Some thoughts

5 Wide

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to give George Edwards the year to see if he is a legitimate DC. I guess we'll never know how much true influence that Wanny has on the formations and play-calling. I'm sure he's a major part of the game planning. But I really like how they are switching up the defense so far. They hardly ever seem to line up in the same formation or line-up and I mean that in a compliment. Guys are coming from all over. Sometimes we play a 4-2-5 with three safeties even on first down (and it worked well, although these were the Jagoffs without Jones-Drew).

Our front seven looks good. Spencer Johnson and Carrington both had strong games. Dwan Edwards looked good. Dareus was slowed by his leg.

Easley really got some confidence, he would be a huge plus if he starts to come on. He's got a ton of talent, and already a pretty good blocker.

Both Spiller and Freddy ran hard, and even saw a couple mini holes.

Fitz was not touched once, and was only flushed once, where he made a great pass to Easley for the first down.

I bet the Bills were laughing in the huddle when they called the isolation pass to Freddy being covered by Poz. We're going to see a lot of 20-40 yard passes to Jackson and Spiller I think.

Brad Smith is a tank and runs really hard for 6'2" 212. Already one of my favorite players and can't wait until Gailey turns him loose in the regular season. I see no reason that inside the 3 yard line that Fitz should be in the game. Smith should play QB and run, handoff, or roll out and throw.

Hairston looked pretty damn good for his first action. He actually looks like a RT.

The line played well overall, although the Jags were without a few guys, including their best pass rusher.

Thigpen was atrocious for most of the game, even when he started moving the team he looked bad. He's a decent back-up at best.

Fitz's two TDs were both things of beauty. The Easley pass was perfect to the taller player. Easley himself said he wasn't even open, Fitz just threw the ball perfectly. The bomb couldn't have been much better, hitting Stevie in perfect stride.

Battan and Coleman both showed some promise. We actually have linebackers now.

I don't know why people think Drayton Florence is all that good. To me, he's bad half the time he plays. I don't want us trading Terrence McGee, especially for a draft choice.

Wilson has looked pretty decent to me as a starter.

There was a lot to like about that game, run and pass, offense and defense, especially and obviously the starters.

I also caught the very end of the game, and I was really impressed with that Elzy guy (or whatever his name is)...this guy was laying blocks right and left to give Levi more time in the pocket. I also saw some nice burst from him when he hit the hole...guy might push Johnny White for playing time.

:oops: