Some thoughts

5 Wide

Thanks, appreciate your firsthand input.

Carrington?

I honestly only noticed him a few times, and it wasn't for anything good or bad. About the only thing I can say is he looks like he is built like a Mack truck.

Did you see that play where dares shed a block from the RT, and came down like 3 gaps to stuff a run play for a loss/no gain? Holy sh*t that was a play like 5 other guys in the league coulda made. He may be out best player already.

I definitely did. I said the same thing, He just scraped down the line and worked through 2 lineman to make that play.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-Fitz looked great, made some great throws, moved around in the pocket well, looked much more comfortable than the first few games

- D. Bell actually looked pretty good tonight at LT

Good to see the execution, but to keep things in perspective, this line bears repeating from today's Jax news coverage:

"Playing against a team lacking three of its best pass-rushers,, Fitzpatrick completed his first 11 passes and finished 11-of-12..."

Edited by Lurker

Very realistic and insightful. Thanks for the thoughts. Will be watching and DVRing it tonight.

-Fitz looked great, made some great throws, moved around in the pocket well, looked much more comfortable than the first few games

- Stevie is very good in traffic. SJ looks very comfortable plucking the ball and getting back to protect himself. Hopefully he can follow up the breakout season by making a lot of those tough catches.

- Levitre looked pretty bad tonight at LT. He was getting lit up on the bull rushes, looked like he was out of his weight class on a few of those pass plays.

- Spiller hit it up inside better than he has been. He got some tough yardage up the middle and showed a few flashes of why he was drafted.

- Dareus is a large man. He looks like the type of player that you will see teams starting to run away from when working the ground game. He gets inside the o-linemen's hands very quickly and disengages from their blocks very well.

- Refs are in preseason mode. Two pass interference calls to keep Jacksonville drives going were pretty tough calls. Florence had textbook position on the one play.

- Kamar Aiken shows promise. He made a great acrobatic play and seems to be one of those guys who just flows out there, much like how Stevie Johnson just kinda flows in the game.

- Jasper needs work. The big man is a beast, but his technique is poor. He allows himself to be directed by the o-linemen. They were steering him pretty much at will a lot of the night.

- Pears looked to hold his own as well. He's a lot closer to being an average NFL RT than he is being terrible. He seems to have good mobility and held his own in the run blocking game tonight.

- I think Batten will see the field a lot this year. He has a nice feel for the game and I wouldn't be surprised to see him rotated in more than we might expect.

- Scott Chandler might be a real Tight End. If the Bills choose to try to work the TE into their playbook this year, Chandler looks like he might be able to tote the mail. Seems to have soft hands and is a very big target.

I love Gailey's enthusiasm for the game. So much different than Jauron. On those pass interference calls Gailey was on his horse jawing at the referees. He was very animated and let them know what was on his mind. It was nice to see after enduring all those years with Skeletor.

Take it for what it's worth, but it was fun being back at the Ralph and watching some football.

Good to see the execution, but to keep things in perspective, this line bears repeating from today's Jax news coverage:

"Playing against a team lacking three of its best pass-rushers,, Fitzpatrick completed his first 11 passes and finished 11-of-12..."

On the bright side, he completed 11 of 12 without 3 of his top 4 receivers.

Where's Troupe?

And why is Easely returning kicks?

Troup[e played well almost exclusively with the 2s. I dont know if I saw him in with the ones once. He was playing DE primarily with Jasper at NG in the thrid Quarter. He look very good in their though (likely because it was v backups)

Who cares who is 'returning kicks' 90% of them are touchbacks.

So our starting OL can handle backup DLs. Its obvious what our main weakness is.

Edited by Thoner7

Troup[e played well almost exclusively with the 2s. I dont know if I saw him in with the ones once. He was playing DE primarily with Jasper at NG in the thrid Quarter. He look very good in their though (likely because it was v backups)

Who cares who is 'returning kicks' 90% of them are touchbacks.

So our starting OL can handle backup DLs. Its obvious what our main weakness is.

Our defensive front 7 was noticeably bigger. They made jags oline look small. We have the look now of a D that can oppose its will on the opposing offense

Our defensive front 7 was noticeably bigger. They made jags oline look small. We have the look now of a D that can oppose its will on the opposing offense

And how do you feel about Spiller?

Regarding our D last night, Merriman didn't play, neither did Moats, or Kelsay, or Kirk Morrison, or Kelvin Sheppard, or Chris White.

