BIG PAT WILLIAMS

coseybedaman

Hey Guys, Sorry if someone posted this already and I didnt see it. What do you guys think about the slim possibility of bringing Pat Williams back to Buffalo. Id say for sure he would be a nice run stopper to add into the defensive front occasionally. Obviously Troup is either a bust or a project, and either way I think we would benefit quite a bit from Pat. He has a lot of play left in my opinion. He has always been the underdog, and Id figure if anyone has the inside track on signing him at the very least he is familiar with our team. Especially being 2-0 we look a little more attractive than normal. Any thoughts?

You already answered your question. ;)

Hey Guys, Sorry if someone posted this already and I didnt see it. What do you guys think about the slim possibility of bringing Pat Williams back to Buffalo. Id say for sure he would be a nice run stopper to add into the defensive front occasionally. Obviously Troup is either a bust or a project, and either way I think we would benefit quite a bit from Pat. He has a lot of play left in my opinion. He has always been the underdog, and Id figure if anyone has the inside track on signing him at the very least he is familiar with our team. Especially being 2-0 we look a little more attractive than normal. Any thoughts?

no

We lost Pat Williams because of Gregg Williams - he didn't like fat guys!! Y'know the ones who make it impossible to run the ball. Remember what he said when a reporter asked him why he was making soooo many changes to the previous year's #2 defense in the NFL? He asked rhetorically "who ran the #1 defense in the league?" I knew then we were in trouble - and maybe just now we are starting to come out of our slumber!!

Maybe G-Williams was a nice guy. I don't know. But he wasn't emotionally ready to be a head coach. Yeah he had a file on every guy in the league, blah, blah, blah, but when you do what he did to our team, it was obvious he wasn't ready.

Just a minor correction - the Bills had been #3, not #2 the previous year...

...and a major correction - it wasn't a reporter - it was Phil Hansen who asked him why the hell he was changing everything on the #3 defense in the league. Even more ridiculous - just one year earlier, the Bills and their 3-4 were the #1 defense in the NFL, and Greggie's Titans were only around #10.

Gregg Williams was easily the biggest jerk and fool the Bills have had coaching them - and that's actually really saying something. I root for the other team's offense every game he's involved with.

Edited by BobChalmers

***************SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH****************

Why did we have to lose Pat Williams in the first place???? Big Pat was so beast when he was here...

I know there's a lot of revisionist history here. But if I recall correctly, PW left over money. I think we offered something pretty good, but he got a couple more mill from the Vikes. So much for the hometown discount....

I know there's a lot of revisionist history here. But if I recall correctly, PW left over money. I think we offered something pretty good, but he got a couple more mill from the Vikes. So much for the hometown discount....

As I remember it, Pat wanted to stay in Buffalo, but the Bills didn't end up offering him a contract at all. :wallbash:

Notice I'm not starting threads suggesting they sign me...

Erik Flowers owns and operates a Marble Slab Creamery in Boerne Texas.

Next stop: Dancing with the stars!

***************SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH****************

Why did we have to lose Pat Williams in the first place???? Big Pat was so beast when he was here...

McCargo was ready to step in and fill the void.. By the way, he's a free agent right now

:oops: