According to some, we should be SB contenders

sac bills

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems some fans expected a 180 degree turnaround this soon. I'm in it for the long haul. In fact, I think we're better off than a lot of franchises that are in rebuilding mode. Look at the 49ers - they're a mess. Their same ineffective QB is on his third coaching regime. And they're getting worse.

At least this Bills leadership cleaned (most of the) house from what I think we can all agree was a pile of you know what. Let's not just hang on to guys for posterity's sake.

Still, if by next season they're not an 8-8 team, I think the rebuilding is off track. But my point is that it's too early to judge now.

49ers would clean our clock this year - The new Travis Henry (what's his name Gore?) would run over our so called linebackers.

The Reading Department has developed an on-line tutorial to help you prepare for the Reading portion of the test. In the Reading Comprehension section of the test, there are two types of questions that are designed to measure your ability to understand what you read. The PRACTICE TEST consists of twenty questions that will test the same reading skills as the Accuplacer using the same types of questions. After choosing an answer, you will be shown the correct answer as well as explanations as to why each answer is either correect or incorrect.

The tutorial also has links to websites that will provide additonal practices to strengthen both your vocabulary and reading comprehension skills. Links to study skills sites are also given to provide you with time management, test-taking and various other study strategies. The menu on the left provides links to all of these sites.

Good Luck!

Can't see us getting a chance at the Lombardi Trophy and I am one of those optimists. Actually, I don't think anyone who posts here is dreaming that dream quite yet.

However the optimists in the room do see a team that is taking the right steps. Nix has worked hard to fix our biggest problem of last year, which was the run defense. Gailey is going to continue to work on an offense that produced almost 20 points a game last year even though Trent was the starter for four games.

There are great opportunities if this team takes on a cocky winning attitude and some of the great "dream teams" have major holes in their line-ups.

I can't wait for the season to start and I know one thing... we won't be competing for Mr. Luck this season!

He isn't saying that. He's saying that, according to some, Nix and Gailey should have turned the Bills into a serious contender by now.

Stop showing off your reading comprehension skills. You get a lot of practice being a college puke and all.

It seems some fans expected a 180 degree turnaround this soon. I'm in it for the long haul. In fact, I think we're better off than a lot of franchises that are in rebuilding mode. Look at the 49ers - they're a mess. Their same ineffective QB is on his third coaching regime. And they're getting worse.

At least this Bills leadership cleaned (most of the) house from what I think we can all agree was a pile of you know what. Let's not just hang on to guys for posterity's sake.

Still, if by next season they're not an 8-8 team, I think the rebuilding is off track. But my point is that it's too early to judge now.

I am the self proclaimed most optomistic person on this board......

We are not going to the Super Bowl

Do I think we can make the playoffs.....if everything goes perfectly we have a EXTREMELY outside chance.......

This is gonna be a fun season

Do I think we can make the playoffs.....if everything goes perfectly we have a EXTREMELY outside chance.......

Based on this post alone you are not the most optimistic.

There are some that honestly believe the playoffs are a very reasonable expectation this season.

Huh? :unsure:

No offense, my good friend from Hemet, but you don't know optimism...

Right now, we're undefeated and tied for first place...

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Cant recall anyone saying we're sb contenders.... like no one.

Exactly. The OP is trying to convince himself of something. He is in it for the long haul, well I guess we all are if we are still here after almost a decade and a half of suckitude. I haven't even heard any of the people on here that need to see a doctor because they are so overly optimistic say they expect us to go to the Superbowl.

Edited by billsfreak

He isn't saying that. He's saying that, according to some, Nix and Gailey should have turned the Bills into a serious contender by now.

I don't know if I have seen anyone say that either? Now get them heading in the correct direction instead of decreasing the number of wins from the previous season would be a start.

It's reasonable to expect that after bringing in a "NEW AND BETTER" coaching staff and front office, we should improve from 7-9/6-10 to a winning record. Instead we got a 4-12 record.

I expect a winning season by next season, otherwise start over... again.

It's reasonable to expect that after bringing in a "NEW AND BETTER" coaching staff and front office, we should improve from 7-9/6-10 to a winning record. Instead we got a 4-12 record.

I expect a winning season by next season, otherwise start over... again.

That has been the story of this franchise for a decade plus every since Ralph chased Wade Phillips out over money, we haven't been a contender since. We have had no stability since, which goes in hand in hand with being a winning team. After 20+ years in the military where you transfer every 3-4 years and start over, kinda makes watching the Bills seem natural since they do the same thing.

Edited by billsfreak

That has been the story of this franchise for a decade plus every since Ralph chased Wade Phillips out over money, we haven't been a contender since. We have had no stability since, which goes in hand in hand with being a winning team. After 20+ years in the military where you transfer every 3-4 years and start over, kinda makes watching the Bills seem natural since they do the same thing.

Well, here's the thing... I expect to see progress over the course of 3-4 years. That means being better that who you replaced. DJ put together 7-9/6-10 records. I think it's realistic to expect Chan/Nix to put together at least an 8-8 or better record, otherwise we're just doing more of the same (losing and going nowhere).

It didn't get off to a good start last year... this year we have a lot of "IFS" (Merriman, Barnett, Dareus, Johnson, etc)and an easy record. We could easily finish 4-12 again, but we could also easily finish 10-6. So who knows. But if we finish 4-12 again... well.. yeah, that's not what I want or the direction I want to see our team go in.