Chief OL

ganesh

The Chiefs are going to come out throwing the ball, mark my words. The will anticipate that the Bills will start out hyped up and overcommitted to stopping the run, so they're going to try and make a few big plays passing the ball and then turn to the running game once the defense is off balance.

I disagree. I think KC will try to exploit the Bills run defense first until we stop them. I don't think there's any need to overthink it for them. If we stop the run then we'll see.

I disagree. I think KC will try to exploit the Bills run defense first until we stop them. I don't think there's any need to overthink it for them. If we stop the run then we'll see.

The Chiefs will do what our defense dictates. If we start with 8 in the box they throw, if we play standard 7 they'll feed Charles more often than not. I said before in an earlier post, we will beat these guys if we can get pressure with 4, and we have a good front four starting tomorrow.

Better yet, KC will beat themselves. I think we are a better coached club. And our defense lineup is experienced this year. Dwan, Kyle Merriman, kelsay, Andra Davis, Barnett, Wilson, McGee. Dareus is the only inexperienced guy here, and he's not playing a mentally complex position.

These guys will be tough for KC to fool, they're not going to score more than 20 on us.

I cant wait for this freakin football game.

Their OL is in worse shape than ours. They have no choice but to run the ball. If they try to come out passing, Merriman, Williams, Dareus and Edwards will make them look real bad. The game has all the makings of a blow out. They lost their top TE who was very much Cassel's safety valve in the passing game last year.

They will run the ball to keep the game close or they will be destroyed. Even if they run the ball, I still can't imagine them winning. This game will be won in the trenches and I think we have the edge with our revamped defense.

They also looked very weak defending the run in preseason and if we get our own run game going and set up for the pass, this game won't even be close. They have a good pass rush, but aside from that, I think they have a mediocre team all around.

Their OL is in worse shape than ours. They have no choice but to run the ball. If they try to come out passing, Merriman, Williams, Dareus and Edwards will make them look real bad. The game has all the makings of a blow out. They lost their top TE who was very much Cassel's safety valve in the passing game last year.

They will run the ball to keep the game close or they will be destroyed. Even if they run the ball, I still can't imagine them winning. This game will be won in the trenches and I think we have the edge with our revamped defense.

They also looked very weak defending the run in preseason and if we get our own run game going and set up for the pass, this game won't even be close. They have a good pass rush, but aside from that, I think they have a mediocre team all around.

:thumbsup:

I dont get it only 3 reserve O-line for 5 positions but the D-line has 4 reserve players for 3 positions!! I sure hope we will have a couple O-line on the practice squad!! It would suck to pull guys off the street mid-season and try to teach them the system is 3-4 days.

Each teams roster is different based on the relative talent at each position but in general todays teams dress more DL because defenses play their DL in waves. Many teams rotate the DL very other or every 3rd series. This is especially true in Spetember and October when it is still warm. A 3-4 team will easily play 6 lineman if they can. If you have the depth to do it your best lineman are fresh for the 4th quarter.

OL is much different. So much of the success depends on timing, split second reads, and simply knowing what the guy next to you is going to do. Talent aside, one key to a good OL is keeping the unit together for a long time.

Last year they used lots of two and even some three TE sets (on this year's roster they carry only two due to TMs injury). They also have two big blocking backs. I expect them to run the ball tomorrow, lots.

I hope people's expectations of our run D are tempered. Charles can have 100 yards, and we might still be effective stopping the run (eg, if we force him to carry it 30 times for those 100 yards).

I hope people's expectations of our run D are tempered. Charles can have 100 yards, and we might still be effective stopping the run (eg, if we force him to carry it 30 times for those 100 yards).

If we hold them to 120 total rushing yards or less (however you parce them out), we can reasonably expect to beat them IMO.

The Chiefs will do what our defense dictates. If we start with 8 in the box they throw, if we play standard 7 they'll feed Charles more often than not. I said before in an earlier post, we will beat these guys if we can get pressure with 4, and we have a good front four starting tomorrow.

Better yet, KC will beat themselves. I think we are a better coached club. And our defense lineup is experienced this year. Dwan, Kyle Merriman, kelsay, Andra Davis, Barnett, Wilson, McGee. Dareus is the only inexperienced guy here, and he's not playing a mentally complex position.

These guys will be tough for KC to fool, they're not going to score more than 20 on us.

I cant wait for this freakin football game.

I think they'll run against 8 in the box to see if we can stop them.

I didn't watch all their games last year, but you don't get to be the #1 rushing offense by not running against 8 in the box. And with us being so poor last year I'm sure KC is going to make us prove we can stop the run. If we can't they'll keep it going until we do, especially with Cassel having sore ribs. I'm assuming with our front 7 being improved we will be able to slow them down some and give our offense some better field position to work with. Hopefully we'll beat them by a score or two if we can hold onto the ball.