Spiller's run

eball

Yeap and on his next 2 touches a screen play and swing pass when all he had to do was beat one defender in space he went down each time for a loss.

He did not have a good night. What I was referring to is the off tackle run on the first play. It was a thing of beauty.

Spiller is never going to be a tackle breaker. Does he need to be able to beat one guy in space? Absolutely.

Call me crazy, but CJ's 27-yarder to start the Bills' first possession was a thing of beauty. Patience, vision, and speed. Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.

You're crazy man, I like you, but you're crazy.

He did not have a good night. What I was referring to is the off tackle run on the first play. It was a thing of beauty.

Spiller is never going to be a tackle breaker. Does he need to be able to beat one guy in space? Absolutely.

Totally agree. I simply really liked that first run, as it seemed to disprove those who have claimed Spiller is too dumb to read blocks and can't pick the right holes.

WHat i need from Spiller other than the obvious is to NOT take negative yardage plays as often as he does. Just take the yard or two if you have to but don't make a 1st and 10 into a 2nd and 12.

Defenders being in the backfield as soon as he gets the hand-off is not Spiller's fault.

I love how one poster above can discount his run by saying it was due to good blocking, but Spiller getting tackled in the backfield is his own fault... :rolleyes:

Lets not be too hard on spiller, the guy needs time before we can "reggie bush" him. Keep in mind that freddie Jackson couldnt crack the NFL at spiller's age. Guy was playing in front of high school crowds in europe.

Freddie Jackson wasn't the 9th overall pick in the draft.

One good run. There's a lot of hope tied in one play, but I will be very happy if that play is a harbinger.

In the meantime, we have a solid starter. An announcer recently said Freddie flowed like a waterfall. While other RBs gash and zig, Freddie, he said, effortlessly glides through defenders, taking the path to least resistance.

I say Freddie's nickname should hereby be "Waterfall Jackson."

Freddie Jackson wasn't the 9th overall pick in the draft.

Oh i hadnt thought of that :wallbash: :wallbash: geez.

It still takes time for some RBs to adjust, whether you are a scrub or not. Spiller may never be good, but he has a lot more physical talent that Jackson, and he is showing more this year than last already.

Call me crazy, but CJ's 27-yarder to start the Bills' first possession was a thing of beauty. Patience, vision, and speed. Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.

Here's the video from BB.com Spiller run

You can see it's a great job by the O-line and WRs, and it helps that Spiller is fast.

Lets not be too hard on spiller, the guy needs time before we can "reggie bush" him.

I am confused, do you mean are going to cut him in a few years because he isnt producing and is due a huge roster bonus?

Edited by Thoner7

The thing about those off tackle runs--its more about the blocking than the run. But I hear you Spiller did his part to perfection.

and guess who was doing the blocking on Detroit's 1st team guys? ... Bell, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, and Pear.

The starting O-Line is looking like they are coming together and I really like Hairston's mean streak and blocking ability so he will be pushing both Bell and Pear. Of course, not sure about the rest of the reserves so the waiver wire may give us someone who will better serve the team if injuries hit.

Totally agree. I simply really liked that first run, as it seemed to disprove those who have claimed Spiller is too dumb to read blocks and can't pick the right holes.

One preseason play takes care of that? Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

But thanks for starting this thread. I will make sure not to be late watching it tonight. I'd hate to miss Spillers good play :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

One preseason play takes care of that? Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

But thanks for starting this thread. I will make sure not to be late watching it tonight. I'd hate to miss Spillers good play :)

:lol: