Is morale low at One Bills Drive?

folz

In the WGR article about Drayton Florence this morning (http://wgr550.com/Bills-Florence-has-no-regrets/10744503)

the writer says: "According to some at One Bills Drive morale is the lowest it's been there in years. Employees mope around hoping things will finally get better. "

I know morale is low at Two Bills Drive right now, but really? Morale is the lowest it's been in years at One Bills Drive? Employees moping around?

I'm thinking this is just a reporter talking out of his ass based on Florence's tweets, or whatever. That's a pretty bold statement if he's just guessing or just taking

one person's word for it.

What do you guys think? Could One Bills Drive be as down as Two Bills Drive right now? I hope not. But how is this guy to judge the morale of an entire

organization?

Of course even if it were, a good showing tonight could change that.

Go Bills!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul Hamilton is like Jerry Sullivan, he hates pretty much everything.

That said, I just think 11 years of losing wears on front office people the way it wears on fans and on message board posters. It's just as miserable around here as it's been in 11 years. Combined with the way the lockout put a damper on a lot of people's enthusiasm, I am not surprised morale is low. A couple wins and everything will be fine.

Until, of course, a four game losing streak crushes hopes and makes everyone miserable again.

Yes, morale is low. I have no insider information, but if your organization was mired with 11 years of futility, organizational turnover, and the advanced aging of your CEO while other similar organizations have grown exponentially, you'd be saddled with low morale too.

Win some games and heads won't be hanging.

I got an email from OBD yesterday that they have season tix available in the "first few rows" due to non-payments.

So yeah - ticket sales are down, hopes are low, and I can imagine that morale sucks. It's always darkest just before it goes to pitch-black.

Are you a long time season ticket holder or do you think there's another reason why you got that email? Just asking because I've told the Bills I was considering adding some lower level seats to my club seats, but did not receive a similar email.

What's funny is morale, at least around here, was pretty high following the draft. It looks like the combination of trading Lee, shafting Fred, and juggling the O-line without adding any talent to it, has taken it's toll, certainly with the fans, and possibly with the team.

Are you a long time season ticket holder or do you think there's another reason why you got that email? Just asking because I've told the Bills I was considering adding some lower level seats to my club seats, but did not receive a similar email.

I got the email too actually but I switched my seat location via buying a friends ticket so that could be why they are looking for me

Don't know how far a drive it is for you, but I've ALWAYS found the Bills ticket office and sales staff easier to work with in person - and they bend over backwards for club-seat owners.

(Edit: I guess if you're in Houston, it's a bit of a long drive :oops: )

Edited by The Senator

In the WGR article about Drayton Florence this morning (http://wgr550.com/Bills-Florence-has-no-regrets/10744503)

the writer says: "According to some at One Bills Drive morale is the lowest it's been there in years. Employees mope around hoping things will finally get better. "

I know morale is low at Two Bills Drive right now, but really? Morale is the lowest it's been in years at One Bills Drive? Employees moping around?

I'm thinking this is just a reporter talking out of his ass based on Florence's tweets, or whatever. That's a pretty bold statement if he's just guessing or just taking

one person's word for it.

What do you guys think? Could One Bills Drive be as down as Two Bills Drive right now? I hope not. But how is this guy to judge the morale of an entire

organization?

Of course even if it were, a good showing tonight could change that.

Go Bills!

Maybe. Maybe not. But the fact that you led with "WGR" tells you all you need to know. WGR...'nuff said.

Loss of lee Evans has players defeated thinking ownership isn't committed to winning.

Exactly...That was never going to be a popular move in the Locker Room...Heck I heard an Interview with Donald Jones last week and even he sounded pretty bummed...And no one benefited more from the Evans Trade than Jones... B-)

They drafted pretty well and morale went up some.

Then they did nothing much in free agency. Yes, they signed a couple guys, but also lost a bunch of guys, and didn't get any better. Not addressing the o-line was especially disheartening.

The loss of Evans just reminds everywhere of what an inept organization this is, and it's just hard to be fired up when you know you are fighting and uphill battle every year, and there is really not much hope for the future since nothing will change until there is a change in ownership.

Exactly...That was never going to be a popular move in the Locker Room...Heck I heard an Interview with Donald Jones last week and even he sounded pretty bummed...And no one benefited more from the Evans Trade than Jones... B-)

We'll likely never know the full story behind the trade, but rumor is that Evans requested it (he wanted an opportunity to play for a contender while he still had something left in the tank).

I have no problem with the Bills accommodating his request (as noted, his production was on the decline here - and no one wants a player that wants to be elsewhere), but really thought we should have gotten better than a 4th.

Edited by The Senator

morale is low at my workplace, too. this is the time of year when my co-workers start belittling and laughing at me for being a bills fan. even worse is when they just give you a sad look and you become an object of their pity.

Edited by Dirtbag

We'll likely never know the full story behind the trade, but rumor is that Evans requested it (he wanted an opportunity to play for a contender while he still had something left in the tank).

I have no problem with the Bills accommodating his request (as noted, his production was on the decline here - and no one wants a player that wants to be elsewhere), but really thought we should have gotten better than a 4th.

Then call his bluff and tell him to sit out because he's worth a lot more than a 4th.

we are in the middle of a 4 year turnaround. After 11 seasons of no playoffs we still are no closer. reality is crashing in on obd. no matter how well their crack marketing team tries to sell the '11 bills they are fighting an uphill battle.