Ok can you people cheer up now?

1B4IDie

We won a preseason game in OT and our 1s looked pretty good doing it.

Now you can take a step back and look at the other preseason games and see from your new point of view that the 1s on defense looked pretty good in every pre season game.

Let's take it easy people. The head of the baby might be crowning this season. There's still a long season of labor but something good might be happening.

The first defense has been very solid throughout the preseason--even without the starting LB crew always there, and offense finally showed some cohesion and signs of real life last evening (it all starts, and ends, with the online).

Ahhhhh . . . . the sky is not falling in, accept for the gallons of rain coming down on me here in PA as I type. Reminding me of Agnes like rainfall, let's hope it does nothing like the damage of it.

Edited by CSBill

We won a preseason game in OT and our 1s looked pretty good doing it.

Now you can take a step back and look at the other preseason games and see from your new point of view that the 1s on defense looked pretty good in every pre season game.

Let's take it easy people. The head of the baby might be crowning this season. There's still a long season of labor but something good might be happening.

Well, they looked better and starters are staying healthy for the first time in years, there are two positives. Easley looks like a player as well. theres three positives. I don't care about Evans, they're just players. Players come and go. Until they win some games in the regular season against teams they are not supposed to be competitive against, this team is still just a work in progress...

If we would have played shi$$y last night there would have been an overflow of posts about how bad we suck.

I know as Bills fans we tend to keep our expectations low, as to not be disappointed, but if that game is any indication

of how we will look this year, it's gonna be a good year. Im not a "stat-man" so forgive me if these are a little off, but Fitz threw 11/12 completions for 164 yds and 2 tds in the first half. Keep in mind his completions were not due to a bunch of little checkdown passes; he aired it out a few times (50+yd completion to Stevie). Another bright spot was the O-line kept Fitz untouched the entire game...hmmm...i wonder if there is some correlation between the line keeping him upright, and him making good throws all game??? The running game was good...Fred flowed thru their defense like the "salmon of capastrano", and spiller hit was hitting the holes (PS- i may be alone on this one, but i feel like every time he touches the ball he could take it all the way- he is gonna have a good year!. Defense remains solid played well even with "lights out" not in the game. someone already mentioned this but carrington played really well, and i feel like batten has gotten a sack in every game so far....this time it was with the ones.

I already called a "no jinx" before posting this so don't worry about that. I am definately one to b*tch about this team when they play poorly, but at the same time give credit where it is due! I am interested in TBDers take/opinions on the game. Win or lose this should be a good/(at least fun to watch) season

The first defense has been very solid throughout the preseason--even without the starting LB crew always there, and offense finally showed some cohesion and signs of real life last evening (it all starts, and ends, with the online).

Ahhhhh . . . . the sky is not falling in, accept for the gallons of rain coming down on me here in PA as I type. Reminding me of Agnes like rainfall, let's hope it does nothing like the damage of it.

Agreed. Stay dry CS!

Last night's performance should dampen the "0-16" threads a bit, but Im sure they'll still come.

I still stick with my prediction that we are a 6-10 team. We could end up 8-8 if we catch some breaks, but as we've seen indisputable proof of, the NFL/refs will be against us in every game as well.

we've seen indisputable proof of, the NFL/refs will be against us in every game as well.

We saw bad officiating in the Jags game but "indisputable proof"??? Refs will be against us in EVERY game???

I assume you like conspiracy theories like the mob killed JFK and we never landed a man on the moon and Bush was complicit in 9/11 and Obama was born in Indonesia where he attended a madrassa and Bin Laden is still alive and living at a beach resort with Elvis and Jim Morrison.

I share your pain about yesterday's bad calls but let's not feel victimized yet for future officiating. Let's at least wait until it happens in actuality.

We saw bad officiating in the Jags game but "indisputable proof"??? Refs will be against us in EVERY game???

I share your pain about yesterday's bad calls but let's not feel victimized yet for future officiating. Let's at least wait until it happens in actuality.

Not just yesterday. As a Bills fan, Im sure you know it's no secret that the call always goes the other way. "Just give it to him", etc. Then the story breaks that the Commissioner pushed a major Free Agent away from us...

It's no secret the NFL hates the Bills. Small market, losing team, rowdy crowd, old owner who isnt on board with the modern Billionaires...

Yesterday isn't the only evidence, it's just that it's so obvious now.

I understand that it's up to the team to not leave it to the refs. But it's frustrating when it's blatantly in our faces.

I assume you like conspiracy theories like the mob killed JFK and we never landed a man on the moon and Bush was complicit in 9/11 and Obama was born in Indonesia where he attended a madrassa and Bin Laden is still alive and living at a beach resort with Elvis and Jim Morrison.

Well, yesterday's officiating WAS god-awful - and referee Mike Carey practically singlehandedly allowed the Jags back into the contest after the Bills starters were dominating 17-0.

But, NFL-conspiracy theories aside, I think Carey's entire extended family must have been gathered around the television set watching - because he seemingly couldn't resist any opportunity to get on camera, prolonging the game into a 4-hour 'screen-test'.

Not just yesterday. As a Bills fan, Im sure you know it's no secret that the call always goes the other way. "Just give it to him", etc. Then the story breaks that the Commissioner pushed a major Free Agent away from us...

It's no secret the NFL hates the Bills. Small market, losing team, rowdy crowd, old owner who isnt on board with the modern Billionaires...

I understand that it's up to the team to not leave it to the refs. But it's frustrating when it's blatantly in our faces.

Did the Bills get some bad calls by the refs last night? Yeah, but the Jags got one or two too. I assure you, there is no officiating conspiracy against the Bills.

Further, Stevie and God are tight now, so cosmic forces will be on our side for a change this season.

Did the Bills get some bad calls by the refs last night? Yeah, but the Jags got one or two too. I assure you, there is no officiating conspiracy against the Bills.

Further, Stevie and God are tight now, so cosmic forces will be on our side for a change this season.

You can believe that, I'll stick with my theory. :thumbsup:

Hey, do you come to Hudson Grille Midtown for games?

this doesn't make sense. the nfl as a whole, wants parity...close games and end of season drama. if anything, the league would benefit from our improving.

this doesn't make sense. the nfl as a whole, wants parity...close games and end of season drama. if anything, the league would benefit from our improving.

That's sound reasoning...never apply for a job with the league. They don't have room for sound reasoning.

Yes! And Jimmy Hoffa is really under the Ralph, not Giants Stadium (The new turf is a dead giveaway)...& it's obvious Oswald had at least three accomplices, and let's hope those little grey aliens at area 51 don't bust loose!

It's hard to give a team that's shown nothing for the past decade the benefit of the doubt... not to mention we traded our top wideout and ignored the offensive line.

Those were our first TD's of the preseason, but they looked good last night.

I hope it carries over.

Go bills

I stand by my original prediction of either 8-8 or 9-7

A couple of things that seem to be getting missed the pre season due to all the doom and gloom

- What the defense did last night is not a anomally...the starters have been kicking @ss all preseason especially in the running game.....now when the starters go out we start springing leaks all over the place.....but our top guys have been playing some good ball

- The OFFENSE has been doing the exact same thing....when the STARTERS have been out there we have been moving the ball up and down the field.....we just haven't been putting it in the end zone and coming away with 3 points BUT it is important thing to note that this bills team to me looks biult to do really well inside the 20.....big targets.....receivers that are most all over 6 foot and over 200 pounds.....a huge tight end.......this is one of the reasons Lee became expendable....Lee just didnt have the size in the red zone to be a factor as say a player like Marcus Easley who can outmuscule a smaller defender for a ball

Things have been pretty much going this way in preseason folks......last night they just worked a little better

We had one of those "perfect" games from some of our starting players, but it's clear that our backups still suck big time and this was just the Jags. I'm not cheering up until we are a playoff caliber team.

Some do, yes...but they'll be gone soon after the cuts. What did you think of Elzy?