arthur moats

i, like many here, really like this kid and think he has a lot of potential. unlike many here, i thought the idea of him moving to the ilb position was not a horrible idea simply because it would conceivably put another playmaker on the field. but last i heard he was 2nd team ilb, and now the team has added kirk morrison to the mix. is moats injured right now and in danger of missing signifigant time? are they moving him back outside? are they just trying out as many combos as possible to find the best mix? if anyone has any insight, i'd be much appreciative.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i, like many here, really like this kid and think he has a lot of potential. unlike many here, i thought the idea of him moving to the ilb position was not a horrible idea simply because it would conceivably put another playmaker on the field. but last i heard he was 2nd team ilb, and now the team has added kirk morrison to the mix. is moats injured right now and in danger of missing signifigant time? are they moving him back outside? are they just trying out as many combos as possible to find the best mix? if anyone has any insight, i'd be much appreciative.

It's probably too soon to get a read on where Moats will ultimately play. I like the kid a lot, but when I think of Merriman, Carrington, and Batten at olb, I don't look at the Moats move as a problem right now. If Moats has to move back into the mix at olb because of injuries, I still don't feel that his time spent inside will be much of a handicap.

Hope Coleman gets hurt (pulls a hammy or something) so they move him back to OLB. So far Coleman has done nothing at JLB wen I focus on him. Moats is best as a pass rusher so moving him back to ILB is puzzling.

I think Coleman had a sack last game

Hope Coleman gets hurt (pulls a hammy or something) so they move him back to OLB. So far Coleman has done nothing at JLB wen I focus on him. Moats is best as a pass rusher so moving him back to ILB is puzzling.

What the hell is that to say?? How bout they just realize he was better at olb and coleman takes a back seat. That's f*cked up you would hope one of our players get hurt.

I think Moats is in danger of being released, and that fans have too high an opinion of the few plays he made last year because we are sooooooo starved for a pass rush. I hope we keep him, as he has some talent, but I would not at all be surprised if Chris White was kept and Moats released.

It's going to be difficult for Gailey to choose roster spots. Andre Davis is playing well. Him and Barnett will start on the inside. Morrison and Sheppard will back them up. On the outside, Merriman and Kelsay are locks. Battan and Coleman look like the back ups. Carrington will play some LB and DE, although I am not counting him as an LB because Kelsay will also play both.

If we keep 9, Moats may be the odd man out. White is a draft pick by Nix, looked very good to me in the first game, especially his speed and size, and he's much more of a prototypical ILB. I think it's tough to keep 10 when we are going to have difficult choices at other roster spots.

I think Moats is in danger of being released, and that fans have too high an opinion of the few plays he made last year because we are sooooooo starved for a pass rush. I hope we keep him, as he has some talent, but I would not at all be surprised if Chris White was kept and Moats released.

It's going to be difficult for Gailey to choose roster spots. Andre Davis is playing well. Him and Barnett will start on the inside. Morrison and Sheppard will back them up. On the outside, Merriman and Kelsay are locks. Battan and Coleman look like the back ups. Carrington will play some LB and DE, although I am not counting him as an LB because Kelsay will also play both.

If we keep 9, Moats may be the odd man out. White is a draft pick by Nix, looked very good to me in the first game, especially his speed and size, and he's much more of a prototypical ILB. I think it's tough to keep 10 when we are going to have difficult choices at other roster spots.

I think you may be right about this, Kelly. Moats is a fan favorite based on a few things he did last year, and I think he has some skills, but he is not showing much so far this year. Maybe you could blame the move to the inside where he may not be as suited to play, but I think it will be a close thing whether he make the final roster.

What you are describing is yet another symptom of The Kelsay Question. The obvious solution would be to cut Kelsay, but it will never happen.