Game preview from a Chiefs homer

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny that the stache doesn't get mentioned on defense for the coaching...I mean the guy is basically our DC.

Him not addressing the Cassel injury is inexcusable.

Well he does mention George Edwards - then proceeds to say he doesn't know much about him. LOL. Ignorant, but at least honest about it.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/4/2403987/week-one-match-up-buffalo-bills

How serious can you take a game preview when Brad Smith and the Bills new Wildcat potential is not even mentioned?

PTR

The wildcat has always been overrated IMO. Except for when Miami sprung it on New England a few years back(I think it was Ronnie Brown running it), I can't remember the wildcat ever having a huge impact on a NFL game.

On a whole series of yahoo fan websites this is a fanpost talking about his team. It is not very good because he isn't a professional and it is not that surprising. The quality of each teams site varies with what people interested in their teams put into it. The Bflo Rumblings site sometimes has some good insight and fans who watch tape over and over and try to give analysis and some of the posters there are decent. But on the whole it is a football board just like this one. Actually it isn't just like this one in many ways and one of them being that there is less negativity there IMO. I have to add though mocking someones effort there is just like mocking someone on here's effort, I am not sure what the point of it is. :rolleyes:

gailey talked about the point of the wildcat before

it's not that it is some amazing weapon

it is that opponents have a finite amount of time during the week to prepare, and if they have to spend an extra few hours worrying about the wildcat it just takes that much away from their normal preperation and gameplanning

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/4/2403987/week-one-match-up-buffalo-bills

How serious can you take a game preview when Brad Smith and the Bills new Wildcat potential is not even mentioned?

PTR

Huh? I'd take anything that does NOT mention the wildcat more seriously than anything that does. It was novel when Miami did it a couple of years ago. It's worn, gimmicky, and predictable now (how often does the Q actually throw out of the wildcat--10% of the time?). I'd greatly prefer direct snaps to the RB (with the Q in the shotgun or pistol), or anyone lining up in the RB spot (even if Smith) to some sort of "hey! we're all 2008 now!" wildcat gimmicks.

EDIT: The article has more obvious flaws, too. Cassel is more of a proven leader than Fitz? Just how? A tie on special teams? Praise of the Bills' DBs followed by dismissal of the same said group? And you focused on the lack of respect for the wildcat?

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Huh? I'd take anything that does NOT mention the wildcat more seriously than anything that does. It was novel when Miami did it a couple of years ago. It's worn, gimmicky, and predictable now (how often does the Q actually throw out of the wildcat--10% of the time?). I'd greatly prefer direct snaps to the RB (with the Q in the shotgun or pistol), or anyone lining up in the RB spot (even if Smith) to some sort of "hey! we're all 2008 now!" wildcat gimmicks.

I think that will be the point of their version of the wildcat and why Brad Smith is working with the QBs in practice. Chan has shown in the past he can be very creative with Wildcat plays (Thigpen reception for a TD in 2008). It's been said many times that the wrinkle that teams that use the wildcat need was an actual pass threat.

I think that will be the point of their version of the wildcat and why Brad Smith is working with the QBs in practice. Chan has shown in the past he can be very creative with Wildcat plays (Thigpen reception for a TD in 2008). It's been said many times that the wrinkle that teams that use the wildcat need was an actual pass threat.

Hey, I hope you're right--I really do--but it's still Brad Smith.

(Yes, I did pick Smith late in my fantasy league just in case this comes to something. No, I don't consider a blogger's failure to mention it to be monumental.)

Only a Bills homer would predict a Bills victory against the Chiefs.

Both teams have relatively few changes, but one team was a playoff team and one team very much wasn't. On paper, it's easy to take the Chiefs.

I think we'll give them a game, and barring any stupidity on our part, will take the win.

Only a Bills homer would predict a Bills victory against the Chiefs.

Both teams have relatively few changes, but one team was a playoff team and one team very much wasn't. On paper, it's easy to take the Chiefs.

I think we'll give them a game, and barring any stupidity on our part, will take the win.

It's a very winnable game. Not sayin' the Bills will do it, but it certainly is winnable. The Chiefs were a playoff team because they play in a crap division. And even during that playoff year, they scraped past the Bills on the very last play of OT--also at Arrowhead. That was after a Succop miss and a Lindell miss (on a wienie timeout), and narrowly avoided a tie. The Bills have become slightly better since then, but I'm not sure the Chiefs can say the same.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

It's a very winnable game. Not sayin' the Bills will do it, but it certainly is winnable. The Chiefs were a playoff team because they play in a crap division. And even during that playoff year, they scraped past the Bills on the very last play of OT--also at Arrowhead. That was after a Succop miss and a Lindell miss (on a wienie timeout), and narrowly avoided a tie. The Bills have become slightly better since then, but I'm not sure the Chiefs can say the same.

I hope that's true.. but imo, it's too early to claim that.

We all thought the same thing last year, and then had a worse record. :(

Bills 72, Chiefs 2.

What if the Bills get stranded in a snow storm and only Gailey shows up? Gailey 17, Chiefs 14, a late Gailey field goal, Gailey just gets by. :lol:

The late, great Phil Ranallo would be proud. To this day I miss his Sunday Courier Express prediction of the Bills games.

Nice touch to hold KC to a safety. It will be a deliberate safety with Moorman running out of the end zone to end the game.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9