 million per season.

http://wgr550.com/Source--Bills-and-WR-Johnson--2-Million-Apart/10974301

Edited by Carey Bender

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually better shape than I thought these negotiations would be in.

If true, are the Bills offering $5mil and he's asking for $7mil? Maybe it's $6mil vs $8mil?

I'm thinking more 7 v 9 or 8 v 10.

If the Bills came to TSW and learned that Stevie was way better than Lee Evans who the Bills paid 9 million to, they would have to start the negotiations by offering over 14-15 mil per year. ;)

I'm thinking more 7 v 9 or 8 v 10.

If the Bills came to TSW and learned that Stevie was way better than Lee Evans who the Bills paid 9 million to, they would have to start the negotiations by offering over 14-15 mil per year. ;)

That's my guess. 4 years and we are closer to 30 and he's closer to 40

He's not Larry Fitzgerald. I'd be surprised if the Bills go higher than $5-6m per yr

Your right, he's not.

Larry got 8 yr 120mil

I said 4 year 30-40 as where I think the talks are

Larry is 15m per, mine was between 8-10 given the talks of a gap of 2m. I think you need to look at who has signed 5m deals lately. They aren't clearcut #1 on their team. I think these talks are mid range up and coming #1 WR talks.

The Bills paid Evans 9m per yr. He's better than Evans, right?

He is potentially better than Lee, but I'd like to see him prove it.

Also, that was a terrible overpayment for Lee. I don't think we should make the same mistake twice.

Your right, he's not.

Larry got 8 yr 120mil

I said 4 year 30-40 as where I think the talks are

Larry is 15m per, mine was between 8-10 given the talks of a gap of 2m. I think you need to look at who has signed 5m deals lately. They aren't clearcut #1 on their team. I think these talks are mid range up and coming #1 WR talks.

Very good point. The market for a solid #1 receiver is probably closer to $8m. I honestly don't care what they pay him, I'll just be glad they sign him longterm.

Now can all the rollercoasters please stop crying "Ralph is cheap" and "we don't re-sign players".

I think you're being a bit premature there, Mike.

I've seen numerous times in 42 years of following this team that Ralph WAS cheap.

We shall see what, if any, wisdom he's managed to accumulate.

Remember Ralph recently said that he's finally learned that it's best "to have a scout ... a football guy, as your general manager."

Until a few extensions are given to deserving players, Ralph hasn't proven anything to me.