Not holding my breath, NGU

there certainly is a lot to it, take it from the beginning if ya like, lots of unanswered questions.

was spiller drafted to get rid of lynch or was lynch dumped because spiller was drafted? why didn't they trade him sooner? any truth to the report that they didn't bother to shop him before giving him away to the hawks - when the saints (and probably others) were ready to pay more if they got a call?

Lynch's reputation was well known. Unlikely people were lining up with high round draft picks for him.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not the way it happens Kelly. Littman does not need Overdorf to make a list for him.

Thanks for all of this information. I really do appreciate it greatly.

Let me ask this question: Do you know first hand, for a fact, how this entire specific Evans trade went down -- and are you willing to put your name and reputation here on the line for it? You were privy to the machinations involved in this particular deal, and you know for a fact that Overdorf had nothing to do with the decision...

OR...

Are you just saying that this is the way it works in the Bills front office. This is who does what, and can do what, but you were not there, and you have not heard specifically the elements of this particular incident involving the Bills trade of Lee Evans to Baltimore.

Man, you are REALLY stretching things trying to make your point.

Actually, I am trying to get some more information. And the couple questions I asked him to get to that point got us a huge amount of information, in case you missed it.

Thanks for all of this information. I really do appreciate it greatly.

Let me ask this question: Do you know first hand, for a fact, how this entire specific Evans trade went down -- and are you willing to put your name and reputation here on the line for it? You were privy to the machinations involved in this particular deal, and you know for a fact that Overdorf had nothing to do with the decision...

OR...

Are you just saying that this is the way it works in the Bills front office. This is who does what, and can do what, but you were not there, and you have not heard specifically the elements of this particular incident involving the Bills trade of Lee Evans to Baltimore.

C'mon man. You are really sounding desperate. You don't have to believe anything I say. I try to pass along some info here and there. If you don't want it, no problem.

Lynch's reputation was well known. Unlikely people were lining up with high round draft picks for him.

it's not about the result, it's about the attempt (or lack their of if you believe the rumors) - the report was the bills didn't even try to maxmize their return and i believe it based on how inept this front office has performed

C'mon man. You are really sounding desperate. You don't have to believe anything I say. I try to pass along some info here and there. If you don't want it, no problem.

I guess that speaks volumes.

I am happy and much obliged that you provided all that you did, and I mean it sincerely. I believe the vast majority of what you say, which puts you right at the top of all the people I know. ;) But you chose not to answer that question, when you for the most part answered all others, and I am an opinionated person, as are you.

jw is the only one who is in the position to answer this question. He has demurred.

My uninformed speculation is that JW feels it is not appropriate to "report further" on a published article via an Internet forum. If I was the AP, I would not encourage reporters to post stories officially, then add more to the story via unofficial channels. I do not pretend to understand the distinction but there must be some line between his usual participation and this question, which he is unwilling to cross. I think we (as a board) should leave it alone even though we are curious.

I guess that speaks volumes.

I am happy and much obliged that you provided all that you did, and I mean it sincerely. I believe the vast majority of what you say, which puts you right at the top of all the people I know. ;) But you chose not to answer that question, when you for the most part answered all others, and I am an opinionated person, as are you.

Kelly. Are you serious? You expect me to get that specific? If I have been wrong in the past let me know.

it's not about the result, it's about the attempt (or lack their of if you believe the rumors) - the report was the bills didn't even try to maxmize their return and i believe it based on how inept this front office has performed

Yes. They can be inept. But of course they tried to get the best they could for him. Probably could have timed it better. But he made Travis Henry look like Justin Bieber.

Can I ask a related question: Does Ralph Wilson provide financial incentives to his executive staff for winning, or only for improved profitability? I understand why this information might be closely held between RW and the specific executives. However, if (for example) Littman receives a larger bonus for every $1M of profit, but any football-related bonuses are inconsequential, it is logical for him to be 100% focuses on the bottom line. Similarly for any other person in the organization. Sentimental desires to win are nice but in the end this is a business. Ralph Wilson's net worth increases whenever the value of the Bills as a team increases. JW has stated many times that he does not believe Ralph is "only" interested in money, and I believe that. However if he provides financial incentives that drive financial-oriented behavior, then his leadership style is to blame whether intentional or not. Similarly, if he has placed in a decision-making role someone who is primarily incentivized by financial results then that is what he is likely to get. Any light that can be shed on this question?

Kelly. Are you serious? You expect me to get that specific? If I have been wrong in the past let me know.

Actually, all I want to know is if you know for a fact how this particular trade went down and willing to put your reputation on it OR whether what you said is simply how this front office works.

My uninformed speculation is that JW feels it is not appropriate to "report further" on a published article via an Internet forum. If I was the AP, I would not encourage reporters to post stories officially, then add more to the story via unofficial channels. I do not pretend to understand the distinction but there must be some line between his usual participation and this question, which he is unwilling to cross. I think we (as a board) should leave it alone even though we are curious.

Fair enough... but there have been no further articles on the issue on the AP either.

Yes. They can be inept. But of course they tried to get the best they could for him. Probably could have timed it better. But he made Travis Henry look like Justin Bieber.

How long did it take for the Bills brass to realize that Lynch's reputation was well deserved?