Mike Jasper, RT

Choose All That Apply  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What's the real gouge on Mike Jasper switch to OL

• Chix and Nailey planned this all along.
    • He bombed as potential NFL NT, last chance
    • A sign of desperation on the OL for the Bills

I vote none of the above. If he "bombed" so bad then why did they add him to the PS? There is no cover up of failure here. They didn't have time to work with Jasper as an O-line project during camp when they are evaluating other players. Now that he is on PS the Bills have the luxury of working him out. If there were OTAs this year I bet this would have happened sooner.

PTR

Translation: "At least I can keep my #69 jersey a while longer." B-)

I had a hunch this would happen, and I'm all for it. Once I saw how Heard had progresee, I started thinking that there's just not enough room for him on our DL. Once I saw him getting pancaked by 2nd and 3rd stringers, I realized DT may not he his best option. Good luck big man. I'm rooting for ya

To me it seems really odd that they are trying to move him to OT. He is huge, but doesn't have the "desired" height and wingspan of a tackle. The guy is massive, and looks more like a guard type...plus he's played guard. Doesn't it make a whole heck of a lot more sense to try him there?

Its desperation but I had to think that they had Jasper at least look at and familiarize himself with the offensive playbook. I do think that this is just basically throw **** up and see if it works or not. But hey its really a no loss proposition he is a practice squad project why not have him as a project on the offensive line where we need more help?

I had a hunch this would happen, and I'm all for it. Once I saw how Heard had progresee, I started thinking that there's just not enough room for him on our DL. Once I saw him getting pancaked by 2nd and 3rd stringers, I realized DT may not he his best option. Good luck big man. I'm rooting for ya

Honestly I never thought Jasper would make the team as a DT, at least not this year. But I also didn't expect Heard to look so freaking good in the pre-season. Glad he made the team.

We have real depth on our d-line, Johnson, Heard, Carrington, and Troup backing up Williams Dareus and Edwards?....Sounds good to me. Talk about going weakness to strength...

Plus, those guys are freaking huge...Ironically our starting NT might be the smallest guy on our D-line roster.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I vote none of the above. If he "bombed" so bad then why did they add him to the PS? There is no cover up of failure here. They didn't have time to work with Jasper as an O-line project during camp when they are evaluating other players. Now that he is on PS the Bills have the luxury of working him out. If there were OTAs this year I bet this would have happened sooner.

PTR

Yep. There's a reason why Jason Peters remained a TE until the final cuts - he would've been too raw as an OL, but not raw enough where another team wouldn't have realized his potential. Peters wasn't ready to step in, even as a RT, but there's always a team out there in worst shape. A team that would be willing to invest the time if a project shows great potential. This is why I believe Jasper was hidden at the DT position. He showed next to nothing, yet made it to the final cuts AND the practice squad. I have to believe the coaching staff saw his potential as an OL much earlier than a few days ago...

Honestly I never thought Jasper would make the team as a DT, at least not this year. But I also didn't expect Heard to look so freaking good in the pre-season. Glad he made the team.

We have real depth on our d-line, Johnson, Heard, Carrington, and Troup backing up Williams Dareus and Edwards?....Sounds good to me. Talk about going weakness to strength...

Plus, those guys are freaking huge...Ironically our starting NT might be the smallest guy on our D-line roster.

I seem to seldom agree with Turbo but he's right on all accounts here. A one year turnaround on the DL....and the little guy us our NT!