Cut most shocking to you

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that so many are surprised that we kept Ruvell Martin instead of Roosevelt.

I like Naaman, too. But he's not very fast. Pack fans say Martin is a good team player and good backup WR - and he has better speed than NR. Roosevelt had steep competition for that last roster spot.

I'm hoping Roosevelt and Jasper both find homes on our Practice Squad.

These are really good points. I haven't been much impressed with Martin as a WR. But he's a big, tall, relatively fast guy.

I could readily believe he might have shown himself a better special teamer than Naaman, and that ST play might win out over WR quality for the #6.

Kelly's points are accurate IMO. Roster building has a lot to do with how all the parts fit together and isn't always about the individual… it's probably a little of both in most cases.

The ability to play ST is pretty important especially when they are going to dress only 46 for the game. Also, while Roosvelt did well in camp, he did not show himself in the pre-season games.

The real shock is that the rumor from OBD regarding McGee was unfounded...I thought everything being done being OBD was to slash salaries.

I noticed that Martin looked real good on coverage and he was pretty impressive in his interview. Seems like a real sharp guy.

Naaman got dinged at a bad time and he was not a standout on" teams" so I agree with you that these things were the tipping point as to his fate.

The other aspect of Martin over Roosevelt is the Nix tendency towards larger receivers. This is something that continues to be prevalent in San Diego from whence Nix came. Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Legedu Nanee, Seji Ajirotutu… all big tall receivers. I believe this is a philosophy that both AJ Smith and Buddy Nix share.

I felt very badly for Antonio Coleman. He played his heart out against Detroit and had a great game. His comments after the game were very poignant… he talked about accepting his fate with grace and not being bitter but in fact, saying that whatever the decision, that he will always be grateful to the Bills for giving him the opportunity. As I listened to his interview, I recalled how he was running a free football camp for underprivileged kids at about the same time another NFL star was catching a lot of heat for using his name at football camps without actually showing up… duping customers basically. Coleman seems like a guy from a tough background who really has good character. His words seemed very sincere.

I think Coleman has a future in the NFL and I think a lot of us will be pulling for him.

I'm with the Hangman vote here. I don't see why he was the most expendable of the remaining lineman. I am keen on seeing Colin Brown now that he was picked over Geoff. Seems I'm not in the minority when I say he wasn't on my radar when I looked at the training camp roster.

jasper is a fat useless cow

there is a reason there are no 400 pounders in the nfl

he didn't play well

hangartner was surprising, i would have assumed he could be a valuable reserve but i guess they felt the kid has more upside and also they probably didn't want to pay hangartner's contract

I'm going with Shawn Nelson. Gifted athlete that could never get on the field.

Not upset at the cut, totally understandable. However it's always been a position of need and I thought he was the answer when we drafted him, shame it didn't work out.

Honestly? None.

This team has tremendous shortcomings on the offensive line and quality WR depth.

Any quality 3-4 front seven guys, particularly DE's would be nice too.

I'm still in amazement over the Lee Evans trade, but I don't want to drift to far from the original post.

I'm hoping one of the cap strapped NFL franchises were forced to cut a quality player that will help improve the Bills depth.

Such as Andre Gurode or Igor Olshansky from the Cowboys.

Word is Hang's play has declined. I am willing to give Brown a chance. I'm think the most disappointing cut besides Jasper is Coleman. But If Jasper and Coleman both make the p.s. I won't care at all.

Also, since Hang is a backup, may be there are giving this veteran a chance to hook on with another team where he may be able to start.

Honestly? None.

This team has tremendous shortcomings on the offensive line and quality WR depth.

Any quality 3-4 front seven guys, particularly DE's would be nice too.

I'm still in amazement over the Lee Evans trade, but I don't want to drift to far from the original post.

I'm hoping one of the cap strapped NFL franchises were forced to cut a quality player that will help improve the Bills depth.

Such as Andre Gurode or Igor Olshansky from the Cowboys.

The problem is that these "Quality" stars want to go play for a team for One year, where they can likely get a super bowl ring. For example, Gurode is planning to visit the Patriots as they have shortcomings on the OL. The only chance for Gurode to come to Buffalo is if the Bills are willing to overpay for his services like a 7M year contract.

I think this team is set on the DL front with Williams, Dareus, Spencer Johnson, and Edwards with Carrington likely to rotate both at OLB and DE.

I am more worried about the secondary.

I am upset that they kept Thigpen & released Brown. Clearly Thigpen was outplayed by Brown in preseaon and Thigpen is not even close to being a quality NFL QB. If Fitz goes down & Thigpen is our guy, I'm not even sure I can watch.

Same here...Thigpen looked awful. Levi has shown some signs of growth and I think he deserved to stick. It wouldn't surprise me if Levi ends up having a career similar to Todd Collins...a career backup, but one who is steady enough of a player to retain value over the years.