• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marques Sullivan

Trey Teague

Bill Connaty(sp?)

Brad Butler

We should do this for every football unit--- Receivers/D-line/Linebackers/Corners/Safeties... It would be interesting

Glenn Parker

John Fina

Mike Devlin

Corey Louchiey

Tom Nutten

Marcus Spriggs

Victor Allotey

Marques Sullivan

Jonas Jennings

Mike Pucillo

Mike Williams

Dylan McFarland

Duke Preston

Terrance Pennington

I think that it is safe to say that I pay as much attention to blockers as much as anyone in the history of this board. The absolute worst player I have seen on this consistently sickening unit was Greg Jerman. In fact, he really might have been the worst player in the history of the NFL, and the Bills actually had him lined up for a few games at Left Tackle.

This poor bastard was small, weak, slow, and had no balance and awful footing. He would get shoved to the turf, stomped, and the qb would get absolutely crushed from the blindside. On runs, he couldn't block a soul. He was so bad that as angry as I have been through the years about the Bills neglect of the OL, I remember feeling sorry for this particular player. I explored the possibility that I was being too harsh, but my thoughts were confirmed by Badolbilz, Lori and R.Rich. And these are people who I consider actual football experts and defer to in terms of their knowledge about the Bills.

The players who made me the most angry were Ostroski and Spriggs. Ostroski sucked. He couldn't get out of his stance until after pass rushers were by him. He WAS strong, but it made no difference. He completely sucked at every phase of the game. Slow, no balance, just terrible. So what happened? He played out his option and got a big raise! :wallbash: He even demanded to be switched from OG to center, where he was simply awful and wound up getting cut in one of the better moves by TD.

Spriggs? He made me the sickest of all. In a game against Tampa (we lost 3 or 4 players that game), a defender hit RJ a couple of seconds after he threw. RJ was laying on the field bleeding. Spriggs was right there and not only did he not retaliate, he walked away from RJ and didn't even lend a hand to pick him up. He had no talent nor any desire. He was completely worthless and yes, he too lined up at left tackle.

One last thing.....Corey Hulsey was flat out awful. But, he was a man, and a great teammate. He too was small and slow, but if a player roughed our qb, he would attack him even if outweighed by 40 pounds or so. Corey, if you are out there, thanks for being a tough guy and backing up your qb and your football team!!!

Sorry to ramble folks. I DO devote way too much time th ths s*#t.

I think that it is safe to say that I pay as much attention to blockers as much as anyone in the history of this board. The absolute worst player I have seen on this consistently sickening unit was Greg Jerman. In fact, he really might have been the worst player in the history of the NFL, and the Bills actually had him lined up for a few games at Left Tackle.

This poor bastard was small, weak, slow, and had no balance and awful footing. He would get shoved to the turf, stomped, and the qb would get absolutely crushed from the blindside. On runs, he couldn't block a soul. He was so bad that as angry as I have been through the years about the Bills neglect of the OL, I remember feeling sorry for this particular player. I explored the possibility that I was being too harsh, but my thoughts were confirmed by Badolbilz, Lori and R.Rich. And these are people who I consider actual football experts and defer to in terms of their knowledge about the Bills.

The players who made me the most angry were Ostroski and Spriggs. Ostroski sucked. He couldn't get out of his stance until after pass rushers were by him. He WAS strong, but it made no difference. He completely sucked at every phase of the game. Slow, no balance, just terrible. So what happened? He played out his option and got a big raise! :wallbash: He even demanded to be switched from OG to center, where he was simply awful and wound up getting cut in one of the better moves by TD.

Spriggs? He made me the sickest of all. In a game against Tampa (we lost 3 or 4 players that game), a defender hit RJ a couple of seconds after he threw. RJ was laying on the field bleeding. Spriggs was right there and not only did he not retaliate, he walked away from RJ and didn't even lend a hand to pick him up. He had no talent nor any desire. He was completely worthless and yes, he too lined up at left tackle.

One last thing.....Corey Hulsey was flat out awful. But, he was a man, and a great teammate. He too was small and slow, but if a player roughed our qb, he would attack him even if outweighed by 40 pounds or so. Corey, if you are out there, thanks for being a tough guy and backing up your qb and your football team!!!

Sorry to ramble folks. I DO devote way too much time th ths s*#t.

I know you're on a roll, Bill, but Hulsey was listed at 325 lbs...

EDIT: found a link...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HulsCo20.htm

Edited by thebandit27

Mitch Frerotte! RIP - didnt' he hit Joe Theismann once over a motorcyle!

Wow, serendipity strikes! I just came across his name earlier today while looking up the rules on 'tackle-eligible' - apparently Frerotte holds the record for TDs in a season (3) by an offensive lineman...

Buffalo Bills' offensive tackle, Mitch Frerotte made a name for himself in 1992 by scoring 3 times in one season (twice on tackle-eligible plays), the best single season ever for an offensive lineman. (link)

I did not know about the motorcycle incident...

He was a well-known Harley-Davidson enthusiast, who once threatened ESPN's Joe Theismann with bodily harm after he mounted Frerotte's motorcycle without permission.

Now I like him even more! B-)

Edited by The Senator

George Flint. Filled in at guard for an AFL championship game. I think his playing weight was around 235.

I remember him...very good lineman..of course Billy Shaw was the other gaurd and one of the only (or only) player in the hall of fame never to play in the National Football League. I think that's right but KRC will correct me if I'm wrong....