Donald Jones saved game

JPS

Didn't see it discussed elsewhere, but that win doesn't happen if Jones doesn't swat that ball out of DB's hands in the endzone. Props to Jones for staying with the play and bailing out Fitz.

Also, agree with poster in another thread who suggested Parrish and Martin go away and bring in Roosevelt and Aiken. I kinda like our young receiving corps.

Didn't see it discussed elsewhere, but that win doesn't happen if Jones doesn't swat that ball out of DB's hands in the endzone. Props to Jones for staying with the play and bailing out Fitz.

I really like the way the receivers are developing - coming back on the ball, and playing defense when they have to. Kelly woulda had a lot more picks on him if his receivers didn't play defense at need.

They really play different positions and run different routes, for the most part. Nelson is excellent right where he is in the slot as the #4 WR (which doesn't mean he is the fourth best). He's a match-up nightmare, runs great routes and had Fitz's confidence. There is zero reason to mess with this. Jones is more of an outside guy. He needs to make more plays but he made at least three huge ones today, even without getting great stats. When we play so many 4 WR sets, Nelson gets the second most looks on this team. With him and Chandler working the middle of the field, it helps the outside guys a lot.

The Donald did great, the clutch catch and then the slap out :thumbsup: !! He won us the game by making those plays. When we go 4 wide with a rb in the slot too, we have a match up nightmare. I to think Roosie and aikens should be put on the roster and drop Martin like a pass from Fitz right in his hands :oops:

This team has about a half dozen, maybe more, guys who are flat our "ballers". They may not have gone to the big name colleges, they may not have had amazing combine numbers but the boys can flat out play.

The play Jones made in the endzone is an example of a guy who doesn't have the "numbers" but can flat out play the game!

Have to ask... does Lee Evans make that play?

[ducking]

:lol:

I came in to post this exact thread with your exact comment. Yesterday at the post game tailgate, I offered the opinion that Lee Evans would NOT make that play because Lee was not known for fighting for the ball. Either it was thrown to him or he was a passive observer.

DJ made an outstanding play on that ball. I don't know if it was his instinct or the WR coach that got into his head, but that's the definition of a game saving play.

Also, agree with poster in another thread who suggested Parrish and Martin go away and bring in Roosevelt and Aiken. I kinda like our young receiving corps.

Yes it was a great play, but he also cost the Bills a potential TD in the first half with penalty for a crack back block which killed a drive and changed the momentum of the whole first half.