Every one of these linebackers will make the team this year so considering we were without 6 of our top 10 LBs.

Of our best backers, only Nick Barnett, Andra Davis, Danny Batten and Antonio Coleman played.

That being considered, I'd say I was happy with the defense.

I think the missed tackles in the second half was a reflection of having so many veteran/talented LBs missing. It was all third stringers in the second half.

Seems I'm not allowed to be critical of individual players. So I've resorted to gushy euphoric enthusiasm.

From what I've seen, this board has never taken kindly to one-man crusades. It's fine to be critical but try to keep it under control. Your opinion has as much value as anyone else, we just don't need to see anti-Spiller rants from the same poster in three different threads.

From what I've seen, this board has never taken kindly to one-man crusades. It's fine to be critical but try to keep it under control. Your opinion has as much value as anyone else, we just don't need to see anti-Spiller rants from the same poster in three different threads.

How about after I've dropped it those who keep bringing up his name ?

How about after I've dropped it those who keep bringing up his name ?

Dude, why don't you just let it go?

JK. :)

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

And how do you feel about Spiller?

Regarding our D last night, Merriman didn't play, neither did Moats, or Kelsay, or Kirk Morrison, or Kelvin Sheppard, or Chris White.

Every one of these linebackers will make the team this year so considering we were without 6 of our top 10 LBs.

Of our best backers, only Nick Barnett, Andra Davis, Danny Batten and Antonio Coleman played.

That being considered, I'd say I was happy with the defense.

I think the missed tackles in the second half was a reflection of having so many veteran/talented LBs missing. It was all third stringers in the second half.

The series that bothered me was at the end of the 2nd half. Before the inappropriate PI call on Florence. The Bills had Jax stopped outside "Gimme 3" range, 3 and 10 at the Buf 45. #43 (Scott?) let one by him for 12 yds to let Jax live. Then, after the PI call, they somehow let Garrard run all over the place like a pinball hitting the bumpers before trotting in untouched for a score. BOYZ....THIS ISN'T PRACTICE AND HE ISN'T YOUR QB.....IT'S OK TO LOWER THE BOOM NOW! Hopefully our coaches will figure out what went wrong there and read out the riot act, that just shouldn't happen.

I was having trouble tracking personnel - I know Dareus came out before the half, couldn't tell who was there - but there was a real Keystone Cops thing and most of the 1st string D was still on the field, I think.

Edited by Hopeful

- Stevie is very good in traffic. SJ looks very comfortable plucking the ball and getting back to protect himself. Hopefully he can follow up the breakout season by making a lot of those tough catches.

- Levitre looked pretty bad tonight at LT. He was getting lit up on the bull rushes, looked like he was out of his weight class on a few of those pass plays.

- Spiller hit it up inside better than he has been. He got some tough yardage up the middle and showed a few flashes of why he was drafted.

- Dareus is a large man. He looks like the type of player that you will see teams starting to run away from when working the ground game. He gets inside the o-linemen's hands very quickly and disengages from their blocks very well.

- Refs are in preseason mode. Two pass interference calls to keep Jacksonville drives going were pretty tough calls. Florence had textbook position on the one play.

- Kamar Aiken shows promise. He made a great acrobatic play and seems to be one of those guys who just flows out there, much like how Stevie Johnson just kinda flows in the game.

- Jasper needs work. The big man is a beast, but his technique is poor. He allows himself to be directed by the o-linemen. They were steering him pretty much at will a lot of the night.

- Pears looked to hold his own as well. He's a lot closer to being an average NFL RT than he is being terrible. He seems to have good mobility and held his own in the run blocking game tonight.

- I think Batten will see the field a lot this year. He has a nice feel for the game and I wouldn't be surprised to see him rotated in more than we might expect.

- Scott Chandler might be a real Tight End. If the Bills choose to try to work the TE into their playbook this year, Chandler looks like he might be able to tote the mail. Seems to have soft hands and is a very big target.

I love Gailey's enthusiasm for the game. So much different than Jauron. On those pass interference calls Gailey was on his horse jawing at the referees. He was very animated and let them know what was on his mind. It was nice to see after enduring all those years with Skeletor.

Take it for what it's worth, but it was fun being back at the Ralph and watching some football.

The Refs did a very bad job last night.

Wife and I stayed right to the end.